• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Socceroos vs. Indonesia

dibo

RADINHO said:
Kennedy was unconvincing, but Oar made a great debut and hate to say it but Culina wasn't bad.

Culina was rubbish. He had a couple of good shots, but he passed to the opposition a number of times, simply mishit passes over the sideline a few times and was in and out of the game constantly.

He's got to be able to be there for 90 minutes and be mistake free, or he's going to get punished in South Africa.

Blair

Atomic said:
I asked him about our alleged new signing. He said something very interesting that may come out in the fullness of time. No point repeating it here because he could not confirm if his statement was factual (if that makes sense).
don't be that guy we all wanna no. Hope oar keeps improving in a different comp I don't wanna play him hahahah I think he is triallin in holland soon.

Jazzie

Sheer joy at beating the scum :)
curious said:
I expected a little better from Indonesia. On that performance alone, they would be dominated by most if not all Aleague squads. In all honesty, I couldn't see a player that could displace anyone in the starting lineups of most aleague clubs. The overall standard was very low and physicality was non existent. Not a good indicator for how our blokes can/will perform against better opposition when it's not such a stroll in the park .

Will any of the european based players be called up, like last time ... or will it be mostly local content?

serious14

Jazzie said:
curious said:
I expected a little better from Indonesia. On that performance alone, they would be dominated by most if not all Aleague squads. In all honesty, I couldn't see a player that could displace anyone in the starting lineups of most aleague clubs. The overall standard was very low and physicality was non existent. Not a good indicator for how our blokes can/will perform against better opposition when it's not such a stroll in the park .

Will any of the european based players be called up, like last time ... or will it be mostly local content?

That's an interesting question actually, 'cause it's being played from January 7 - January 29.  Now obviously it's FIFA endorsed, so I think the clubs would _have_ to release the players (as per the Africa Cup of Nations), and it's not that far from Europe (flight to Doha would be about 7 hours from Manchester).

scottmac

Suspended
dibo said:
RADINHO said:
Kennedy was unconvincing, but Oar made a great debut and hate to say it but Culina wasn't bad.

Culina was rubbish. He had a couple of good shots, but he passed to the opposition a number of times, simply mishit passes over the sideline a few times and was in and out of the game constantly.

He's got to be able to be there for 90 minutes and be mistake free, or he's going to get punished in South Africa.

agree totally. I thought he actually hindered our play alot. He would get the ball and instead of moving it on quickly, he would sit on it and slow the play down when we wanted speed. We were never going to loose so speed of play should have been paramount.

Would have been interesting to see Oar play in that spot with Culina on one of the wings, at least he would have put foot to ball and take on the opposition.

marinermick

scottmac said:
dibo said:
RADINHO said:

agree totally. I thought he actually hindered our play alot. He would get the ball and instead of moving it on quickly, he would sit on it and slow the play down when we wanted speed. We were never going to loose so speed of play should have been paramount.

Would have been interesting to see Oar play in that spot with Culina on one of the wings, at least he would have put foot to ball and take on the opposition.

very true - speed had to be paramount

noticed that indonesia were playing a true christmas tree formation 4-3-2-1

curious

serious14 said:
Jazzie said:
curious said:

That's an interesting question actually, 'cause it's being played from January 7 - January 29.  Now obviously it's FIFA endorsed, so I think the clubs would _have_ to release the players (as per the Africa Cup of Nations), and it's not that far from Europe (flight to Doha would be about 7 hours from Manchester).
The fox mob made comment last night re that problem. Can't remember the details but they mentioned we would be likely using most of the same squad because of the timing of the finals. Don't know how correct it is.

FFC Mariner

So Pim plays 1 dimensional "hoof it to the big guy" football and no one has a problem?

We have seen this genius play the same tactic with MacDonald up front (with similar results too) - Our WC opponents know exactly what they are up against and I hold grave fears for us in S Africa.

Cullina should be taken round the back of Suncorp and done over to stop him ever occupying the coveted No10 role in the national shirt. Arrogant,greedy and selfish little wanker. I hate to say this but Thompson would have been a better option and Culina could go back to DM.

2 strikers would have destroyed Indonesia as all their back 4 had to do was sweep up Kennedys knockdowns. You add a Mcbreen/Porter to that and it would have been carnage.

Boring, scared football from Mr Inflexible.

dibo

The lack of a plan B is definitely our biggest problem. There's less tactical flexibility in that side than in the Mariners on a bad day.

midfielder

Most put the improvenment in thesecond to Pim's half time talk... me I think it was because we were 1 - nil up and the pressure to score was off..

Pim did as Pim always does and got us the points... I tho there were some good signs coming out of tonight.. Oar was outstanding but we must remember who he played, Wilkshire goes goes from strenght to strenght and I tho he held us together last night... The passing was good we held the ball and on a different night would have scored some more goals... maybe it is making up for some games when we were lucky to score..Tho to that Mullo played well at the back and maybe he has his head together now..

On the negative side tho Fall Over Boy is showing without Harry & Bresh around him he is not a great player... from personal experience when I plan with a top team I go well... but my form if those around me don't create space for me is no where near as good as when I am in the top team... me think this applies to Fall Over Boy as well.

Honestly I tho we needed to give another striker a go up front in the last 20 mis or so was disappointed that Leckie did not get a run...Tho the backs got caught square at times and against better sides this could hurt us..

J

jiggles

serious14 said:
poko said:
I would of been a bit pissed off if I paid to see that game...

You went to Mariners games this season.  :p

Wasn't the Australian team I had a problem with... (well, I did, but not as much...)

pjennings

The one thing that I kept thinking about last night was how much the Fox boys fap over fall over boy.

I remember going to an Australia game with Zadkoshit in it. Every time he got the ball the crowd groaned because he would simply slow the game down.

Culina was worse last night - in the first half he was all over the park a la his Fold Coast performances, and our only outlets seemed to be crosses from 2/3 down the pitch. When he was in position he played like Zadkoshit or sprayed the ball in a manner that would make Kwassie blush at BTS.

I suspect he got a rocket at HT - because he seemed to at least stay in his position in the second half.

Honestly, on that performance, why would you pick him for South Africa. As an AM he is well down the list. As DM Grella, Valeri, Jedi and Wilkshire are all better options.

Maybe he can play RB?   

midfielder

dibo said:
The lack of a plan B is definitely our biggest problem. There's less tactical flexibility in that side than in the Mariners on a bad day.

Cough cough err er ... who is coming to coach us next year ...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred