• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

The official all-purpose trolling bogan scum thread

Wombat

Dont panic people. I know 2 people that have it on the Coast (test results received today) and neither of them felt sick. It is spreading like wildfire but the symptoms are so mild.

My daughter, ex hubby and Grand daughter all tested today so we will see were this is going.

The key thing is wear a mask and keep your distance!

scottmac

Suspended
Dont panic people. I know 2 people that have it on the Coast (test results received today) and neither of them felt sick. It is spreading like wildfire but the symptoms are so mild.

My daughter, ex hubby and Grand daughter all tested today so we will see were this is going.

The key thing is wear a mask and keep your distance!
My niece and 3 of her friends have the latest variant and are extremely sick so your assumption isn't completely on the mark. It depends who you are as to your symptoms.

The third line I think we can all agree on.

Ironbark

Essentially, if 5x less people go to hospital, but 20x more people get it, then it's 4x more dangerous

Or another way of looking at it-
let's say 10 per 1000 die from delta
but
only 2 per 1000 die from omicron

In a situation with restrictions
if there's 1000 cases per day of delta we have 10 deaths

but without restrictions, we could soon be looking at 10,000 cases per day of omicron, there are 20 deaths

Less severe but if it is more abundant it amounts to the same, or worse, outcomes

Last edited:

dibo

My niece and 3 of her friends have the latest variant and are extremely sick so your assumption isn't completely on the mark. It depends who you are as to your symptoms.

The third line I think we can all agree on.
These posts are a good example of an important fact for everyone to bear in mind - the plural of 'anecdote' is not 'data'. There will be lots of 'typical' and 'atypical' cases, especially as the total number of cases rises.

That means that assuming that the best and worse cases reside at the tails of a bell curve with a fat middle of people who get 'a bit sick' doesn't discount the probability that if lots and lots of people are in the bell curve, there will also be lots of people who barely get sick, lots of people who are catastrophic, and a metric shit-tonne of people who are 'a bit sick'.

But yeah, agree with Wombles - wear your mask and keep your distance.

turbo

Do you need a test if you are a casual contact?
The premier has said today even if you are advised to or get pinged by the app / sms only get the PCR test if showing symptoms. Testing under too much stress already and it’s not getting better in a hurry,

pjennings

The premier has said today even if you are advised to or get pinged by the app / sms only get the PCR test if showing symptoms. Testing under too much stress already and it’s not getting better in a hurry,
My daughter is a nurse - and while a casual contact needed to have a test (HCW) - no symptoms. Her flatmate has symptoms so if she has it then my daughter will be a close contact.

midfielder

BTW - if there's a mod around, there's a bunch of posts that should go into a COVID thread.

Maybe titled 'COVID-19 - yes it's *still* f**king here'
Maybe..

But Cov is sickening virus that has ruined many lives... perhaps its apt that its being discussed on a Jerks forum....

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Ok, so back on topic - funny how it's only a couple of clubs whose fans seem to keep pulling the same shit, isn't it?

Apparently it was racial abuse as well. Again.

On that note - Jesus Christ, am I the only one on here who thinks 'original style melbourne' are the biggest joke in the league?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami