• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

The Reign of Mike Mulvey

Ozhammer

Spoke to Mr Mulvey after the forum and liked what he had to say. He is looking to embrace the club long term and build something meaningful. He had better offers overseas but his heart is in Australian football, so he gets my tick.

nebakke

Arhhhh f**k... Now I don't know what to think... I promised myself not to get optimistic again so easily, and here I am, all hopeful like a starry-eyed teenager again...
I guess MC can take my cash for one more season, but if it's anything like the dross we've seen for the last four years, it's the last time...

Ozhammer

Arhhhh f**k... Now I don't know what to think... I promised myself not to get optimistic again so easily, and here I am, all hopeful like a starry-eyed teenager again...
I guess MC can take my cash for one more season, but if it's anything like the dross we've seen for the last four years, it's the last time...
We all know that it’ll be a long slog back to the glory days and that MC’s continued policy of underspending will make the journey a difficult one but let’s just be grateful that the Oklic days are behind us and try to be optimistic about the future.

If the HAL does become independently administered and the club grant gets increased to a realistic level, surely MC can have no more excuses not to spend the cap in the future? I for one don’t have an issue with being an underdog club, provided the team are giving it their all and are genuinely in it with us fans.

I spoke to Lord Golec tonight and he is keen to re-sign, so that is hopefully the first of what will be many positives to come.

Ancient Mariner

It's called being a supporter of a football club.

MrCelery

Great appointment.

The mood was grim at the beginning but once they announced Mike Mulvey and then brought him out everyone cheered up a fair bit.

Mulvey was very impressive.

So was Moss, Walmsley and Okon on Day #1, just saying.

Wombat

Moss was NEVER impressive.
Tony......................everyone was just pleased to see the back of Moss..............that and the fact that after he conducted a worldwide search he found he was the best candidate was pretty exciting. Then his debut game he played 2, 4, 4 and we won with the most cavalier Football ever seen in OZ.
The following week it turned to shit and stayed that way.
Okon................everyone was just pleased to see the back of Tony.o_O

Wombat

I'm the same.
Definately renewing and excited to have Mulvey on board but Pikey does need to spend some money or it could be my last season.

Ancient Mariner

I was very impressed talking to Mike M. and others after the meeting. He was quite prepared to talk on with we idiots and answer all our questions, he did not bolt immediately after the formal meeting, same with Shaun.

He is happy to try and build the CCM of old, ie a small club punching above its weight. He wants players who will give their all, and who will have left nothing on the pitch. Players who fans will be happy with even after a loss.

He is going in with his eyes open and is prepared to take on the challenge.

He will live in the community.

No decision yet on an assistant.

He will have first and last say in recruitment but will not be the sole person.

He is happy to have only ten players on contract (13 spaces) and time to recruit.

He will not watch training this week but will attend and introduce himself to the players and let them know he will be watching on Saturday.

Shaun also pointed out that we spent well over the salary floor this year.

Very impressed with the informal chat afterwards.

Scotty

It's great to be talking positively, we must do that. Let's learn from our mistakes, move on and get behind our club.
We've seen the turn around of other clubs in our situation, it can certainly happen. Let's assume it does and MM gets results on the paddock, it's over to the club to get the fans back into the stadium.

Bring on 2018/2019!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred