• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

This is the best chant. It can be OUR chant...

Jimmy

taylor said:
That banner day was a success.  ::)

As it's been said before, the idea of a banner day is great, but gettin people to actually show up to a venue (which is incredibly hard to find) is a very difficult thing to do.
In saying that, a banner day is on my list of things to organise, so watch this space.

If your to impatient, go ahead and organise one yourself if you wish.
It cant be that hard to organise a bunch of mates to paint on a few canvases can it?

Bear

northernspirit said:
i understand reasons for anti ffa sentiment i just dont think its appropriate we voice it so publically

Not having a dig, but just wondering what your reasons are for not wanting to voice the fact that the ffa are quite shit?

northernspirit

Bearinator said:
northernspirit said:
i understand reasons for anti ffa sentiment i just dont think its appropriate we voice it so publically

Not having a dig, but just wondering what your reasons are for not wanting to voice the fact that the ffa are quite shit?
i just dont want our club assosiated with something controversial, i know its true but i dont think it needs to be sung o ut by 200+ drunken hools like us but if it happens it happens i dont feel THAT strongly about it

FFC Mariner

I like the idea of the FFA hearing about how shit they are towards fans but do understand others views.

How about f**k the Jets and Sydney FC?

Deej

taylor said:
Deej said:
taylor said:

Provide some dates that your available to help and it will be organised

I live in Ryde...and it's not up to me.

Does it matter where you live? My point is a fair few people like to make suggestions of a banner day but not offer to actually help when the event is organised!

If people can offer their assistance on a particular day it would be very helpful!

fedelta

Deej said:
taylor said:
Deej said:
taylor said:

Does it matter where you live? My point is a fair few people like to make suggestions of a banner day but not offer to actually help when the event is organised!

If people can offer their assistance on a particular day it would be very helpful!

Maybe it does. I'm not going to come up for a banner day, I'm not even a Marinator.
Someone just needs to put their hand up and organise something.

If someone took charge, organised making banners, creating chants, etc, The Marinators would be up there with Melbourne and Sydney.

Jimmy

taylor said:
Deej said:
taylor said:
Deej said:
taylor said:

Maybe it does. I'm not going to come up for a banner day, I'm not even a Marinator.

If someone took charge, organised making banners, creating chants, etc, The Marinators would be up there with Melbourne and Sydney.

Yeah, cause we've got the numbers that they have.
Thanks for all your positive input. :p

Bear

taylor said:

Why the f**k come on here then and bag us out if you have no intension of helping out?

taylor said:

Its not up tp you? Do you need mummy's permission to make a banner do you?

taylor said:

If your not going to put YOUR hand up to help, why dont you at least start helping by keeping your thoughts to yourself?

dibo

Jimmydinho said:
taylor said:
Deej said:
taylor said:
Deej said:
taylor said:

Yeah, cause we've got the numbers that they have.
Thanks for all your positive input. :p

more constructively, we should be aiming at the scum up the road. they've taken big steps, we haven't followed.

there's a target that's attainable.

LFCMariners

taylor said:
Deej said:
taylor said:
Deej said:
taylor said:

That's probably the most frustrating thing, trying to organise people as one for a common good is like trying to build an atomic bomb out of kerosene and an old lemonade bottle.

LFCMariners

The Scum are easy to beat. I remember in Season 1, the final at EAS we outnumbered their fans that clearly I almost felt sorry for that lot (almost). The Squadron was pitiful compared to what we had. However, success for their bandwagon support and the appeal of shirtless, alcohol-fuelled bravado to the Novocastrian's young male community has seen their support swell both physically and visually.

My point being, if we could organise ourselves as one instead of all this undecisiveness, we could be so much bigger than their mob (and louder, because we don't just sing when we're winning or at the start when the teams run out). The whole reason I started this thread is because I am sick of standing in a bay where 10 people are chanting 1 thing, 5 people are chanting another and it's like we're trying to out-do eachother. Do you realise how shoddy it sounds with 3 different chants going on over the top of one another?

We don't need something overtly smart or satirical- save such wit for 'The Chaser'. We just need something simple, that's easily picked up, easily sung and creates ATMOSPHERE. In the heat of a game, nobody cares if you just made up some clever little ditty aimed at the ref in relation to some obscure fact. Sydney and Melbourne can get supporters' armies of their size to sing as one. So can we, no problem. Sorry if this offends anyone but it pisses me off to see such a lack of organisation amongst us all, the Marinators could be, per capita THE best supporters army in the A-League.

Look at Millwall, they wouldn't even have a 1/10th the support of a side like Arsenal, but their fans are known world-wide for being vocal, passionate and tight-knit. If we want to beat the Scum (for starters) visually, lets make all the banners we want, flags as well and a giant flag like the one that we used to roll out across the bay before the start of each game, except even bigger (and with a mean-arsed pirate skull on it). If we want to beat them aurally, let's make sure we sing even when we're drawn or losing (this will REALLY rank us above the Scumdron) and let's stick to simple chants that are easily learned. The best ones are:

-'No one rates us we don't care' (As discusses)
-'Mariners!' (Yelled slowly over and over, like the Liverpool chant)
-'You are a bogan, a smelly bogan'
-That chant where there's heavy banging on the drums, puntuated by clapping in time and then the word 'COAST!' yelled. It seemed like a crap chant to me, but then watching a replay of the Scum final at BT earlier this year, you can hear it clearly on TV, the drum echo sounds really cool and tribal.

Also, when you're singing, raise your arms!  :eek:verhead: Doesn't hurt, and it certainly isn't worse than just standing there like you're in the church choir. The sad thing is, there will probably be people on here who will get up me for everything I've just said, rather than address the points I brought up. But the fact is, until we get better co-ordination across our supporters army, we will continue to live in a world of "what could be". However, getting rid of the emo's in Bay 16 by making it reserved seats is a start in the right direction. Come on guys, we CAN be that good!  :pirashoot: :pirate: :eek:verhead: :thumbup:

Rant over.

nero

Good post.

It would be nice to have a 90min guide for different chants, so if we are a little flat or the football is lacking excitement then we can look on the guide and start signing a chant.

We really need that Large Mariners shirt banner we used in V1 and V2 up at EAS. Hopefully someone who is an 'action man' can get a new huge banner set-up with that marinator fish on it.

These are just some suggestions, hope I can help in setting them up some how.

That centrelink song was good at EAS.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred