• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Sydney FC - The Face of 'Corporate Stability'

bathurstmariner

From 442:

http://au.fourfourtwo.com/news/71714,ceo-perry-quits-sydney-fc.aspx

CEO Perry Quits Sydney FC

Mar 10 2008 12:07

EXCLUSIVE: Sydney FC chief executive George Perry quit the club this morning in a surprise move after less than 18 months in the job.
The shock resignation has been accepted by the club in the latest merry-go-round in management posts at Sydney.

Since Sydney FC began just over three years ago, it has had three chairmen, four managers and two chief executives.

Perry joined Sydney late in 2006 after he took over from Tim Parker who was appointed by original chairman Walter Bugno.

Andrew Kemeny's arrival as chairman appeared to bring a period of stability to the club after he sacked Branko Culina and brought in John Kosmina as manager.

But Perry's decision to walk will now bring another new face to the management structure.

Kemeny has been increasingly hands-on in the running of the club. It was the chairman who sat alongside new signings John Aloisi, Simon Colosimo and Mark Bridge last week, while Perry watched from the side.

Kemeny was also instrumental in bringing in Kosmina to replace Culina who had been drafted in under Perry.

The club this morning confirmed Perry's resignation but said it was too soon to discuss any possible replacements.

Perry was not replying to phone calls today, but he told friends: "After an incredible experience as Chief Executive at Sydney FC, I have tendered my resignation to the Chairman today.

"With the end of the season now here, an incredible season that it was, I feel it is now the right time to leave."

dibo

How *did* i know that title was going to be sarcastic  :p

:piralaugh:

they really need some kickarse revolving doors on that joint.

marinersman

That "club" just continues to amaze me. The lack of instability is astounding.

They should be the biggest club in Australia, averaging 30,000 a home game and virtually winning everything every year with their population base and local talent to draw upon.

Instead, they underachieve on and off the field. The style of play is a disgrace and their crowds are pathetic.It's just one f**k up after another.

As much as I hate the club and a good portion of their supporters, I wish for a strong, successful SFC. The way they are now, in many ways they are holding back the HAL. For us to have a genuinely successful league we need a strong SFC to be hugely successful.

They are just a rabble, pretending to be a club.

Us, the tards and scum make them look like the embarassment they are.

Mariner Girl

All these are a few of my favourite things...Oh sorry, got carried away for a moment..

Thats the reason .... uhu uhu.. I LEFT them.. uhu uhu... 
and came to you beauties ...uhu uhu  :grouphug: :grouphug:

Mini In Bay 6

I wonder how Sydney would go at ANZ stadium instead of Moore Park for Crowds.  Sure ANZ always looks empty, but it's easier to get to for many people, easier to get out of, has brilliant public transport and would give access to the western sydney market without compromising the east too much.

I really think the SFS is half the problem.  The other is a shit team.  Fix both and you'd have another Melbourne on your hands.

S

soccersensei

Mariner Girl said:
All these are a few of my favourite things...Oh sorry, got carried away for a moment..

You go marinergirl -friend ;D

"An incredible experience" could mean many things... But you don't usually resign because of a positive "incredible experience" Sounds like dark doings and mutterings to me...

FFC Mariner

According to someone I chatted to on Saturday who has had v close connections with Lowy FC, Uncle Frank is something of a meddler (and thats being nice).

They need someone to buy him out and he will stop white anting his staff

dibo

Mini In Bay 6 said:
I wonder how Sydney would go at ANZ stadium instead of Moore Park for Crowds.  Sure ANZ always looks empty, but it's easier to get to for many people, easier to get out of, has brilliant public transport and would give access to the western sydney market without compromising the east too much.

I really think the SFS is half the problem.  The other is a shit team.  Fix both and you'd have another Melbourne on your hands.

mention this on SFCU and you'll have a month long flame war on your hands.

all the same, i think for the reasons you mentioned above plus a few others they'd comfortably draw 20k there on a regular basis, and financially it would be significantly better for them because ANZ has no summer tenant and already have form for waving wads at prospective tenants.

FFA would never allow it though for a fairly simple reason - it'd start to eat into the fanbase of the yet to be born western sydney team (which i think would be an absolute behemoth if they work the details out well).

loyalist

Mariner Girl said:

lol so when something like this happens at the coast your going to leave us aswell ??

kevrenor

forzamariners said:
Mariner Girl said:

lol so when something like this happens at the coast your going to leave us aswell ??

I don't think we could stuff it up quite enough to match Sydney's valiant efforts!

Mariner Girl

forzamariners said:
Mariner Girl said:

What the f*ck do I have to do to prove where my heart is and ALWAY will be!!!!!!!!

loyalist

Mariner Girl said:
forzamariners said:
Mariner Girl said:

What the f*ck do I have to do to prove where my heart is and ALWAY will be!!!!!!!!
lol

S

soccersensei

forzamariners said:
Mariner Girl said:
forzamariners said:
Mariner Girl said:

lol
Right...
You have to travel to scumville,
slay Van Egemond, set fire to the vile con the con,
castrate joel Griffiths, (oh, sorry... not possible without balls...)
ermmm... fill a cup with his blood...and... ermmmm.....

Oh shit, I'm over it, your all yellow already!!!  :p

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred