• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Stadiums thread

dibo

indeedy.

actually, some of the old grounds are just super, but there are a bunch of great new ones too.

basically, german football grounds - how do i love thee? let me count the ways...

duisburg, hoffenheim, aachen, dresden, augsburg...

Arabmariner

Most German grounds were modernised for the better.....a lot of the old ones were soulless concrete bowls like the old Dresden one pictured above where the crowd was miles from the action and had no or very little cover.

Not so in the UK imo where heaps of great stadiums (and some shit ones) were vandalised and turned into soulless concrete holes.

Paolo

Development Application lodged with Council this week for Tottenhams new 56 000 seater stadium, entertainment precint, hotel, residential unit block and shopping centre.

Internal_view_of_the_stadium.jpg

NDP_-_night_aeriel_view.jpg

A_cut_through_of_the_new_stadium.jpg

dibo

when did they add a kop to the plans? it used to be a three and a bit tier bowl all the way around (i.e. just like emirates except a little bit smaller... :p).

Paolo

dibo said:
when did they add a kop to the plans? it used to be a three and a bit tier bowl all the way around (i.e. just like emirates except a little bit smaller... :p).
Only very recently, all along they have been designing the stadium with atmosphere in mind and after consultation with the communtiy and other design experts they agreed on a 63 row single tier for increased atmosphere.

p.s the size is a sour point for alot....not just for the fact most wanted bigger then ashburton, but that 56k these days isnt exactly big taking into account that man u plan to make OT twice as big us our new stadium and all before ours is even finished

happy

I went to Estadio Santiage Bernabeu in Madrid today. absolutely fantastic.
will post some pictures when I am back home...

hasbeen

Apparently Chelsea are looking at selling naming rights to Stamford Bridge. The Chief Exec insist the names Stamford and Bridge will not be dropped. Suggestions so far include ..
'The Stamford Financial Bridge'ing Loans Stadium' and 'Pampers Stamford Bridge' ..

dibo

hasbeen said:
Apparently Chelsea are looking at selling naming rights to Stamford Bridge. The Chief Exec insist the names Stamford and Bridge will not be dropped. Suggestions so far include ..
'The Stamford Financial Bridge'ing Loans Stadium' and 'Pampers Stamford Bridge' ..

the BNP are wondering whether to apply to name either this or elland rd 'no darkies park'.

serious14

dibo said:
hasbeen said:

the BNP are wondering whether to apply to name either this or elland rd 'no darkies park'.

Or to rename Burnley's to "Turf Moor of them out". ;)

FFC Mariner

Its a new religion not backed by reliable science. The Earth hasnt actually warmed for 10 years (check it out)

Spain went down Rudds road and ended up with 17% unemployment and they found that for every green job they created, I think 4 others were destroyed.

Rudd wants to tax us and distribute the $$ to the 3rd world - the treaty also signs away part of our sovereignty as well.

If I was a carbon polluter, I would relocate to the 3rd world and take my jobs with me.

This is absolute social and economic lunacy

Sean

If we were to win the WC bid, and if we were to build new stadiums (flatpack or not) this is the exact environmental initiative we should take.

Here's London's Olympic Stadium, which is the ultimate flatpack. Plans are for it to be disassembled after the end of the olympics and re-used for future events (world cups or olympics) as the world needs to take environmentally regenerative way of life. No more Beijing Birds Nest's with its wasted energy into a massive aluminium white elephant- the London flatpack is melting down guns and bullets confiscated by the British police into the steel framework of the stadium.

http://www.inhabitat.com/2010/01/20/confiscated-weapons-used-to-build-londons-olympic-stadium/

Rendering-of-London-Olympic-Stadium-3.jpg

Rendering-of-London-Olympic-Stadium-2.jpg

Rendering-of-London-Olympic-Stadium-1.jpg

Herbs

Love the trasparent room, hope it becomes a standard for the future.

However the 150m gap on one or both ends is a little far isnt it ?

dibo

Generally an athletics stadium's field is about 195m long. football fields are 105m long, so there's 90m length additional to the length of the pitch. therefore people sitting in the front row at the end are sitting about 45m from the goal line.

dibo

45m is way too far. I'm of the opinion that the 15m or so at most Aussie grounds is more than ideal and that it should be 10m or less.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred