• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Start of Pre-season Training

RADINHO

marinersfan2410 said:
Andy said:
FourFourTwo have posted a few pictures of the new boys, MacAllister and Elrich training with us today for the 1st time:

imgresizer.aspx

imgresizer.aspx

imgresizer.aspx

imgresizer.aspx

imgresizer.aspx

imgresizer.aspx

they must have either cahnged the numbers around, or dropped mcandrew cause mcandrew was #4 last season. anyone got a reason

No it obviously shows we don't have a Barcelona budget where they can afford to throw their kit  to the crowd let alone the mariners cant even get the numbers right so i guess with the training they can't afford to get things right lol.

pjennings

McAndrew is pretty young as is Redmayne. Maybe these two will drop to the Youth League and we will sign a couple of 20 year olds that are a bit closer to being ready. Playing each week would be better for Ian and Andrew at this stage than being permanently on the bench. 

skilbeck

they could play for the youth squad without being included as overage anyway. One of them would probably be captain IMO

Ursus

Good to see Dylan do well with the beep test. I still think condition was his big problem at Spirit.

Kareem

Andy said:
adz said:
did you check his undies too?

Well Elrich has White skins. What a tosser. ;)
hmmm...interesting with white skins...Hazem El Masri wears skins for religious reasons (as do I but no1 has heard of me :p)- i wonder whether Elrich does as well for same reasons?
I personally wear black (training and refereeing) and blue (playing coz ourimbah is blue) skins

skilbeck

I presume it would be for religious reasons. But is it pretty common and standardised for muslims to wear skins in sport or is it one of those things that is followed by some and not others?

Kareem

skilbeck said:
I presume it would be for religious reasons. But is it pretty common and standardised for muslims to wear skins in sport or is it one of those things that is followed by some and not others?
For interest read this paragraph- for summary see end of my post!
followed by some and not others...its an ambigous area as it not as publicised as what women have to cover. All scholars agree men have to cover naval to knees to everyone except wife (but medical reasons is ok...)
I was talking to an educated muslim and he said shorts to your knees are ok (eve if they flap)- but it is very hard finding them that long so thats why I wear skins.
In Australia skins are worn by Utai and El Masri (2 biggest muslims in NRL) and who knows maybe A.Elrich will wear em this season like Kwassie does (anyone knwo why he wears skins?)
Tarek doesnt wear them

Basically short shorts need skins (hence why muslim NRL players do wear them)(football shorts are longer than NRL shorts) (we are meant to cover naval to knee)

Ted

Mariners website still have Dylan as player -1 and Ian as player 4.  Elrich in 14 and toted number 21??

Confusing to say the least... Surely than can adjust the website to correspond?

Don

YEH MATTS DR IS PLEASED WITH HIS KNEE,PLUS MATT HAS BEEN DOING E :vhappy:XTRA WORK TO IMPROVE HIS KNEE

skilbeck

MarinaTed said:
Mariners website still have Dylan as player -1 and Ian as player 4.  Elrich in 14 and toted number 21??

Confusing to say the least... Surely than can adjust the website to correspond?

I think that Elrich is number 21 as that was jersey that was given to him when he signed, McAndrew will remain as number 4 and Macallister will probably take number 10 or 11 when Browns contract expires. Caceres will probably then take number 14 and Simon may take 10 or 11 which are considered to be more traditionally attacking than 2. This would leave the last 2 people to sign for us numbers 2 and 6.

Bear

skilbeck said:
McAndrew will remain as number 4

McAndrew is not under contract for the coming season. So provided he gets offered another contract with the 1st team then yes he would keep 4, but if he drops to youth he will probably lose it

Deej

Bearinator said:
skilbeck said:

McAndrew is not under contract for the coming season. So provided he gets offered another contract with the 1st team then yes he would keep 4, but if he drops to youth he will probably lose it

Given the lack of chances he was given and even when on the bench never used obviously shows that Lawrie feels he's not ready for first team action........regular game time in the youth league may be the best option for him.

Andy

Kareem said:
skilbeck said:
followed by some and not others...its an ambigous area as it not as publicised as what women have to cover. All scholars agree men have to cover naval to knees to everyone except wife (but medical reasons is ok...)
I was talking to an educated muslim and he said shorts to your knees are ok (eve if they flap)- but it is very hard finding them that long so thats why I wear skins.
In Australia skins are worn by Utai and El Masri (2 biggest muslims in NRL) and who knows maybe A.Elrich will wear em this season like Kwassie does (anyone knwo why he wears skins?)
Tarek doesnt wear them

Basically short shorts need skins (hence why muslim NRL players do wear them)(football shorts are longer than NRL shorts) (we are meant to cover naval to knee)

Probaby for the performance enhancement.

Is there a perticular reason they wear white?

skilbeck

MarinaTed said:
Bearinator said:
skilbeck said:

but if he drops to youth he will probably lose it

I'd say this is the most likely outcome. He'd have more game time in the youth squad.

would this mean we are likely to sign 2 people into the senior squad to replace himself and Redmayne moving into the junior squad?

Kareem

Andy said:
Kareem said:
skilbeck said:
Tarek doesnt wear them

Probaby for the performance enhancement.

Is there a perticular reason they wear white?
i dunno why he would wear white...he should travel down to rebel sports get XXL bike shorts- Track'n'field brand (i got navy blue XL for myself)
it even looks weird
mayb he doesnt own a pair of blue...He used to have yellow

Ted

skilbeck said:
MarinaTed said:
Bearinator said:
skilbeck said:

but if he drops to youth he will probably lose it

I'd say this is the most likely outcome. He'd have more game time in the youth squad.

would this mean we are likely to sign 2 people into the senior squad to replace himself and Redmayne moving into the junior squad?

Yes, i think that maybe even more than 2 with some players coming off contract very soon....

swarey

Sorry everyone, but I just can't help myself.....

These shots were taken at training Wed, 30/4

Boogs.jpg

Bradley.jpg

HeffMaja.jpg

Sash.jpg

Tarek.jpg

YellowSox.jpg

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts