• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

The Harry Kewell Circus

MrCelery

At least that's the strong rumour coming from within the Tinkler camp.

Apparently Kewell is also setting up a business with recently retired Michael Bridges.

The history of Scum rumours is littered with falsehoods, but most since Tinkler took over seem to eventuate.

T

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, Harry has been one of my Favorite Aussie players for as long as I have followed football!! For him to play for the Jests would not be a good thing :( :redcard:

scottmac

Suspended
Kewell will be 35 by the time this eventuates and heading to a league that is more physical than not. My prediction is he will see less A-League game time than my blind dog. Wouldn't even be surprised if he joins them injured.

He will put many bums on seats though and would welcome his signature at the Mariners for that reason alone

Ok so now I've said that, what does he plan to do for the next year? Seems a bit strange to be planning your team for 18 months down the track when you don't know what your doing or where you're going now.

pjennings

surely they cant fit culina and kewell? only one can be the australian marquee.

The international marquee can also be Australian.

Bridges and Tinkler add a little credibility to the rumour - but apart from that it seems a strange move.

style_cafe

Harry Kewell is a class act & a top class person.

Although I would be saddened by him playing for the Jet`s, I think the A-League would really benefit by him coming home.

I could just imagine Culina`s face when he heard the news...lmao

On top of that it would fantastic to have him commentating on games in the future. (Stand aside Fossie)

T

There was talk awhile ago of Harry being involved with the Western Sydney bid. He grew up in that area....

But then there was also talk that he was shopping for a house on the Northern Beaches and his wife was hitting up Home & Away for a job.

Forum Phoenix

Harry to the jest? Please.

If he comes it will be to be with GA surely??

Melbourne or Sydney. Can't see him going anywhere else.

Atomic

Unofficial confirmation that H. Kewell has put pen to paper with Victory. Source is on the MV forum from a poster that was correct about their major sponsor for next season. Grain of salt etc.

Atomic

No confirmation as yet

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/news/1060313/Victory's-play-for-Kewell

MV CEO is basically saying they dont have as much upfront cash as the scum but there are far more incentives to play in Melbourne, i.e. % of gate takings, memberships, media profile. The question is whether HK can be arsed playing for an incentive deal at this stage in his career. Maybe so, and good luck to him, it should see a good return on their money as far as MV are concerned. It may all just be a bit of media profiling raising to boost Victory membership sales.

The sceptic in me would suggest that if he wants to come to the HAL, then he'd want to ensure that he is in a no lose situation, hence take the Jets offer, rumoured to be 2mill / season. Not a bad gig if you can get it.

pjennings

My take is that if Harry comes to the HAL it will be to Adelaide of the Mariners. They seem to be the only ones not rumoured to be signing him and are also the two clubs that don't seem to negotiate thru the press.

Atomic

My take is that if Harry comes to the HAL it will be to Adelaide of the Mariners. They seem to be the only ones not rumoured to be signing him and are also the two clubs that don't seem to negotiate thru the press.

Adelaide it is then ;)

adz

Staff member
I like that reasoning. Mariners have even said it's not us... so it must be us! ;)

Atomic

Here's one from left field, SFC are in with a show...

http://www.foxsports.com.au/football/a-league/sydney-fc-lead-way-in-kewell-running/story-e6frf4gl-1226073406395

dibo

HK has told press he's in Portugal, but was seen in Sydney yesterday. There's happenings afoot.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred