• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

The Socceroos thread.

booney

Only watched the first 60 minutes or so .Pretty dire play.Davidson,Dougall and Bailey Wright( apart from headed goal) were not up to scratch.From what I saw Rowles was decent but a bit tentative but OK first game

Allreet?

Is there VAR in the UAE / Peru match?

Presuming yes, Mabil's goal wouldn't have stood. Clearly offside.

midfielder

I know its already been said... but given the midfield and outside backs we have we need forwards that come looking for the ball and can create and open space for others.... as well as if on goal shot themselves...

That Cummings has been left out is naïve, he is one of the few forwards that can do that.... Leckie is another...

I fear, Arnold has passed the """Peter Principal""" a while ago...

I don't expect to make the WC.... I doubt we will even play Peru, UAI will beat us...

The challenge ahead is to prepare a squad for the Asian Cup and build from there...

sydmariner

onto it

I know its already been said... but given the midfield and outside backs we have we need forwards that come looking for the ball and can create and open space for others.... as well as if on goal shot themselves...

That Cummings has been left out is naïve, he is one of the few forwards that can do that.... Leckie is another...

I fear, Arnold has passed the """Peter Principal""" a while ago...

I don't expect to make the WC.... I doubt we will even play Peru, UAI will beat us...

The challenge ahead is to prepare a squad for the Asian Cup and build from there...
I think there is a better than even chance. UAE are fickle. The boys can do good things if they rise to the occasion.

Allreet?

UAE have never (I think) been so close to a World Cup before. They will come flying out of the blocks in what is close enough to a home match for them.

Very tough test for us when we didn't pick anywhere near our best side.

Allreet?

They were at Italia 90 but I get your point, and this is why it won’t surprise me to see a very biased referee.
Remember last time we played them? Quarter final of the Asian Cup, their striker rakes (I think) Degenek's achilles as he goes for a pass back - he underhits the pass and another player swoops onto the ball for a 1-on-1. Referee was told by VAR to review it but he allowed the goal.

Appalling decision which ruined our tournament and you can't blame any fan who suspects corruption.

JoyfulPenguin

If Mooy is starting and from all reports he is, then I don't think we will beat the UAE.

He is a great player but should not be in the starting eleven.

Not playing for eight months severely affects any player and he should not be starting under any circumstances.

He also spent a good chunk of those eight months in lockdown in Shanghai, so probably wasn't even training.

I have been relecutant to criticise Graham Arnold but this would be a grave mistake.

Big Al

If Mooy is starting and from all reports he is, then I don't think we will beat the UAE.

He is a great player but should not be in the starting eleven.

Not playing for eight months severely affects any player and he should not be starting under any circumstances.

He also spent a good chunk of those eight months in lockdown in Shanghai, so probably wasn't even training.

I have been relecutant to criticise Graham Arnold but this would be a grave mistake.
Mooy has been on the decline for a while but has never been that great for the Socceroos and especially under Arnie.

Pure reputation pick.

Irvine is another

Will be all over by tomorrow and hopefully the new coach is told to refresh the squad

booney

Massive game tomorrow.Our team will need to play out of their skins and Arnie will need to use his subs wisely and not be too defensive minded tactically.Will have my fingers,toes and gonads crossed hoping for the right result.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred