• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Tickets

Blackadder

All well and good saying people should have memberships, but for those that can only attend a handful (if that) of games due to other commitments (ie work), even the first chance at final tickets outweighs the initial cost IMHO.

gull

I sent an e-mail about members keeping their seats to the FFA and actually got a reply!

Here it is:

Thank you for your email. Firstly please allow me to apologise for the delay in my reply.

In relation to the ticket process for members for Finals Series the current process was implemented due to a number of reasons. In the first 2 years of the league we trialed both the same seat process and the first in first served process. Both processes have pros and cons, however when looking at the overall picture of selling finals series tickets and the challenges we have faced with the two processes it was decided the first in first served process was to be implemented.

One major reason for this is that the Mariners membership database and the Ticketek system are not one in the same. The membership data is stored separately and the Ticketek system does not know where each individual members seat is. For the regular season Ticketek simply blocks that seat off their system so it is not sold. In year one there was an attempt made to link the member data into the Ticketek system. This was done manually. From this members encountered many issues when going to book as information was either not entered correctly or was not entered at all. This created more confusion, frustration and angst to members than what we have seen in Season 2 and subsequently in the sales process this week.

Additionally, with the offer of extra tickets to members during the sales process, in Season 1, naturally members who wanted to take up the offer of purchasing extras wanted these seats to be next to them. They could book their seats but not have the extra's next to them as other members had a hold on those seats. In some instances we did not have all members book and then the unused seats were put on sale to the general public. This then caused issues for those members who wanted the seat next to them but at the time they booked were told they couldn't have those seats only for them then to be taken by general public. Then on game day the member finds out the ticket had been sold to general public and they were made to purchase additional seats away from their own.

Another major factor is web sales. The current ticketing providers across the league do not have the access to sell same seats (if the information was in the ticketing system) via the web. Therefore we would have to limit sales to the phone and agencies only. With a 1 day member window for these early matches in the series this does not provide members with the most convenient method of booking. Making it web accessible opens up the ability for members to book easily and conveniently without having to spend time on the phone or queuing at an outlet on a Monday during work hours. Sales numbers through the web in both members sales this year and last has attracted a high percentage of overall bookings which indicates members are looking to have this convenience.

We understand that with either sales process that we implement we will not be able to make everybody happy. What we are trying to achieve is making it as easy and convenient for members to purchase tickets to these matches. We will always try to improve ways of doing things and take member feedback on board. However please understand if we do things the way one member wants this will then put another member off side. It is here that we are working on finding the right balance.

Again I thank you for your email and I hope this doesn't detract from what promises to be a fantastic Finals Series.

brett

Fair play to that, a sensible response.

Rather than a 'balance' though, the ideal solution would be a 'combined' solution.

If a member wants to get their original seat and 3 more tickets in non-member seats, let them.

If a member wants to sit with their mates, let them buy their 4 in a row elsewhere in the stadium.

What about this hypothetical scenario: 1000 Gold seats, 400 Gold Members. 250 Gold Members snap up 1000 Gold Seats in the first hour, leaving 150 Gold Members in the cold!

This current situation really benefits the non-member mates of members, at the expense of other members.

It is a toughie.

FFC Mariner

Whilst its not applicable yet, we have a stadium that holds about 19,000 paying customers (roughly after comps/sponsors etc).

One day, if our consistent progress is maintained, members will outnumber non-members and spare tickets wont be so easy to come by.

This isnt the SFS, Lang Park or the Telstra Dome where you will always be able to get a ticket of some kind.

I foresee a day where not being a member means you will only be able to fight for tickets to games where there is little/no away support during the regular season.

The other question is shouldnt semi tickets be reserved for people who go to every game and support the club more financially than those who dont go so often??

I rather gather thats the point of memberships

bikinigirl

brett said:

Rather than a 'balance' though, the ideal solution would be a 'combined' solution.

If a member wants to get their original seat and 3 more tickets in non-member seats, let them.

If a member wants to sit with their mates, let them buy their 4 in a row elsewhere in the stadium.

What about this hypothetical scenario: 1000 Gold seats, 400 Gold Members. 250 Gold Members snap up 1000 Gold Seats in the first hour, leaving 150 Gold Members in the cold!

This current situation really benefits the non-member mates of members, at the expense of other members.

It is a toughie.

. doesn't sound too tough to me, makes perfect sense

. nice to get a response though even though at the first opportunity they blame the mariners member database for the problem

. they also noted that this system seemed to work well last year when mariners finals tickets were in such demand  :p

adz

Staff member
Maybe on the members only ticket day you can only purchase 1 seat per membership and that is your normal seat (if you are normally in reserved seating) and no extras. More incentive here to join up and imagine if one day we have 10-15k members, and everyone can get 4 each... a lot would miss out!

The only thing stopping that is ticketek getting their shit together. They obviously have our member numbers in their system, so they could quite easily add what seats we can purchase too. Database/incompatible system thing is a total cop-out. Let's all blame the f**king computer ;)

bikinigirl

. again doesn't seem that hard

. more to do with ffa selling as many tickets as they can as quickly as they can i suspect

. its irrelevant who they are and where they sit

gull

brett said:

It is a toughie.

That was my response to them. Surely there must be a way to do it.

FFC Mariner

There is, the club pre purchases tickets for its members and gives them 48 hours to purchase "their" seat.

Any that are unsold go back into the pool.

If a member wants additional seats that are together, they would have to forego the one the club is holding and buy online.

Is this process run by the knuckleheads who tried to build the T Card system??

gull

Greenpoleffc said:
There is, the club pre purchases tickets for its members and gives them 48 hours to purchase "their" seat.

By far the best and most obvious solution. Maybe next year?

Sonic_beats_Mario

brett said:

It is a toughie.

I am a member with the Swans and in all the finals games ive been to no matter how far im up the line before tickets go on sale i have never sat in my seats that i currently hold during the regular season and of course i want my seats as they are 2nd row right where they run out at the SCG.

But i think this is a standard practise when it comes to finals. Sure i would be happy to have my normal seat for the game but im excited of a different view to watch the game even if its the other side of the stadium.

I think we need to be happy with what we have got and worry about the fact that we may be screwed over by Breeze on Sunday.

Does this mean he will do both matches??

Mini In Bay 6

gull said:
Greenpoleffc said:

By far the best and most obvious solution. Maybe next year?

But then as the response points out you'd be flooded with "I wanna take my girlfriend/mother/goat to the finals and nasty ticket people wont let us sit together?" complaints. Your buggered if you do it one way, and just as buggered the other.

I've got a better idea, how about us Gold and Plat members from Season 1 get corporate boxes (w/ beer wench), and you guys all fight to death for the remaining seats?  We know Bluetounge can be flooded, we could flood it to a depth of 3m and have mock pirate battles like in Rome for the remaining tickets. It'd be sort of the Mariners way of saying thanks (and would do a lot for piracy in the community as well) to those who jumped on at the start.

Atomic

If the club/FFA/Ticketek can sort out the ticketing situation for members then you can send any further complaints directly to me. Basically, I'll tell them to 1. Pull their heads in, 2. Sit somewhere else if they want to entertain a "fair weather fan" for a night.

I do like your idea about the corporate boxes for V1 members and I think your idea about flooding the pitch to a depth of 3m is pretty much a given nowadays ;)

FFC Mariner

Atomic said:
If the club/FFA/Ticketek can sort out the ticketing situation for members then you can send any further complaints directly to me. Basically, I'll tell them to 1. Pull their heads in, 2. Sit somewhere else if they want to entertain a "fair weather fan" for a night.

I do like your idea about the corporate boxes for V1 members and I think your idea about flooding the pitch to a depth of 3m is pretty much a given nowadays ;)

Agreed, the culture is changing, if you are a non member you must expect to be last in the queue. Answer, buy a membership

~Floss~

Mini In Bay 6 said:
But then as the response points out you'd be flooded with "I wanna take my girlfriend/mother/goat to the finals and nasty ticket people wont let us sit together?" complaints. Your buggered if you do it one way, and just as buggered the other.

In other words, the way it is supposed to work for every home game all season?

If members want to sit with non-members, they have the option of forgoing their member's seat and buying tix together in the non-members area.

In other words, the way it is supposed to work for every home game all season.

c-crew

Greenpoleffc said:

If a member wants additional seats that are together, they would have to forego the one the club is holding and buy online.

Is this process run by the knuckleheads who tried to build the T Card system??

Exactly right. Even 24 hours, to secure the seats. I emailed the FFA and actually got a response. Contradicting themselves throughout it, saying that it can't be done because Ticketek to the ticketing, then the very next line saying "during the regular season, we tell ticketek which tickets are not available."

It's a joke and I urge you all to email  info@footballaustralia.com.au    and tell them what you think about the ticketing system.

It's a absolute joke. I mentioned in some other thread that I was in line at Mingara ticketek sat about 8.40, 16th in line. At 10:15 I am getting served, and the 'best available' was near around the 18 yard box on the water side. We paid platinum and chose our seats and have been in them all year, we should have the tickets through the finals season too.

And for the members that went out and bought 4 tickets for each membership in your family. Where were all those people throughout the season? How about dragging them along to each game during the season and not just the finals. I doubt any of them were there in the rain against Wellington.

The 'supporters' shouldn't lose out to 'fans' that jump on the band wagon for the finals series.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred