• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

This is the best chant. It can be OUR chant...

Bex

@BJ

Thats more like it!!!!! :pirashoot:  Great post. IMO its that sort of attitude that is needed. Enough of the sniping at each other. I'm sure everyone has there own ideas that they think could be better, but what matters is that we're unified in SOMETHING.

Olivia and I will be up at Scumcastle in the away supporters bay and will be proud to wear yellow, fly the flag and join in these chants.

:pirashoot: :pirashoot: :pirashoot:

FFC Mariner

No one rates us we don't care' (As discusses)
-'Mariners!' (Yelled slowly over and over, like the Liverpool chant)

Can I also add "Yellow Army" & the flute song.

4 simple chants that everyone knows and can join in with.

LFCMariners

Yeah, Yellow Army is a great one too. As is 'We all follow a Yellow Football team'. I really hate that I live in Brisbane, I would love to make the pilgramage to EAS with all my brothers and sisters in yellow this Friday night, but alas I shall have to wait for the Roar game.

Remember, to be a great supporters' army, it's not the numbers we have that we need to worry about first- it's what we do with who we have. IMO this is where we have lost our way a little since season 1.

An example I'll give was the Mariners- Roar trial at Perry Park last weekend. In a crowd of 2.5k, there were only about 10 of our fans there, while there were about 50 or 60 of the Roar tifo on the opposite hill, wearing their orange shirts and singing. I thought "Well the Roar have 50 dickheads on that hill over there, we need at least one dickhead for the Mariners." I decided to take it on myself to be THE dickhead. Everytime play came up the end of the field I stood at, I fired up the 'MARINERS!' chant and banged the metal fence in time. First goal we scored, I ran up field, scarf in the air and climbed the scoreboard ladder and started waving my scarf around for the Roar tifo (and the rest of the ground) to see.

Second goal and I did a lap of the field, running with my scarf in the air, chanting "QUEENSLAND- WHAT'S THE SCORE?" I even ran along right in front of their army, and the best the could do was ask me who I was. Sure I was outnumbered about 50-1, but it was better than being 50-0, and they left that game knowing that there was at least one of us prepared to match them in the dickhead stakes. If there were 10 more of me at that game, we could've made as much noise as they did.

Remember people, it's QUALITY, not QUANTITY. And I've seen enough of the former to believe we can have the best supporters' army in the League.

LFCMariners

Truth be told, I have lived in Queensland since the A-League kicked off back in August 2005. So apart from playing the Roar up here, the only time I have seen the Mariners play is when I've been back for uni break in the summertime. But in that time, I have seen plenty of things.

I have seen a carriage full of fans coming home from a game after LOSING 2-0, singing and banging on the train walls as if we had won.

I have seen an entire pub chock full of Mariners fans, spilling out into the street with yellow streamers adorned all over the front of the pub and the trees hanging over the road, with chants going up every couple of minutes and everyone joining in. On the walk to the stadium, I saw no such thing from Scum fans. They had that one big flag at the start of the match and they want to call themselves the best fans in the A-League.

I have seen Mariners fans stay and continue singing after losing the Grand Final, as well as letting the opposition know what we thought of them as they walked past. (I saw you flash that finger Griffiths. There's a reason everyone hates you with the exception of your Scum following, you cheap, diving merkin).  :naughty:

I have seen the Marinators audible even while The Cove are in song, despite being down the opposite end of the field.

These are just a few things I have seen since the League began. And it's enough for me to be simualtaneously pissed off that as an army we've grown stale, but at the same time hopeful that we can match it with the best of them without muddying our criminal records.

JT

like the mariners the fan support marinators have grown. the best is yet to come from our fans and we will be better than the squadron and/or cove

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred