• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

The Smurfs are in Town aka Round 18 vs SFC

Forum Phoenix

I feel like our fitness has dropped off in about the last 2 months....so often we seem to be conceding in the last 20min or so, and it's usually a goal that's been a long time coming.

I mean, Rowles wasn't the only one at fault here, but that pass is utterly inexcusable.

Just surprising to see how bad we are at late game, after being the fittest team on the park at the start of the season.

I think we definitely still need some recruiting to do in both the back line and the front line.
It’s because the subs are slow. At our best when we were double subs at 60

booney

Excellent game with both sides putting in big efforts and both missing chances.Crowd atmosphere was great as was the attendance of more than ten thousand.

VAR did help us but it would have been unjust if FC had won.The interplay between Nizzy and Simon for the second goal was brilliant.Rowles 'brain fade was a pity as he had played well but a draw was a fair result.

turbo

Great crowd. I forgot what traffic was leaving the car park,
Loved the band doing the rounds and took my 6 year old who thought they were the best part of the night.
Decent effort and a draw a fair result overall. Still felt like Rowles threw away two points though,
Hall didn’t look out of place and Miller covered well too.

Only gripe was our subs not being attacking enough (expected to see Kuol & Bouman together to push Sydney back) and not taking most advantage of our two windows left after hall went off.

Huddo

Tonoghts on staj.
Halls injury.
You don't leave your last sub till extra time if your trying to win.
The lack of shotting prowess.
They had the bastards on a platter and gave em a ticket of leave.

Last edited:

Tevor

Great evening and it’s so good to feel a vide around the ground like the good old days.

Hall did well for a real baptism of fire and they did try and pressure him as well. Nizzy showed again why he should start every game if his fit and not injured. DDS was great but boy he had three good opportunities in the second half and went straight down Redmayne’s throat every time. It’s the only part of his game he needs significant improvement in.

Everyone played well and SFC really struggled at times. I feel Staj didn’t want to upset the team dynamic so he held off the subs and if DDS had hit one of his shots we wouldn’t be so critical. That’s football.

Feel for Kye, he will take that hard I feel and when you play out the back like we did in the second half you invite that kind of pressure. I’m ok with the draw as we could have easily lost the game in the last 10.

Bring on the Roar!!!

Huddo

The upside is we haven’t reached our peak yet, while Sydney FC seem to have plateaued. Gosford was on display tonight, & the fans of Central Coast won.
this is also a problem, 4 months in we haven't had a convincing show (a statement game), we should have ,and the team looks to be strengthening but 1 win in 7 ain't good enough.
I dunno what is happening.
Other issue is Hall is injured, stupidly so. I know that ruons back, but staj punctured the spare tyre because he didn't keep it under 80.

turbo

The upside is we haven’t reached our peak yet, while Sydney FC seem to have plateaued. Gosford was on display tonight, & the fans of Central Coast won.
ALF is rejoining the squad in two weeks, Sydney definitely haven’t plateaued, if anything they are still regrouping from the period before they got Bobo and will get an even better striker soon.

Ozhammer

In essence, one mistake cost the boys two points this evening, although that was possibly Rowles’ first mistake of the season so far. Other than that he was bloody good, as were the rest of the back four.

Sure, we can all be disappointed about not getting the win tonight but let’s just pause for a moment to consider that we have taken 4 points from 6 against the reigning champions this campaign, which would have been unthinkable last season or for a number before that.

For me, that was a far more worthy effort than we saw in Launceston last Saturday and I can personally cop the draw, given that the boys played pretty well.

I think Staj got the starting team right tonight and I kind of understood why he held off making the subs, for fear of disrupting our rhythm. I thought Hall went well enough for his first start (yes there will be some who will blame him for Ninkovic’s goal but that is harsh for mine) and Miller was solid enough after coming on for him. The inclusion of Nizzy and Danny made a real difference to our energy levels and showed that we are still worthy of our table position.

That said, the Methcarthur and $ity draw means a missed opportunity to go back to the top of the league and we can only hope that the Fire Chickens can turn Adelaide over tomorrow despite this being their third game in 8 days.

Wombat

In essence, one mistake cost the boys two points this evening, although that was possibly Rowles’ first mistake of the season so far. Other than that he was bloody good, as were the rest of the back four.

Sure, we can all be disappointed about not getting the win tonight but let’s just pause for a moment to consider that we have taken 4 points from 6 against the reigning champions this campaign, which would have been unthinkable last season or for a number before that.

For me, that was a far more worthy effort than we saw in Launceston last Saturday and I can personally cop the draw, given that the boys played pretty well.

I think Staj got the starting team right tonight and I kind of understood why he held off making the subs, for fear of disrupting our rhythm. I thought Hall went well enough for his first start (yes there will be some who will blame him for Ninkovic’s goal but that is harsh for mine) and Miller was solid enough after coming on for him. The inclusion of Nizzy and Danny made a real difference to our energy levels and showed that we are still worthy of our table position.

That said, the Methcarthur and $ity draw means a missed opportunity to go back to the top of the league and we can only hope that the Fire Chickens can turn Adelaide over tomorrow despite this being their third game in 8 days.
Matty, Urena and DDS butchered decent chances and made a very average keeper look good. Stens was wobbly again. The full backs were mostly good. We missed Ruon alot.
I thought Olli came back into form.
Bling aint mugs so that waht a good show and the crowd was great......its like all is forgiven.

bikinigirl

. i think the Hall substitute buggered us - it took an option away that we needed:
  • it forced Staj to be too careful with his other two sub opportunities
  • he didn't want to make a double sub to avoid upsetting the dynamic (we were so good for most of the first hour we should have been beyond reach)
  • when we desperately needed an energy boost it was already too late (this has happened before) and he was even less inclined to change things
  • he possibly left our DM pairing to protect our CBs mentally rather than physically
. the game finished with Sydney really lifting and us struggling to hang on:
  • neither team could really complain about the result
  • both had their opportunities to win it but didn't
. it looked as though we were trying to help Redmayne improve his confidence

onto it

I really don't think we missed him that much. Hall was solid AF, and Miller was decent when he came on.
I love Ruon but don't think his presence would've made too much difference tonight
I think Ruon would have dealt with the Ninkovic goal. Hall did okay overall but he failed to track and block Ninko with the goal.

Tevor

I think Ruon would have dealt with the Ninkovic goal. Hall did okay overall but he failed to track and block Ninko with the goal.
I think all our defenders where to blame for Ninko’s goal, they were all shocked and why wouldn’t one of the more experienced players be calling out to cover him. Ninko is quality and he scores that goal against any team. Hall did some good blocks and tackles and I thought his distribution was better than Ruon TBH.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred