• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

The end is nigh - impending doom - Moss out etc thread

the end is nigh and Moss is to blame

• yes

Votes: 35 57.4%
  • no

Votes: 20 32.8%
  • fence

Votes: 6 9.8%

• Total voters

nearlyyellow

recruitment
We obviously don't, and may not in the foreseeable future, know what has happened behind closed doors which led to our poor season thus far. And I'm betting that Moss will not open up too much about anything, if at all. After all, he will be hoping for a job somewhere in football, and he won't want to damage his image by poor mouthing his past employer too much. imho.

Gratis

Mike Mulvey spotted on Central Coast looking at Real Estate, according to Foxsports.
errr, not convinced. he did well with an exceptional and finely tuned squad but once he lost berisha the results fell away. admittedly it was his second season in charge that he swept all before him.

nebakke

Yeah, supposedly he's signed in Thailand. Either way, if we have to do this, and it seems we do, I'd much prefer someone new... Walmsley would potentially do...

dibo

The cheering and self-congratulation from some 'supporters' on social media is nearly enough to make me spew.

At no point has singing "Moss out" or posting snarky tweets hashtagged with #MossOut done a f**king thing to help the club in any way.

'Supporters' have instead been doing their best to convince anyone who would listen that the team's not worth watching and that the club's going backwards. Maybe they think that's what 'real' supporters do in 'proper' football clubs, but I think it's shit. The atmosphere in the active 'support' has been toxic at best, and I for one have withdrawn from it. I'm not sure I'll bother going back if this lot continue to pat themselves on the back as if they've done something good rather than what they have done - piss on the club and its people for months on end.

Roy Law

I am not sorry that he has gone although some may not like the timing. In a nutshell he simply wasn’t good enough. Many a number two has failed when promoted to number one and he joins the list.
Having served under Arnie I would have expected he would at least have had the defensive structure right, but he didn’t. The way he psychologically conceded to Arnie in the first two games against SFC showed a man who hadn’t the mental strength to make the grade. His post match interviews showed a man out of touch with reality. Bizarre decisions like putting Duke out on the wing after scoring two goals when played up front didn’t help; dropping Cernak after his best game for the club was unfathomable.
I am not aware that I have conducted a campaign for him to go but this season I have consistently thought he should. I don’t dislike the bloke in anyway; I wish him well for the future but Ernie Merrick has shown that you can polish a turd if you have the skills. Sadly Moss hasn’t.

MagpieMariner

OK, it's happened, he's gone, no point in continuing on about it. Maybe we can close this thread now?
Let's all now get fully behind the new staff for the rest of the season.
I'm sure Mossy did the best he could, hope he's able to continue his career successfully somewhere else.

Capt. Awesome

The cheering and self-congratulation from some 'supporters' on social media is nearly enough to make me spew.

At no point has singing "Moss out" or posting snarky tweets hashtagged with #MossOut done a f**king thing to help the club in any way.

'Supporters' have instead been doing their best to convince anyone who would listen that the team's not worth watching and that the club's going backwards. Maybe they think that's what 'real' supporters do in 'proper' football clubs, but I think it's shit. The atmosphere in the active 'support' has been toxic at best, and I for one have withdrawn from it. I'm not sure I'll bother going back if this lot continue to pat themselves on the back as if they've done something good rather than what they have done - piss on the club and its people for months on end.

Totally agree. To hear some of them boasting on Twitter after the Jets game that they were yelling abuse directly at Moss when he came to thank the the away fans is a utter disgrace. The guy is human after all and not some sort of free for all punching bag. His performance as head coach may not have been great but he deserves our respect even just for the Arnie years as assistant.

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
Storrie was on the fox pre game tonight for 30 secs saying the interview process will include England and Australia for a permanent replacement at CCM

nebakke

Storrie was on the fox pre game tonight for 30 secs saying the interview process will include England and Australia for a permanent replacement at CCM

Let's hope they're more honest about that than Adelaide... Would hate for another "WORLDWIDE SEARCH(tm)" only to end up with someone like Farina...

rbakersmith

There's a longer interview on TWG:
http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/video/409018435652/Whats-the-Storrie-with-Moss

He mentioned that after discussing the captain/coach role with Hutch he applied to do his A-licence, which he'll do in the (northern?) summer; furthermore Walmsley won't end up in the head coach role permanently.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred