• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

The COVID Chat

Holy

I would like to share the following:

4 weeks ago tomorrow, my sister in law tested positive. We believe she picked it up from her work. She had been having tests every 3 days as she lives in one of the hotspot LGA’s. She tested negative on a Thursday, had her first jab the following day, and from her 3 day test on the Sunday tested positive.

The vaccine not long enough to be in her system to offer any protection. She has no underlying health issues.

She passed it onto her husband, who had also had his 1st jab, but 3 weeks prior. He has a whole series of health issues, and had been in ICU some 18months prior not expected to live with his body shutting down. But by some miracle he survived but with ongoing respiratory issues. When he contracted COVID-19 we were all worried it would kill him.

Thankfully, he came out the other side, with the 1st jab being in his system long enough to offer enough protection to enable him to beat it.

My sister in law not so. She was taken by ambulance 3 weeks ago today where she is currently in ICU on life support in a medically induced coma. She is not improving, and we have been told to expect the worst. Doctors haven’t given up just yet, so we pray that by some miracle she can fight it and slowly improve.

I write this not looking for any sympathy but for 2 reasons:

1. if you are procrastinating about getting the vaccine, don’t. Book in asap. Please don’t put it off for your family sake. We cannot go and see my sister in law and the best we can do is see her via a zoom call for about 1/2 hour each night. It heartbreaking as you just want to be there by her side.
2. The medical staff are an amazing bunch of people. The doctors are trying everything they can, whilst the ICU nurses are truly angels. Likewise the ambo paramedics who came to her aid. This week if you are out buying a coffee, pay for an extra one and tell the cafe owner to give it to a ambo, nurse or doctor when they come in. A small gesture but we can’t thank these people enough.

My message, please please please go and get vaccinated. Encourage all your family and friends to do the same. You do not want to go through what we as a family currently are.

FFC Mariner

4 weeks ago tomorrow, my sister in law tested positive. We believe she picked it up from her work. She had been having tests every 3 days as she lives in one of the hotspot LGA’s. She tested negative on a Thursday, had her first jab the following day, and from her 3 day test on the Sunday tested positive.

The vaccine not long enough to be in her system to offer any protection. She has no underlying health issues.

She passed it onto her husband, who had also had his 1st jab, but 3 weeks prior. He has a whole series of health issues, and had been in ICU some 18months prior not expected to live with his body shutting down. But by some miracle he survived but with ongoing respiratory issues. When he contracted COVID-19 we were all worried it would kill him.

Thankfully, he came out the other side, with the 1st jab being in his system long enough to offer enough protection to enable him to beat it.

My sister in law not so. She was taken by ambulance 3 weeks ago today where she is currently in ICU on life support in a medically induced coma. She is not improving, and we have been told to expect the worst. Doctors haven’t given up just yet, so we pray that by some miracle she can fight it and slowly improve.

1. if you are procrastinating about getting the vaccine, don’t. Book in asap. Please don’t put it off for your family sake. We cannot go and see my sister in law and the best we can do is see her via a zoom call for about 1/2 hour each night. It heartbreaking as you just want to be there by her side.
2. The medical staff are an amazing bunch of people. The doctors are trying everything they can, whilst the ICU nurses are truly angels. Likewise the ambo paramedics who came to her aid. This week if you are out buying a coffee, pay for an extra one and tell the cafe owner to give it to a ambo, nurse or doctor when they come in. A small jester but we can’t thank these people enough.

My message, please please please go and get vaccinated. Encourage all your family and friends to do the same. You do not want to go through what we as a family currently are.
That's horrible. I hope things work out and she recovers.

I'm double jabbed now and glad of it

marinermick

2. The medical staff are an amazing bunch of people. The doctors are trying everything they can, whilst the ICU nurses are truly angels. Likewise the ambo paramedics who came to her aid. This week if you are out buying a coffee, pay for an extra one and tell the cafe owner to give it to a ambo, nurse or doctor when they come in. A small jester but we can’t thank these people enough.

Thank you for sharing in this difficult time. All our thoughts and best wishes to your sister-in-law to pull through.

Pirate Pete

Thanks for taking time to post during what must be a harrowing time for you & your family.
Best wishes to your family.

I don't very often use facebook, but I noticed today that you can get jabbed on the coast tomorrow.
https://www.facebook.com/centralcoasthealth/

REMINDER | Rapid AstraZeneca vaccination clinics will be held at Gosford and Wyong Hospitals this Sunday to get as many Coasties as possible vaccinated.
Everyone aged 18 years or older is welcome, with hospitality workers particularly encouraged to attend.
No appointment is necessary, you can attend whenever you like during the opening hours:
?
Gosford Hospital - every Sunday from 7am to 3pm
Location: J1 - Enter Gosford Hospital via the main entrance and follow the signs.
?
Wyong Hospital – every Sunday from 7am to 3pm and every Monday and Tuesday from 6am to 11.30am
Location: Outpatient Clinics – enter Wyong Hospital via the main entrance and follow the signs.
Please bring a mobile phone and clinic staff will assist you to register prior to your vaccination. Please also bring your ID and Medicare Card.
❗
Anyone awaiting COVID test results, experiencing COVID symptoms or who has visited a COVID hotspot must not attend the vaccination clinics
❗

If you can’t make it to a walk-in clinic you can visit the COVID-19 Vaccine Eligibility Checker at https://covid-vaccine.healthdirect.gov.au/eligibility to search for an appointment on the Central Coast.

yellowcake

There's now a lot more Pfizer coming into the system as well as more sites which will be giving it. Hopefully that'll break the back of the stupid wait times. The first shipment of Moderna has arrived too. AZ remains pretty easy to get and does it's job just fine, i.e. massively reducing the risks of severe illness (and probably has the least side effects).

Holy, that's devastating. My thoughts and prayers are with your SIL and family.

Pirate Pete

Got my fifteen year old in with Pfizer today at my GP Clinic. They sent a text yesterday saying they had a limited supply. Really happy because I had him booked in Sydney.
Got my 17 year old booked in for Wednesday. That was the earliest we could get at the time.
Then there seemed to be some other earlier options open up. Homebush etc.
But he / we decided as he wasn't at school he might as well wait a week and stay with the original appointment.

Corsair

Fairfax reporting...

NBL star the first domino to fall as Aussie sport reckons with athlete vax hesitancy

Tai Webster has been released from his New Zealand Breakers contract by mutual consent because of his unwillingness to be vaccinated in the first such example in Australian sport.
"Webster’s older brother and fellow former Breakers star Corey faced a backlash last month after incorrectly claiming the Pfizer vaccine kills nearly as many people as the virus."

samster

Mitchell Duke has been very vocal on twitter about his dislike for the vaccine being mandatory/forced onto people. It's a shame really, although he did comment that he is about to receive his second dose. I'm hoping we don't see too many A-league players choosing to leave the league just because of the vaccine.

Insertnamehere

Mitchell Duke has been very vocal on twitter about his dislike for the vaccine being mandatory/forced onto people. It's a shame really, although he did comment that he is about to receive his second dose. I'm hoping we don't see too many A-league players choosing to leave the league just because of the vaccine.
I can sort of understand the mandate hesitancy. But we don't have any other choice unless pro-covid people want to sign a non public treatment waiver. Ultimately do we wanna get back to normal or not?

samster

I can sort of understand the mandate hesitancy. But we don't have any other choice unless pro-covid people want to sign a non public treatment waiver. Ultimately do we wanna get back to normal or not?
Yeah the league doesn't really have a choice about making it mandatory, airlines and other states won't allow the unvaccinated to travel to away games

Omni

For those who have struggled to get shots a common tactic here in the states when supply was still low was to call around and ask to be put on the waste limitation list. They’d call you to replace a no show at the end of the day so they didn’t have to throw it out. Might work there too

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred