• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Socceroos vs Ghana @ SFS 23/5/08

serious14

Greenpoleffc said:
Were they Squadrunts?? Most of the scum I saw were at least mid 20's and up.

Very few paint/glue sniffing skater teens among them

Hahaha, ba-zing.  I know it shocks us all, but there are some over 20's in the Squadron.  Having said that, they could be from the 'Southern Hill' crew, or whatever it's called.

Bear

Greenpoleffc said:
We had to endure 3 pissed scum standing about 3 or 4 rows behind us who sang the awful New Car Smell song all through the 2nd half.

They decided to react to being told to shut up by singing anti SFC songs. Cue Blinger in front of them who without warning just turned round and landed a haymaker on the chin of one of the bogans.

Said scum promptly fell over and his mates stood there and did nothing.

I really regret not seeing that :(

serious14

brennan said:
the kamikaze krew?

Not sure what their name is.......

I've thought about it more in the sober light of day, and my opinion of how the Jets players were last night has not really changed.  North and A. Griffiths probably weren't as shit as I was ranting they were, but there's no way I'd ever want to rely on them in a do-or-die qualifier.  The other three however, shall not be spoken of.  Horrible wastes of space.

Just one question for Pim though - whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy with the long balls?? 

FFC Mariner

I suspect it was for sackwhacker to chase??

However, he was truly terrible and an absolute disgrace to the green and gold.

Adam went ok TBH but c**tboy...............totally out of his depth at this level

pjennings

Best that can be said is they got the job done with a 2nd/3rd string team.

Schwarzer - some good saves but clearances from backpasses so-so

Carney - better than expected

NTS - not up to standard

Adam Griffiths - crap - bad defensively and gave the ball away too much.

Meggsy - solid - without setting the world on fire. Looked very comfortable with Spiranovic when North went to RB.

Spiranovic - looked comfortable.

North - solid game in the centre - better at RB

Burns - no thanks

Jedi - solid - rather see him in a lone role. didn't work well with Burns.

Troisi - was he on?

Sterjovski - looked good but could have been carded a number of times earlier

Kewell - ok - still a long way short

Scumboy - didn't play the lone striker role at all. Went down the right and passed to where he should have been. If he had done his role properly Kewell might have been in the game. If he won't take instruction - don't pick him. 

Allsop - why?

swarey

Greenpoleffc said:
I suspect it was for sackwhacker to chase??

However, he was truly terrible and an absolute disgrace to the green and gold.

Adam went ok TBH but c**tboy...............totally out of his depth at this level

Chances are that when you throw or kick a ball past a "DOG" it will chase it........

jpmariner

if i had a bigger bag i would have had a momento of the cove.
those chairs just pop right off, remember me holding it above my head perm?

im back.
jp.

Bear

jpmariner said:
if i had a bigger bag i would have had a momento of the cove.
those chairs just pop right off, remember me holding it above my head perm?

im back.
jp.

Welcome back mate. Hope to see you Wednesday night

Jesus

Jesus
I thought sack whack was awful, and the other players seemed to lose confidence in him by the end and not even bother trying to pass him the ball.
allsop was awful.
Carney much better defending than attacking on the night. A grif was a bit outdone, though probably isnt match fit.
I thought troisi di alright.
Kewell was a step above with his touch and passing.
Jedi was very solid in the middle and made to do much more work than he should have been.
Burns was very quiet.
I thought the defenders all played pretty well.

The aussie home end was dead quiet though, only heard it 2 times in 90 minutes. I was down the ghanaian end, though they were not awesomely loud, they were very consistant for 90 minutes, and heard all game by myself.

Demented Freak

I've gotta admit I laughed when you guys started "You only sing when your sydney", only two better ones on the night was the Labozetta mafia chant from the Bay 23 boys and "harry's off the sculthorpe" when he got subbed. First 30 minutes we tried to get the singing going, but most chants died within 60 seconds. Lack of drum hindered things as well as there being way too many passengers from the middle of 23 on. Things really only picked up from 85 minutes onwards which was far too late.

Current home end organisation is not being helped by the FFA's refusal to assist us with ticketing, we're still getting families and bloody pensioners turning up in prime seats and contributing SFA to the home end.

Jesus

Jesus
Demented Freak said:
I've gotta admit I laughed when you guys started "You only sing when your sydney", only two better ones on the night was the Labozetta mafia chant from the Bay 23 boys and "harry's off the sculthorpe" when he got subbed. First 30 minutes we tried to get the singing going, but most chants died within 60 seconds. Lack of drum hindered things as well as there being way too many passengers from the middle of 23 on. Things really only picked up from 85 minutes onwards which was far too late.

Current home end organisation is not being helped by the FFA's refusal to assist us with ticketing, we're still getting families and bloody pensioners turning up in prime seats and contributing SFA to the home end.

You would think if the cove can work out something with SFC for the same stadium, it should not be hard to work it out with the ffa.

serious14

Viva vukovic said:
lol how good was the mexican wave though 5 times around the sfs

It's not the bloody cricket, it's not the bloody cricket......

Jesus said:
You would think if the cove can work out something with SFC for the same stadium, it should not be hard to work it out with the ffa.

Believe me, we've been trying.  One of the main sticking points we're trying to get across is that we want the Home End bay to be a separate category that's $5 or so more expensive so the families don't go straight there, instead ending up in the normal Category C.  That, or just give us the bay to sell on to _actual_ active supporters.  ;)

Paolo

Viva vukovic said:
lol how good was the mexican wave though 5 times around the sfs
i think this must be a typo, please be more careful when posting in the future. kk thanks

Demented Freak

Jesus said:
As you know with A-League games the clubs have control so we're able to make arrangements with the clubs for home end support. But when the Finals come around, FFA take control to the matches and all that goes out the window so to speak. We'll get there eventually...someday...maybe...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred