• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Sydney Away - RETRO ROUND - Feb 4

Tevor

That's who I got the info from, Monty himself but I agree, we never really get decisions go our way
I like we are because the decision seems to go directly against the rules, the commentators mentioned after Grant’s red that his biggest problem was he didn’t make a play at the ball. The rule is if you play at the ball then it’s not a red. Kaltak clearly played at the ball even if he missed. So Lara Lee in the VAR does not know the rules or Abraham just over ruled her. It’s so poor Abraham didn’t even go and take a look at the challenge. Wish we could hear the conversations but we know it will never happen as that’s how they hide the clear bias.

pjennings

I like we are because the decision seems to go directly against the rules, the commentators mentioned after Grant’s red that his biggest problem was he didn’t make a play at the ball. The rule is if you play at the ball then it’s not a red. Kaltak clearly played at the ball even if he missed. So Lara Lee in the VAR does not know the rules or Abraham just over ruled her. It’s so poor Abraham didn’t even go and take a look at the challenge. Wish we could hear the conversations but we know it will never happen as that’s how they hide the clear bias.
I don't even think it is conclusive who touched the ball first.

turbo

The rule is if you play at the ball then it’s not a red.
That’s for a foul inside the box. They removed the red + penalty punishment for genuine football challenges. Unless im having a major brain fade the contact and resulting free kick was outside the box so that doesn’t apply for Kaltak.

For me whether Kaltak gets the ball is massive and we still don’t know which way that went or if the officials had a clear view of it. Looking at the relative position of the players (the two involved and others), ball, etc even the DOGSO call is questionable.

marinermick

That’s for a foul inside the box. They removed the red + penalty punishment for genuine football challenges. Unless im having a major brain fade the contact and resulting free kick was outside the box so that doesn’t apply for Kaltak.

For me whether Kaltak gets the ball is massive and we still don’t know which way that went or if the officials had a clear view of it. Looking at the relative position of the players (the two involved and others), ball, etc even the DOGSO call is questionable.

Correct on all counts. The playing of the ball applies to inside the box. The denying an obvious goal scoring opportunity applies to outside the box. Both penalties were dubious.

Tevor

Correct on all counts. The playing of the ball applies to inside the box. The denying an obvious goal scoring opportunity applies to outside the box. Both penalties were dubious.
It looked liked it should have been a Pen and yellow but Abraham and VAR decided a straight red. If Burgess in fact did kick it he would not have recovered the ball so why DOGSO? It’s just rubbish and a massive pay back for Grant being sent.

Ads

Anybody got word when Farrell might be back?

All other refs and things aside with the amount of ball Aquilina got in second half I reckon if Farrell fit and plays we draw or win based on a single hard and quicker cross or a fullback take on.

Hello Sailor

Anybody got word when Farrell might be back?

All other refs and things aside with the amount of ball Aquilina got in second half I reckon if Farrell fit and plays we draw or win based on a single hard and quicker cross or a fullback take on.
Aquilina was gassed, and needed subbing. There were a few times when he couldn't chase a pass up the line.

style_cafe

We had a fantastic day yesterday
Photo courtesy of PIRATE PETE cheers mate...
We had a fantastic day at the new stadium,it`s quite impressive.
The facilities inside were great,the atmosphere was sensational and the Mariner`s supporters were plentiful and in fine voice.
A special thankyou to the driver of the Party Bus.
Unfortunately dad was wheelchair bound for this game and in trying to get from the disabled parking into the stadium (which is an absolute nightmare ) his wheelchair was damaged.
We managed to get inside and tried to do some running repairs when the driver from the Party Bus came over and offered to take the wheelchair down to the bus and fix it for him.
What a Bloody Legend!!!! Our sincere thanks.
Another case of Coasties helping Coasties.... :popcorn:

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

It looked liked it should have been a Pen and yellow but Abraham and VAR decided a straight red. If Burgess in fact did kick it he would not have recovered the ball so why DOGSO? It’s just rubbish and a massive pay back for Grant being sent.
He would have retrieved the ball a few yards inside the corner. His touch wasn't that heavy. It only went out because nobody was chasing it.

It's unclear to us if the contact was in or out - AR would have had a better view and was in position, and he signalled that it was out.

I like we are because the decision seems to go directly against the rules, the commentators mentioned after Grant’s red that his biggest problem was he didn’t make a play at the ball. The rule is if you play at the ball then it’s not a red.
That only applies for a PK. Doesn't apply outside the Penalty Area. It's to compensate for the fact that a PK is a high chance at a goal anyway, so was seen as a double jeopardy (they initially referred to it as triple jeopardy, with the suspension.

Josho Howe

Was great to be back doing a proper Sydney away. KB was packed with our fans pre-game, the Foveaux St. walk up that hill was a killer but tradition has to be kept. First time at the new stadium and was pretty impressed with it ngl. Our support was absolutely tremendous. Just a shame it didn't translate onto the pitch in the 2nd half.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami