• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

The Socceroos thread.

turbo

Mooy has been on the decline for a while but has never been that great for the Socceroos and especially under Arnie.

Pure reputation pick.

Irvine is another

Will be all over by tomorrow and hopefully the new coach is told to refresh the squad
Agree. Irvine seems to be doing well in Germany but I dont see it in the green and gold for whatever reason. Arnold is making a lot of safe picks, not safe for our chances or progressing but ones that wont raise a lot of mainstream criticism if they dont work out. Up front it's the same for Maclaren since its easy to say well he's the A league golden boot winner, or that Duke has been playing in Japan. Easy excuses already locked and loaded.

Tevor

I get the feeling we might jag a result against UAE, Peru on the other hand will be more difficult. We were lucky last time when we played Honduras as they were pretty ordinary. I get the feeling we will all be calling for his head for another week. No doubt the officials will be very ordinary, might be that Evans clone from the U23's as he was clearly partial to taking a paper bag of two.

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
Dunno about anybody else …but my replay got to just after half time and changed into a Paw Patrol episode …PARAMOUNT , YOU f**kED UP , TOSSED UP, NEVER COME DOWN USELESS MOTHERf**kERS …the sooner you lose football rights the f**king better

scottmac

Suspended
No actual striker starting.
Been thinking about Arnold and the coaching thing. Obviously he's got to go after this next game win or lose. But Arnold himself isn't a poor manager. I just don't think he can handle pressure. In any situation where he has been exposed to pressure he has always come up short and more often than not just tries not to lose. You can see it in his game plans, and his team selections.
Starting zero strikers in a must win game against a nation we are better than (and we are) is just gutless. He doesn't have the balls.
Give him a job where failure doesn't matter (like the aleague) or failure's impossible (like the first round of qualies) and he's a master. Once there's something riding on it, he just doesn't hold confidence in the way he coaches the team to play. Not sure how many times he didn't play a striker in first round but I'd guess it wasn't many.

pjennings

Been thinking about Arnold and the coaching thing. Obviously he's got to go after this next game win or lose. But Arnold himself isn't a poor manager. I just don't think he can handle pressure. In any situation where he has been exposed to pressure he has always come up short and more often than not just tries not to lose. You can see it in his game plans, and his team selections.
Starting zero strikers in a must win game against a nation we are better than (and we are) is just gutless. He doesn't have the balls.
Give him a job where failure doesn't matter (like the aleague) or failure's impossible (like the first round of qualies) and he's a master. Once there's something riding on it, he just doesn't hold confidence in the way he coaches the team to play. Not sure how many times he didn't play a striker in first round but I'd guess it wasn't many.

First, let me say I have no confidence that we will win against Peru. However, if we do I can't see FA dropping him for the tournament.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred