• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

this is bullshit

skilbeck

im going to use visual aids for thomas

NewcastleJetHSS0506.gif
= SCUM

skilbeck

and heres another fact worth bringing up

Out

Stephen Laybutt, Contract Not Renewed
Denni, Contract Not Renewed
Andrew Durante, to Wellington Phoenix
Mark Bridge, to Sydney FC
Paul Kohler, Released
Stuart Musialik, to Sydney FC
Troy Hearfield, to Wellington Pheonix
Scott Tunbridge, Released

dibo

moving on, any advance on the article last week?

also, would anyone else like the idea of doing a *preseason* match (not not not not not a league match) against sydney at NSO or something like that? i reckon that would be a whole lot of fun, but i just wanted to see if it was just me.

skilbeck

dibo said:

also, would anyone else like the idea of doing a *preseason* match (not not not not not a league match) against sydney at NSO or something like that? i reckon that would be a whole lot of fun, but i just wanted to see if it was just me.

i would agree but i dont think a lot of other people on here would

SNOWMARINER

I agree. It has to count as a regional match. Helping the FFA is great as long as it does'nt disadvantage memebers in even the slightest way. Just a little residual attitude from the 'lets make Danny the harshest example in FIFA history' judgement.

tyson

skilbeck said:
and heres another fact worth bringing up

Out

Stephen Laybutt, Contract Not Renewed
Denni, Contract Not Renewed
Andrew Durante, to Wellington Phoenix
Mark Bridge, to Sydney FC
Paul Kohler, Released
Stuart Musialik, to Sydney FC
Troy Hearfield, to Wellington Pheonix
Scott Tunbridge, Released

Steve Eagleton - Budgiewoi

Doesn't say much for Newcastle. A player released from Mariners goes to Jets, while a Jets player goes to a Central Coast Premier League team.

lol.

P

Pete

forzamariners said:
cessnock is the worst place ive ever been to
nobody should want ppl from their to support this club

The only good thing about Cessnock is the old Cemetery  -I have relatives buried there.

P

Pete

dibo said:

Moving on, as you say, why should we be abandoning ANY home game for the sake of some other syndicate's cause? As many home games at Gosford should be the mantra for the Mariners -pre season or HAL season.

The regional games for the  pre season comp. are the ones to promote the game to some region - maybe western Sydney counts?

marinerbhoy

dibo said:

sounds too good to be true!

dibo

Spud said:
dibo said:

Moving on, as you say, why should we be abandoning ANY home game for the sake of some other syndicate's cause? As many home games at Gosford should be the mantra for the Mariners -pre season or HAL season.

i'd be proposing it mostly to increase interest in us south of the hawkesbury but north of the harbour. there are a lot of fans in the northern districts of sydney, and if there were a stadium at hornsby or even epping i'd propose that it be played there instead of so close to the CBD. sadly christie park doesn't really cut it, but you get what i mean?

it's much more lucrative to get a hold on northern sydney than say... orange. and it's a market we can tap *without* needing to move our base - gosford is easier to get to for many north of the m2 than the SFS is. it's the team that will start at homebush in a couple of years that will pose the problem for us in that regard, so getting a head start on the hearts and minds would be good.

P

Pete

dibo said:
Spud said:
dibo said:

i'd be proposing it mostly to increase interest in us south of the hawkesbury but north of the harbour. there are a lot of fans in the northern districts of sydney, and if there were a stadium at hornsby or even epping i'd propose that it be played there instead of so close to the CBD. sadly christie park doesn't really cut it, but you get what i mean?

it's much more lucrative to get a hold on northern sydney than say... orange. and it's a market we can tap *without* needing to move our base - gosford is easier to get to for many north of the m2 than the SFS is. it's the team that will start at homebush in a couple of years that will pose the problem for us in that regard, so getting a head start on the hearts and minds would be good.

The Mariners have to be very careful of promoting the notion of taking patronage out of the Sydney metro area.

Having fans in 'enemy' territory, or 'disputed' territories as Kevrenor likes to pu tit, is one thing, but to stage games in said territory and promoting yourself there, is skating on thin ice legally I think.

Their franchise calls for them to be a regional team, playing a game in any area of Sydney just isn't regional enough, or at arms length so to speak.

Imagine if the tables were turned in the philosophies of the two clubs.

Say Sydney FC had tapped into some community sentiment better in the Sydney metro area and had some marketing research that suggested that the Woy Woy penisula was being neglected by the Mariners. How would we feel if they decided to play a pre season game in the Woy Woy/ Umina region?

No doubt the Club would be up in arms about it.

The fact that Sydney FC hasn't been able to switch on their charm to the Northern Sydney area doesn't give the Mariners or the FFA the right to encroach upon their franchise area and stage games marketing the Mariners, I believe.

Neutral areas, like Orange, Canberra, Bathurst etc. gives a more safer ground for the Mariners to promote their game to.

Ursus

marinerbhoy said:
dibo said:

Bring it on. Mariners return to the true homeland.  ;)  :eek:verhead: :vhappy: :thumbup: :goodpost:

dibo

Ursus said:
marinerbhoy said:
dibo said:

Bring it on. Mariners return to the true homeland.  ;)  :eek:verhead: :vhappy: :thumbup: :goodpost:

steady on, we're still a coastie team, we just haven't recreated the maginot line on the northern shores of the hawkesbury.

S

striker

Ursus said:
marinerbhoy said:
dibo said:

north sydney would be perfect for me! :thumbup:

dibo

striker #9 said:
Ursus said:
marinerbhoy said:
dibo said:

north sydney would be perfect for me! :thumbup:

spirit is dead boys. spirit is dead.

Jesus

Jesus
All home games at bluey.

Can take a pre-season game there, if admission not included in season ticket price.

I cant see huge numbers of mariners families heading down for a match. Especially during the league would just be absurd and risk backlash ala homebush.

Bluey is our fortress!

P

Pete

striker #9 said:
Jesus said:
All home games at bluey.

would you be happy to have the home matches CCM v SFC at NSO?

Quit stirring the pot Striker. A lot of us up here are not happy with the notion of moving ANY home game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred