• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Tickets

Costar

Alright this may very well annoy the hell out of some people.  Others may agree.  Here goes ...

Before becoming members the wife and I spent a lot of time checking the game schedule, $s and whether the kids would continue to be enthusiastic about going.  Fortunately it all clicked into place, we could get to the games, we could afford the $s and the kids look forward to it (in fact they get righteously pissed off when the boys are away and we can't go and see them).

Another carrot was the priority for finals tickets.  So yesterday I began trying to secure our tickets (only needing 4 of them).  The phone number was a bust - an hour wasted.  No go over the net.  A quick rush down to Mingara and 30-40 minutes in line. 

Now this is the bit that annoys me.  Each member can get 4 tickets.  That means that if you have, as we do, 4 memberships then you can get 16 tickets (a guy I was speaking to in line yesterday - lovely fellow - needed 19 tickets.  How often did this happen?)  How on earth does this allow for priority to members.  It is conceivable in the future that valid members could miss out on securing their tickets.  As we have missed out on the seats we have sat in since becoming members.

I'd like to see some form of pre-booking.  If you want to go to the finals, then register your interest so your seats can be secured for you.  But what about those who are taking friends etc?  Then you give up your right to your seats and go into the general pool and you take pot-luck. I know this could be done somehow - although the technicalities elude me.

I ask you, why should members have to give up their seats for people who may have never gone to see a game all season and are possible jumping onto a bandwagon and making use of the old adage 'it's not what you know but who know'?  If they want to show their support they should become members.

Ok that's my rant and rave.   :soapbox: I can't wait till the 10th to see the boys send Newcastle packing; I won't be able to get up to the game at EAS.  Do away goals count as double?

Let the debate begin.  But hey let's be polite  :)

GO GET 'EM BOYS :vhappy:

FFC Mariner

Our family was able to get a max 16 tickets courtesy of 4 memberships.

Thankfully, the online process for both games was as smooth as and the whole thing was v painless.

I agree with you that members should be able to pre book their existing seats (if they have them) and I doubt the technology would be too hard TBH.

If we have 3,500 memberships (as opposed to members) then that is a max of 14,000 pre sales. If the scum have (say) the same, then EAS could easily sell out on day 1  - this rather destroys Cons' argument about an EAS GF too.

As I understand it, there is nothing to stop Mariners fans buying tickets anywhere in EAS and vice versa and there is no limit to away tix.

In other countires, CCM would be allocated a set number for the away leg and members would only be able to buy those. That does indeed mean that people miss out. This always gets a workout at Cup Final time in UK for example.

TBH I have little sympathy for non members missing out because high profile games like this should give priority to those who believe enough in the club to join as a member. This will probably provoke the "but I only go to 2 games a year" argument and that is my whole point. People who sacrifice money and time to go to games ought to be prioritised.

As to $$ reasons for not being a member, thats easily fixed. Memberships go on sale in about 6 months, so divide the cost by 26 and stick that much a week in a piggy bank/online saver.

Rant over too!!

:soapbox:

radar

We had fantastic seats in Bay 6, right by the tunnel on halfway, but now we have to watch the finals from Bay 48.

I'm all for season tickets holders to be able to retain their seats for finals - who can we talk to..?

brett

I agree that members should be able to get their same seats for the finals - and this from a GA dweller.

I bet the problem lies in the fact that clubs run the season games and the FFA runs the finals games. But you should be able to 'book' your seats as soon as it looks like the club will make the four. Our club has been in the four for three weeks.

FFC Mariner

Surely the club could "reserve" members allocated seats from the FFA and then give the member 24hours to take them up on the offer. If unsold, first come first served.

not too hard is it?? dont blame the club, its 100% the FFA.

Costar

I'm not blaming the club.  I'm stoked with what they do for their members (the picnic being a highlight).  I figured that ticketek might be somewhat responsible.

Perhaps if Mariners Club officials look over this board they might take notice of the concern and take it on board for next season when we make it two in a row. :pirashoot: :eek:verhead:

Anyone got any idea if the club might do a supporters trip to Asia.  Sooner we know the sooner we can save the $.

bikinigirl

Greenpoleffc said:
Surely the club could "reserve" members allocated seats from the FFA and then give the member 24hours to take them up on the offer. If unsold, first come first served.

not too hard is it?? dont blame the club, its 100% the FFA.

. agree entirely

. perhaps expressing our concerns to the club might bring about changes for next year (if they pressure the ffa with our grievances

. and with an expected increase in member numbers again next year the problem will only be worse in the future

Sonic_beats_Mario

radar said:
We had fantastic seats in Bay 6, right by the tunnel on halfway, but now we have to watch the finals from Bay 48.

I'm all for season tickets holders to be able to retain their seats for finals - who can we talk to..?

I currently sit in bay 49 for the regular season i its a great view but i got bay 6 seats and am very excited to sit over near where the players run out.

I prefer to watch the game from higher up so you can see everything that is going on and the formations set by either team.

The most annoying part of the process was getting tickets to newie. I needed 5 tickets and i had to log in 2 times to secure the tickets and now have 4 ppl sitting together and 1 person not.

In terms of mariners home game i sent my mum down to ticketek in gossie and i rang her at 9.30 and she was no where near getting tickets and she was #24 in line so i logged on and got bay 6 and got onto ticketek straight away.

Its interesting everyone has different stories from this experience

Sacko

I've got 7 for bay 4 - went down to the ground ticket office around 1pm Monday - would have been a pain to get 7 together if I'd been at work though!

promdi442

I was first in line at Mingara at just after 6 am. I was buying for myself and son inlaw a well as a couple who were overseas. Being first in line I was able to get our normal seats bay 38 for my myself and son in law but the friends who normally sit in front of us their seats had gone and I bought elsewhere for them.

The guy 2nd in line could not get his normal seats.

I agree that members should be given the opprtunity to purchase their normal season seat. They put their money upfront for the season it should not be too much to ask that they be given the opportunity to continue to use those seats during the final series. I know it is now the FFA show but the clubs are part of that show and we the supporters should be heard.

Atomic

promdi442 said:
I agree that members should be given the opprtunity to purchase their normal season seat. They put their money upfront for the season it should not be too much to ask that they be given the opportunity to continue to use those seats during the final series. I know it is now the FFA show but the clubs are part of that show and we the supporters should be heard.

I agree that members should be able to purchase their  own seats and maybe it's something the club can look at for future seasons. But what's done is done and I have my tickets, albeit in a different bay, so I'm happy. The important points to keep in mind is that we got first bight of the cherry when it came to buying tickets and it was our membership money that helped us become 2007/2008 premiers!!!!

mickeverton

Totally agree members should get the chance to secure the seats they have for the season proper. Bring on the finals, we have our tickets.

cruiser

Mariners win the premiership and make the finals.

People get their tickets to see the Mariners play in the finals.

People still find reason to complain.  :redcard:

bikinigirl

cruiser said:
Mariners win the premiership and make the finals.

People get their tickets to see the Mariners play in the finals.

People still find reason to complain.  :redcard:

. people complain because they are being pushed aside by bandwagonners

Costar

I didn't expect to have hit such a nerve.  Glad to know I'm not the only one.

It's not a case of complaining.

More than happy to have people turn up and support the team.  The more people the better on the 'wagon'.

All people want is fairness and to be treated right.

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
we didnt get our season seats (bay 27) either for the home leg, but we got Bay 15...so thats alright..I usually end up in the back of bay 16 anywhoo....but the wife and kids woulda preferred their normal seats

FFC Mariner

"All people want is fairness and to be treated right"

Sadly, the 2 things that tend to go out of the window at Finals time. These arguments are repeated every year in the UK at Cup Final time and I dimly recall similar stories in V1 for us.

A nice easy way to fix it is to provide every member with vouchers that entitle them to redeem them against their specific seat in the finals (max games for any club is 3 at home in the finals or 2 for us because we cant host a GF).

That could easily be handled by the club in the 48 hours before general release and then they just remit the money to the FFA (ok, we would need another system for Con obviously).

Any "unclaimed" members tickets could then be put in the pool for general sale.

Maybe the desperate desire to flog as many tickets as they can, as quickly as they can is more a reflection of the FFA's fear that they may not sell out or have to be seen to "push" tickets. Better to release to the media that tickets have been "snapped up" as it indicates pent up demand.

Remember that we are not talking about moving great piles of pre printed tickets here, this is all electronic and wouldnt be too tough.

brett

Greenpoleffc said:
(max games for any club is 3 at home in the finals or 2 for us because we cant host a GF).

Max home games for any club is 2. Either Major semi and prelim or major semi and GF. Other than that :goodpost:

midfielder

Whant the good news people.

Can you ever image this thread three years ago.

How far have we come to be arguing over sold out local matches.

We got our tickets not what we wanted but what the hell all nine of us got tickets together so were happy.

To the arguement at hand the sell outs have caught FFA napping agian so hopefully next season it will be sorted out.

Were in the champions league  :thumbup: :thumbup: :piralaugh: :piralaugh: :pirashoot: :pirashoot: :pirate: :pirate: ;D ;D ;D :piano: :thumbup:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred