• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Socceroos vs Ghana @ SFS 23/5/08

kevrenor

RADINHO said:
kevrenor said:
Mile Sterjovski robs ball in midfield ... nicely taken solo goal.

so 1-0 Australia's way

Err yeah, and that is how it finished. Sterj 2nd yellow. Meggsy got better as it went on. Spiranovic capped.

Too many Scum on the field for my liking at the end though.

kevrenor

thomas477 said:
Was Sterj yellow carded and hence a red or was he told to get off the field, without the red?

Yeah the big bloke in Bay 75, Row A1, said "get off Sterj!" So he did!

Of course he got a red after the 2nd yellow!

You are still dizzy from seeing so many Scum on the park with yellow shirts on!

thomas477

kevrenor said:
thomas477 said:
Was Sterj yellow carded and hence a red or was he told to get off the field, without the red?

Yeah the big bloke in Bay 75, Row A1, said "get off Sterj!" So he did!

Of course he got a red after the 2nd yellow!

You are still dizzy from seeing so many Scum on the park with yellow shirts on!

I didnt see the ref show the car - all i saw was the ref pointing to the sideline

FFC Mariner

Just got in, interesting evening.

Game was fairly dull apart from Schwarzer, and Sterj's goal really. We found out that Griffiths (A) is just a stain on the shirt and Allsop is terrible.

Crowd pretty flat as befits a friendly.

What really pissed me off was the number of SFC shirts/scarves and songs together with scummers singing Newcastle songs throughout. This was an Australian game and no one should wear colours.

Highlight of the evening was one of the 3 scum a few rows back from us getting king hit by an SFC fan midway through the 2nd half - absolutely hammered him too.

Holland didnt seem to appreciate the abuse he got while warming up in front of a few Coasties either. Maybe he didnt know he was Judas??

Arabmariner

Greenpoleffc said:
Just got in, interesting evening.

Game was fairly dull apart from Schwarzer, and Sterj's goal really. We found out that Griffiths (A) is just a stain on the shirt and Allsop is terrible.

Crowd pretty flat as befits a friendly.

What really pissed me off was the number of SFC shirts/scarves and songs together with scummers singing Newcastle songs throughout. This was an Australian game and no one should wear colours.

Highlight of the evening was one of the 3 scum a few rows back from us getting king hit by an SFC fan midway through the 2nd half - absolutely hammered him too.

Holland didnt seem to appreciate the abuse he got while warming up in front of a few Coasties either. Maybe he didnt know he was Judas??
The Bling shirts could be seen on TV as well.

Could you imagine fans going to a Scotland game with Celtic and Rangers shirts on?

Thats just f**ked.

Big no no at internationals.

FFC Mariner

We had to put up with them singing in the pub before the game.

A few well directed chants of "one knee, he's only got 1 knee" and "you're coming 4th again" etc seemed to shut them up.

The scum fans were far worse TBH. The Blingers were mainly kids but the scum seemed to treat it like a Jets away game. Absolute disgrace.

serious14

Every single Jets player out there tonight was a disgrace to Australian football.  Out of their depth, and if Pim has any sense, hopefully out of the squad forever.  F*cking SHAMEFUL.

Mile was solid, Meggsy looked apprehensive and a bit 'eh' - methinks a season in a losing/relegated team has affected him a lot more than we thought.

The one thing that annoyed me more than anything else was this over-riding sense of hostility/anatagonism amongst different parts of the Home End - fark's people, it's an AUSTRALIAN game, just leave the club shit at home.  It's not needed, and as Greenpole noted, it causes nothing but trouble.  There is _no_ need for it whatsoever.

And I think that once and for all the GGA proved why they should just give up trying to run the Home End, if their effort's down the front and in the middle of Bay 23 were anything to go by.  The Bay 23 boys, Cove-ites, and all of us Marinator types tried our best, but after half an hour it became clear that those down the front weren't interested.  And it wasn't because they couldn't hear us, because I saw many a person turn around and listen to the megaphone at many different points.  Farkin' selfish people with vested interests and all that shit.  Grrrrrrrrrrr.

Oh, and the game was a bit "eh" as well.  Kewell and Carney best on field.

serious14

Well, The General (one of Sydney's capo type dudes) was on the megaphone in about the fourth row down, and the back couple of rows were great for the first half hour, but I think we all kinda gave up when everyone in front of us couldn't be bothered to join in...... it picked back up again in the final 5 minutes, but I think that was an after effect to the wave.

We've only got the single song
So we'll sing it all night long
'Cause we've only got one song
WE'LL SING IT ALLLLLLL NIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT LOOOOOOOOOOOOONG

:p

FFC Mariner

Griffiths (A) was truly terrible and he has been playing regular football in Japan so cant even use the excuse of being rusty.

Kewell was farking terrible too

serious14

Have fun wailing on Scummers down the front??  :p

P.S.  If Kareem had been playing tonight we would have won 10 - 0.

FFC Mariner

serious14 said:
Have fun wailing on Scummers down the front??  :p

P.S.  If Kareem had been playing tonight we would have won 10 - 0.

Like the rest of the crowd,I only went expecting to see Kareem to take on Ghana on his own

We had to endure 3 pissed scum standing about 3 or 4 rows behind us who sang the awful New Car Smell song all through the 2nd half.

They decided to react to being told to shut up by singing anti SFC songs. Cue Blinger in front of them who without warning just turned round and landed a haymaker on the chin of one of the bogans.

Said scum promptly fell over and his mates stood there and did nothing.

That was when we were able to get a "you're scum and you know you are chant going"

Thankfully they were thrown out and the normal humans were able to concentrate on the rest of the game.

brett

To be honest, there were more Mariners shirts/scarves/hats than Sydney FC there last night. Of course ours fits in better because they are yellow, but it still has to be said: don't do it.

The singing did die off when anything in front of row V refused to sing and the cove boys got over it. But what I want to know is - why does jimmy the greek bother with the big ticket purchase if it doesn't get the right people into the right areas? It would have been better if cove boys were spread throughout 23 and got people around them going.

It was a scattering of Coasties in the back of 22 that got most of the singing going in the second half, including a loud 'sing when you're Sydney, you only sing when you're sydney' that turned a few heads.

edit: oh yeah and we won. it was obvious that we would have nothing in attack with that line-up, no creativity joining defence to attack. but we defended very solidly in most parts. Still no goals conceded since...when?

serious14

brett said:
Still no goals conceded since...when?

8 hours and 11 minutes we're up to now.......

You'd have to speak to Jimmy and BenW about the ticket purchasing - as per the new Home End strategy we're letting the head guys from the host city run the show.  I e-mailed Ben last night with a list of questions and all that so hopefully he gets back to me soon.

FFC Mariner

Maybe an idea is to have coordination between the 3 NSW supporters groups??

It was pretty factional last night anyway and maybe that was because the game has evolved past groups such as the GGA (hopefully).

If pre agreed and coordinated strategy is developed then it wont be down to 1 poor sod with a megaphone trying to get 3 bays going.

serious14

I've tried, and tried, and tried again to co-ordinate with the Squadron, but one of their prominent leader types is high up in the GGA as well, so that makes that a bit awkward - they're really not prepared to give up their 'position of power', as it be.

I'm not sure how the Sydney lads have gone with co-ordinating with the Squadron, but honestly, their (Squadron) complete unwillingness to forgo club colors and work with us (omg, we're like, the enemy) is becoming a real problem.  As evidenced by Greenpole's little incident down the front, and their refusal to sing Australia songs, and blah blah blah.

FFC Mariner

Were they Squadrunts?? Most of the scum I saw were at least mid 20's and up.

Very few paint/glue sniffing skater teens among them

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred