• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

The official all-purpose trolling bogan scum thread

Corsair

At this point my opinion is you should take personal responsibility and decide if you are safe to be in a crowd or not. I wear a mask at the stadium other than sitting down in my seat, yes I'm the freak in a mask when i don't have to be, in the beer queue. And I'm already boosted.

My childhood friend in London has now had covid 3 times. He was gutted this last time as he tested positive the day before his booster. Told me that symptoms way less severe 2nd and 3rd times he got it which are after he got double vax.

People should know the risks by now and make their own decision whether to go... and they are. No need to close doors etc. Let people choose.

Rising Sun

At this point my opinion is you should take personal responsibility and decide if you are safe to be in a crowd or not. I wear a mask at the stadium other than sitting down in my seat, yes I'm the freak in a mask when i don't have to be, in the beer queue. And I'm already boosted.

My childhood friend in London has now had covid 3 times. He was gutted this last time as he tested positive the day before his booster. Told me that symptoms way less severe 2nd and 3rd times he got it which are after he got double vax.

People should know the risks by now and make their own decision whether to go... and they are. No need to close doors etc. Let people choose.
I am not an expert and I am just taking a simplistic view. But there were 40 people in ICU in NSW yesterday. The number of new daily cases is on a massive upward trajectory and has gone up more than ten fold in the last 3 weeks.
Now I don't know if the current trajectory is an anomaly, but if it isn't and we continue on the same trajectory then we are going to need 400 ICU beds - which is 50% of NSW total ICU capacity. And we would probably need to tell doctors and nurses to come in to work even if they were positive, to man those beds.

So I hear what you are saying but I would prefer some strong but acceptable restrictions now - mandatory masks everywhere, vaccinated only rules, capacity limit etc - so that I can keep some freedoms - like being able to go to the match. Otherwise we are heading for full lockdown when we get to breaking point

pjennings

I think the point is people say personal responsibility. With no QR codes, no contract tracing, density limits. mandatory masks indoors including on public transport there is no way that a person can identify who was close to them for a period of time. - that is a public health responsibility.

People can make there own choices. For instance I am happy to go to the stadium (outdoors and not crowded) but equally I'm not going to spend hours Christmas shopping in a large crowded shopping centre where thousands are unmasked.

sydmariner

Scummers Boxing day match against the drive by, to be behind closed doors.
both clubs agreed to it.

dibo

Some of these things are gonna go behind closed doors. Look at Europe - they're talking about lockdowns again. I'll take limited capacity or even closed door games over lockdowns. But given Premier Ayn Rand is opposed to even asking people to mask up, I guess we're just going to have full hospitals.

Ironbark

I get needing to live with the virus, but we could easily have reduced restrictions slowly and monitored the results, tweaking where necessary. By this I mean masks indoors and QR codes ongoing. Little more than a minor inconvenience that could end up making a big difference and saving lives.

I'm in full agreeance with the idea that I'd prefer to take some minor inconveniences over more lockdowns if the hospitals look like being overwhelmed

FFC Mariner

Some of these things are gonna go behind closed doors. Look at Europe - they're talking about lockdowns again. I'll take limited capacity or even closed door games over lockdowns. But given Premier Ayn Rand is opposed to even asking people to mask up, I guess we're just going to have full hospitals.
Unlikely given the benign nature of the latest variant. The countries struggling have terrible vax rates (looks at Boris).
I like theGerman health ministers statement. By the end of the European winter everyone will either have had it, be vaxxinated or dead.
Choose wisely

Wombat

One of my staff's daughter (in Sydney) just caught the media's darling Omicron. 3 days later, she is as right as rain. So it would appear to be a very severe dose of flu. One of my ex staff caught the real covid and she was smashed for 2 to 3 weeks.

Personally, I dont want to take on either but I'm still going to the Football.....but a mask and social distancing does sound sensible.

pjennings

One of my staff's daughter (in Sydney) just caught the media's darling Omicron. 3 days later, she is as right as rain. So it would appear to be a very severe dose of flu. One of my ex staff caught the real covid and she was smashed for 2 to 3 weeks.

Personally, I dont want to take on either but I'm still going to the Football.....but a mask and social distancing does sound sensible.
I hope you are right. My daughter and her flatmate were advised they are casual contacts (less than 4 hours apparently) of someone today. Hopefully a negative test will be received before Xmas.

Pirate Pete

Do you need a test if you are a casual contact?
I got a get tested & isolate message from NSW Health last week as a casual contact.

Then later in the week got two messages saying may have been in contact with an infected person and to monitor for symptoms.

I tested negative three times on the PCR tests and once on rapid antigen.

Pirate Pete

I hope you are right. My daughter and her flatmate were advised they are casual contacts (less than 4 hours apparently) of someone today. Hopefully a negative test will be received before Xmas.
My casual contact was from Coles. I was in there for 14 minutes.

FFC Mariner

I love that one "if you feel sick, get medical treatment"

Thanks for telling me

Absolute nanny State. No wonder Scummo wants us all to step up and be responsible for our own actions. :)

Tevor

Thanks for telling me

Absolute nanny State. No wonder Scummo wants us all to step up and be responsible for our own actions. :)
Yes it’s scary how many want to be told what to do and how to be responsible.

pjennings

Thanks for telling me

I think the problem is more that people resent the government talking to them like children and telling them to take responsibility while being the gold standard in avoiding their responsibilities

Morrison said the Doherty '200,000 people per day' modeling wasn’t right because it was based on the assumption that the government did nothing to manage Omicron… and then announced the Govt would be doing nothing to manage Omicron.

Ironbark

Yes it’s scary how many want to be told what to do and how to be responsible.
If you ever work with a group of any more than about 10 people there'll always be 1 who can't/won't understand or follow the simplest, clearest instructions. It's mind boggling. Scale that up to 26million people and boy oh boy are there some serious numbers of dumbshts who can't do *common sense* on their own

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami