• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Sydney FC Away 22nd Jan

ashman89

Anyone else have issues getting tickets to the game? Just went on and had 3seats done and went to checkout then it crashed and lost them. Now trying to get back on and can’t get any ?

sydmariner

Anyone else have issues getting tickets to the game? Just went on and had 3seats done and went to checkout then it crashed and lost them. Now trying to get back on and can’t get any ?
I got mine the other day but it now says that you need to enter a password or barcode to get tickets.

Forum Phoenix

I like Lewis a lot but wasn’t overly surprised with this one.
He didn’t play great when he came on. But it’s hard to come on as a fullback for the last 25 or so.
Staj must be sure Nigro will last the full match this time.
This is very true. Great point, Totally different kettle of fish coming on as a young defender as opposed to a young striker. Looked like he’d been tasked to try and get up field and get past players. Or that may all be on him and is why he’s been dropped.

Also hard for young players to back up after their break through season. Pressure is difficult, and he lost his spot. Probably wanting to prove hi self too much.

But no denying it was a poor performance.

turbo

This is very true. Great point, Totally different kettle of fish coming on as a young defender as opposed to a young striker. Looked like he’d been tasked to try and get up field and get past players. Or that may all be on him and is why he’s been dropped.
We saw our midfield run their arses off for well over an hour, I don’t think it’s unreasonable to expect a sub to put in 100% for 20ish minutes. You just have to make that run back not wait for the bloke playing a full game to do it.

Forum Phoenix

We saw our midfield run their arses off for well over an hour, I don’t think it’s unreasonable to expect a sub to put in 100% for 20ish minutes. You just have to make that run back not wait for the bloke playing a full game to do it.
Yeah I’m not arguing it is reasonable. Though I don’t know whether it’s a concentration vs effort/attitude issue.

shipwreck

Hall or Hatch maybe? I think more than anything it's a statement from Staj, I feel bad for him but Miller had a shocker, that image where he tried to beat a player, fell on his ass and then the WSW player jogged off with the ball while he watched helplessly is burned into my brain ??

Forum Phoenix

Though NIgro looks like he can handle 90 fine I think.

Some things I would like to see.

I wouldn't mind Casella's pace on earlier. We lacked width and speed in attack last game. If we're going to play 442 and with two flat banks not a narrow diamond with wingbacks bombing on, then we need our mids to be stretching defences in those wide areas and getting in behind more. Though Grant is the best fullback in the league. So maybe our right wing is where we need to focus on. DDS in form against him will be interesting to watch.

Speaking of attacking down our right. Nigro failed to release Nizzy through a few times that I saw. And a couple other times did but was slow. Nizzy was consistently making good runs and finding himself space all game. They need to see him and reward his work quickly. When they have, most of the time it's paid dividends.

We can't take three or more passes to switch play. Sydney will defend that easily and we'll end up playing in our own half with little possession again. We also need to be more aware of when the ball can be played into the centre and have confidence to do it. Not back as often. We're much better and a lot more dangerous when we manage to do this imo. And I saw plenty of times the ball was on, but was wither missed or they were simply not confident and knocked it back.

Wombat

I haven't seen him play since I watched him destroy Weston. But he had pace to burn and mongrel. So been hoping he would emerge soon.
I think you had yellow tinted classes against Weston. I didnt see an HAL standard player then and he was less assured against Tasmania.

I love his sizzle but he is was very rough last time i looked and i'm not a fan just yet.

Forum Phoenix

I think you had yellow tinted classes against Weston. I didnt see an HAL standard player then and he was less assured against Tasmania.

I love his sizzle but he is was very rough last time i looked and i'm not a fan just yet.
Yeah Possibly, but I had no idea who he was pre that game and he really stood out. But Ive always wondered how much of it was about the level of Westerm. And obviously everyone can have a blinder that belies their usual game level. Because I agree against Tassy he didn’t look special,

I haven’t seen him since though, 20 now, if he’s going to break through, he needs to do it soon.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami