• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Socceroos vs. Indonesia

FFC Mariner

Standard Verbleak rubbish.

You are playing a pub side so you put 1 up front (who is 2x the height of the CB's and is pwnd by them all night)

Oar is a star

Culina just hogged the ball, wasted his shots - hate the twat more every time I see him play

midfielder

Over reaction guys ... tho some good came out of tonight tho... Oar and Wilkshire had brilliant games... Mullo not half bad either...

bulldogmariner

Got the win so that is all that matters. However the Indonesian GK couldn't catch a cold. Should have won 3-0 but take the win and Asian Cup.

Forum Phoenix

Happy with the win. But fell asleep after half time...
Can you really blame me?

What I did see of the second half was a marked improvement... but with a massive 72% possession against a very ordinary Indo team - we still created diddly and looked poor.

I think Oar was the only one to take on a man let alone beat one.

Culina as #10 please. No killer ball, bugger all creativity at all in fairness and can't/won't take anyone on.

And who can possibly be excited by hoof to kennedy.

Still...

Glad we are through.

Atomic

I didn't watch the game. I had a lovely evening with the Missus at the Mariners movie night. I recorded the game but I dont think I could be arsed watching it TBH.

I got to shake hands with Lawrie after the flick and thank him personally for his efforts over the last 5 years. To me, that far out-weighed staying at home and watching our B/C team play the hundred and thirtieth-odd ranked team.

I asked him about our alleged new signing. He said something very interesting that may come out in the fullness of time. No point repeating it here because he could not confirm if his statement was factual (if that makes sense).

serious14

Right, couple of things.....

i). Pim, I don't mind you at all.  You don't take shit from the media and you know what your plan is.  What worries me is your seeming lack of a Plan B.  Kennedy is fine and all, but we need something different when he's marked out of the game by Mertersacker, Vidic, and the like.

ii). Culina has gone downhill fast since coming back to the A-League.  Disturbing lack of tactical discipline and headless chook syndrome.  I know Miron sets him loose to do whatever he wants at GCU, but we can't have that going on for the Roos.  Know your place!!!!

iii). Ratboy - _Quality_ player.

iv). Tommy Oar - fuck yeah!!!  Bolter for the World Cup squad please.

v). We're going to the Asian Cup - might not sound as exciting as "we're going to the World Cup", but who gives a shit??  It's another 3 games (minimum) in a tournament situation, we'll hopefully come up against either Iran or Japan..... and _hopefully_ we don't make the mistake of underestimating it again because it's "just Asian opposition".

Btw, the 16 qualified nations are:

Qatar
Iraq
Saudi Arabia
South Korea
India (Challenge Cup Winners)
North Korea (Challenge Cup Winners)
Japan
Bahrain
Australia
Kuwait
United Arab Emirates
Uzbekistan
Syria
China
Iran
Jordan

I also have a sneaking suspicion that we won't be seeded for the draw (taking into account our performance last time round, and not-so-crash-hot qualifying record this time).

marinermick

any other day jesus would have scored a hattrick of headers

was certainly off in that department tonight

Jerem

marinermick said:

still that cant be our only option, especially against the likes of germany.
from memory having cahill up with jesus seemd to work well

marinermick

Jerome said:
marinermick said:

still that cant be our only option, especially against the likes of germany.
from memory having cahill up with jesus seemd to work well

was a tactic against indonesia and would have payed dividends if jesus was on his game

will certainly be different when we get our gun midfield back and put culina back to the DM role where he should be

typool

Scott jameison played great, he played alot of good balls through to Oar..

he is the type of player that could replace Heff for us
*big fan*

J

jiggles

I would of been a bit pissed off if I paid to see that game...

curious

I expected a little better from Indonesia. On that performance alone, they would be dominated by most if not all Aleague squads. In all honesty, I couldn't see a player that could displace anyone in the starting lineups of most aleague clubs. The overall standard was very low and physicality was non existent. Not a good indicator for how our blokes can/will perform against better opposition when it's not such a stroll in the park .

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred