Tommy goneeeeeee

Discussion in 'Central Coast Mariners FC' started by true believer, Jan 13, 2020.

Tags:
  1. true believer

true believer Well-Known Member

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. FFC Mariner

FFC Mariner Well-Known Member

No great loss, cant cross, over 30 and on big money. We can do better

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. shipwreck

shipwreck Well-Known Member

Isn't he 28?

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. true believer

true believer Well-Known Member

Been good this year and a big motor .
    Sorry to see him go

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. pjennings

pjennings Well-Known Member

This is where recruitment needs to step up. If we lose a visa player - we need to replace with a better visa player. If we lose a first team player like Tommy we need to replace him with a better first team player. Even a squaddie - if you lose a squaddie the replacement squaddie must be better than the one you lost.

If this is not happening you are just churning players without strengthening the squad.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 1
  6. scottmac

scottmac Well-Known Member

He's unfortunately playing a role right now that not many in this league can play successfully. For the shape we are right now, it's a massive loss. Would take a big signing to fill that role well.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. pjennings

pjennings Well-Known Member

Spot on - this may be where the 6th visa spot that Mick mentioned could be used.

8. Ozhammer

Ozhammer Well-Known Member

Zero goals and zero assists in two seasons across a total of 22 games doesn’t make for impressive reading in my opinion sorry. Yes he tries hard and yes he is presently playing in an unfamiliar position but even when he was deployed as an attacker, his end product wasn’t good enough. As a senior pro, he has needed to have more influence on the outcome of games but all too often he has been almost invisible to my eyes.

I’m not a Tommy hater at all but the return on his investment hasn’t been good enough for mine.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Insertnamehere

Insertnamehere Well-Known Member

Kinda sums up his career really. Has always tried hard, got in good positions but never really had the quality to take it to the next level and be an elite player.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Forum Phoenix

Forum Phoenix Well-Known Member

I’ve always remembered that ripping goal he scored against us while playing for roar before he left for Utrecht. On the left running towards the bay end, and he cut back in and curled a beautiful shot into the corner. Much like Pain could be relied on to do 2 or 3 times s season for us.

With Tommy, sigh, once he signed I’ve been watching and waiting for him to do it ever since... but I’m not sure I’ve even seen him try it.

• Agree Agree x 1