• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

The end is nigh - impending doom - Moss out etc thread

the end is nigh and Moss is to blame

• yes

Votes: 35 57.4%
  • no

Votes: 20 32.8%
  • fence

Votes: 6 9.8%

• Total voters

nebakke

Moss laid the turd.

We were half decent until he got control.

I have to admit Wombat, your selective memory never ceases to amaze me.
To be frank, we were shit, under Arnie, at the beginning of last season.. Moss managed to somehow turn that around... Not a complete 180 but a good 120-odd degrees. When Arnie left we looked like we'd struggle to make finals, we ended up third, because of goal diff.
We HAVE looked pretty bad this season, but there's more to it than simply Mossy...

Last edited:

pjennings

I am not after a re-cycled HAL manager. If they are any good they have a gig. Even some that are not any good have a gig.

This needs to be a proper new start. The whole club needs a revamp. The youth team assistant coach Rui Tome has also left the club.

Of the players on contract passed the end of this season I would be looking at trying to release Nash and Sim. Nash is apparently a good keeper coach so maybe he can be used in a role travelling around to the various academies. Sim simply is not HAL material - but a contract is a contract and if we can't find someone to take him off our hands any payout goes towards our cap.

We need a manager to excite the fans.
We need a keeper that is not only a shot stopper but can also distribute to put pressure on Reddy.
We need to rebuild our defence around Poscoliero.
We need a consistent creative force.
We need a prolific striker
We need better second string players.
We need to play a better style.
We need to look after our members and community better
We need to look after corporates better
We need to attract more corporates.
We need major investment in the club

If this is not done then today was a waste of time and a knee-jerk reaction. The Mariners has traditionally been about the long haul and stability of the football side of the club. If this is us joining the rest of the HAL clubs in this way I will be very disappointed ( I suspect I will be).

If today is our nadir and we can use this to reset and grow then today at least will have a point.

Forum Phoenix

Agree with Magpie, Roy and PJ.

I'd wondered at the recruitment and how PM's hands may be tied, so tried to give him the benefit of the doubt, but at the end of the day we're 8th, out of the ACL, and you just can't explain far too many of his decisions. His lack of consistency of selections must have been pretty unsettling for the dressing room and clearly impacted our development and rhythm .

Ironically, the sacking does come just as we actually started to show some signs of improvement. But form the clubs perspective, clearly too little too late and mixed in with more stupid things like the vanishing of Major and Hutchgate.

Will someone else do significantly better with the squad we have? We have some good players and youngster potential, but IMO we still badly need to strengthen our spine and it is not coaching alone where we have issues - but lets hope it's a step in the right direction. The recruitment during Moss's era for whatever reason has been our worst.

Last edited:

Wombat

I have to admit Wombat, your selective memory never ceases to amaze me.
To be frank, we were shit, under Arnie, at the beginning of last season.. Moss managed to somehow turn that around... Not a complete 180 but a good 120-odd degrees. When Arnie left we looked like we'd struggle to make finals, we ended up third, because of goal diff.
We HAVE looked pretty bad this season, but there's more to it than simply Mossy...

You memory must fail you as well as I wrote quite a few scathing reviews of our dire performances under Arnie in that season.
Bernie was the only thing that saved our season not Mossy....but although we got humilated twice under Moss we did ok and he got a B-.

We lost Bernie and WeeJudas and that hurt us a lot. The rest was down to Moss.

nebakke

You memory must fail you as well as I wrote quite a few scathing reviews of our dire performances under Arnie in that season.
Bernie was the only thing that saved our season not Mossy....but although we got humilated twice under Moss we did ok and he got a B-.

We lost Bernie and WeeJudas and that hurt us a lot. The rest was down to Moss.

Mate, make up your mind... You posted:

We were half decent until he got control.

You can't have it both ways, either we sucked under Arnie or we didn't.

mariner72

I think Mossy was just Arnies kit man and tried to emulate him when he left. Should have been his own man. Fascinated to see Walmsleys line up and system later today, I just hope they go for the jugular and create some excitement regardless of result.

nearlyyellow

Worth a look - http://smh.com.au/sport/soccer/cent...r-sacked-coach-phil-moss-20150306-13wrh5.html

I hope the changes make L.Rose and Kalik reconsider

From the article:

" .. the development approach of several younger players – particularly the training loads – has been also been a concern. Highly regarded teenage pair Anthony Kalik and Liam Rose are said to be contemplating a request to be released. .. "

What does this mean? Too much training? Too little training? :confused:

adz

Staff member
From the article:

" .. the development approach of several younger players – particularly the training loads – has been also been a concern. Highly regarded teenage pair Anthony Kalik and Liam Rose are said to be contemplating a request to be released. .. "

What does this mean? Too much training? Too little training? :confused:

Or they don't appreciate the training methods? Or they see what the first team is doing and are not looking forward to being part of it?
Could come up with guesses all day... I guess ;)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred