• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

That was shite!

Andy

thomas477 said:
I notice something, with pondeljak off, most off your attack went to kwasnik to cross it in.

Wow, aren't you just a f*cking great football analyser.

You should ring up FoxSports or SBS, you'd be sure to get a job there.

poetryintheblood

Andy I call it as I see it, and when my little girl is abused I have my say, I paid my 85 bucks like everyone else, why shouldn't I be able to enjoy the day out? I'm no analyzer, just telling it how it was yesterday, you have to be a real pig to pick on a child, that's what I'm saying, let alone a 62 year old lady.

Andy

poetryintheblood said:
Andy I call it as I see it, and when my little girl is abused I have my say, I paid my 85 bucks like everyone else, why shouldn't I be able to enjoy the day out? I'm no analyzer, just telling it how it was yesterday, you have to be a real pig to pick on a child, that's what I'm saying, let alone a 62 year old lady.

I was talking about Thomas477.

SNOWMARINER

I do not understand at all why Owens was out there instead of Gumps. I really don't know WTF is going on at the Mariners that has Gumps on the sideline because when he does come on over the season he has performed well and put in a few handy crosses that have made a difference. To think Owens that has'nt got the game fitness necessary to have maximum effect is really a poor judgement call from McKinna IMHO.

Saying that I do have the greatest repect for McKinna and all he's done for the club.

Next season hoping we buy a good fast back, Heff and Nik are with us and we get the double that we were ripped off by the referee's poor eyesight.

Costar

Not sure where to post this but it seems to fit here.

Don't think we can put too much blame on Lawrie.  If the team hadn't been prepared then yeah sure give it to him.  But they'd had 2 weeks and all the media reports suggested they were up for it.

We all have our own opinions about the team line up.  But ultimately he's the gaffa, they're the paid professionals there to do the job.  If the team falls on its ar*e the players have to put their hands up and take the blame.  That is unless the manager is not doing anything (I don't think anyone would suggest Lawrie isn't do that).

For my 10 cents worth ... I would have played Gumps instead of Owen.  Not sure how many games Greg has played/started this year but I believe that Andre has more recent playing experience.  Going into a big game I would have been using his experience and looking to replace him in the 2nd half if necessary.

Kwasnik?  He's either good or terrible.  But you can never predict what he'll do.  I'd have brought him off at halftime.  I think Lawrie was right to not play Tommy from the get go.  The risk with the knee was too great.

I've read others having a go at Ceccers.  He struggled - Song played much better than the last time we saw him.  I think with Gumps on he would have been better.

Ultimately team selection is guesswork.  And this time Lawrie went heads instead of tails.

If not for a few things not going our way things would be a lot different.

Lay off Lawrie, he's done us proud.  Isn't hindsight a wonderful thing.

jaypee

I can understand why he played Greg but the issue is Greg had been out injured.
Before he was injured he was one of our best.

Gumps worth is that of an impact player not starting. Look at the games he started this year - his overall impact was low. But when he came of the bench BANG...

The big issue was really missing Tommy. He needed to start and again whilst I understand him coming of the bench it would have been much better for us if he started, lasted 30-50 mins and was subbed by Gumps..

skilbeck

what wouldve been the missed time consequence if Tommy had aggroed that injury. if it was low, I dont know what Lawrie would be saving him for so Tommy should have started

jaypee

skilbeck said:
what wouldve been the missed time consequence if Tommy had aggroed that injury. if it was low, I dont know what Lawrie would be saving him for so Tommy should have started

Agree - if he's fit enough for the bench he's fit enough to start. Either that or you don't play him at all....

bjw

bjw
What was Vidmar trying to do?
Why with 5 minutes left were we playing around with the ball in defence?

WHY ARENT THERE ANY GOOD REFS IN AUSTRALIA??
How hard is it too see a handball in a god damn f**king box??
I FU.CKING HATE HOLLAND AND THE FU.CING JETS.

I just needed to get it off my chest

Nik Mrdjas Disco Bikkie

We all love Lawrie, but to me not putting your best 11 on the field in a grand final is inexcusable. It's time to stop playing favourites and start playing the best available 11.

thomas477

Andy said:
thomas477 said:
I notice something, with pondeljak off, most off your attack went to kwasnik to cross it in.

Wow, aren't you just a f*cking great football analyser.

You should ring up FoxSports or SBS, you'd be sure to get a job there.

I'd be bettter than craig forster :p

SPARKY

Wrong formation, Defence too slow, we needed to shut down bok choy and keep him out of the game. We needed more width to get around their defence and get the crosses in. This is what Gumps does so well. Now I have had my whinge, I agree with Aden that Lawrie is King. Miinor Premiers & Asia - SENSATIONAL.

Jimmy

brennan said:
What was Vidmar trying to do?
Why with 5 minutes left were we playing around with the ball in defence?

WHY ARENT THERE ANY GOOD REFS IN AUSTRALIA??
How hard is it too see a handball in a god damn f**king box??
I FU.CKING HATE HOLLAND AND THE FU.CING JETS.

I just needed to get it off my chest

Ditto, couldnt be bothered writing it all again.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred