• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Should Staj be Given a 5 Year Contract? ....and the Keys to Gosford.

Huddo

PK, SC can suck it, as much as I don't like staj at the moment, he turned a team that was struggling at NPL level back to the finals, all else is inconsequential, look at the team's last year, look where they sit today, that should tell you who has coached the most effectively.

Corsair

If true, which would not be that surprising, it's a really awful and traumatic situation for those girls that were targeted to go through. Even if you weren't one of the ones that copped it, being around that and living in fear that you'd be next must be dreadful and these are supposed to be your teammates. It wouldn't be accepted in any other workplace. Disgusting behavior, I feel really sorry for the victims.

scottmac

Suspended
Means nothing without putting your name to it like DeVanna has. Would love to just go for gold and name the players because it's blatantly obvious who the culprits are but I've heard website owners can be sued for comments made........

Leaves Staj a legend though, which we knew anyway.

Tevor

Means nothing without putting your name to it like DeVanna has. Would love to just go for gold and name the players because it's blatantly obvious who the culprits are but I've heard website owners can be sued for comments made........

Leaves Staj a legend though, which we knew anyway.
Hence the reason he received a payout for what was clearly unfair dismissal. My daughter plays and I hope there is some action taken at all levels as this is not a good environment. Will not be easy to change however maybe start with ousting the main culprits no matter who they are.

scottmac

Suspended
Hence the reason he received a payout for what was clearly unfair dismissal. My daughter plays and I hope there is some action taken at all levels as this is not a good environment. Will not be easy to change however maybe start with ousting the main culprits no matter who they are.
Will be very interesting if any ousting happens. Not an easy thing to do considering the status of this "team" now.

pjennings

I am expecting that there will be changes at the top level - team, FA and PFA. The challenge will be to make sure change filters down to the grassroots.

turbo

Will be very interesting if any ousting happens
The players involved in the original incidents would be retired or at least very close now wouldn't they? Just going off the idea they were 15-20 years ago. Hopefully that plus the increased expectation of professionalism and how these things are viewed now will mean it goes away.

I do lean towards the theory that Staj copped backlash for pushing a certain level of professionalism and IMO with the attention and money starting to go towards the women's game that's to be expected. Much tougher to take a hardline stance with part timers and a limited talent pool but the level the Matildas are operating at is past that point and will continue to grow. Equality is a double edged sword.

pjennings

The players involved in the original incidents would be retired or at least very close now wouldn't they? Just going off the idea they were 15-20 years ago. Hopefully that plus the increased expectation of professionalism and how these things are viewed now will mean it goes away.

I do lean towards the theory that Staj copped backlash for pushing a certain level of professionalism and IMO with the attention and money starting to go towards the women's game that's to be expected. Much tougher to take a hardline stance with part timers and a limited talent pool but the level the Matildas are operating at is past that point and will continue to grow. Equality is a double edged sword.
There are some much more recent (not public) allegations

FFC Mariner

I think our defamation laws provide cover for some people. Staj's dignity and restraint seems even more impressive now.
I wonder if he is a marked man for coaching roles - not a sniff since he walked out.
I thought it was a silly decision then, looks worse now

turbo

There are some much more recent (not public) allegations
Are you talking about the unnamed one from the article on leftrightoutau (via reddit) or is there more rumours? Either way its not surprising poor culture would be passed down until a line is drawn. Better now than closer to our WWC.

The article I'm referring to said unprofessional stuff like a player only signing if they sign their partner too - that kind of thing doesn't surprise me in a part time low budget league like the W league but it would lend itself towards some pretty weird team dynamics too.

pjennings

Are you talking about the unnamed one from the article on leftrightoutau (via reddit) or is there more rumours? Either way its not surprising poor culture would be passed down until a line is drawn. Better now than closer to our WWC.

The article I'm referring to said unprofessional stuff like a player only signing if they sign their partner too - that kind of thing doesn't surprise me in a part time low budget league like the W league but it would lend itself towards some pretty weird team dynamics too.
No - though I have heard that one too - this is at a NT level. If there is a real inquiry it will come out. I'm not going to repeat it here because I don't know the truth - but it wouldn't be tolerated in the corporate world these days and so shouldn't be tolerated in sport - at any level.

Tevor

Here’s a random thought bubble, bring back Staj as our inaugural women’s coach (if he’s not been picked up by then by another club)…
I think he parted ways with the club not the other way around, so bringing him back is not the right terminology. Taking him back is more appropriate and I wouldn't say no if it was for the women's team. His name was mentioned at Western United but that didn't work out for him. What ever new challenges he was chasing they haven't come to fruition very quickly. He still orchestrated a great season for us and if he had stayed on I would be perfectly comfortable with him. But we all know how that played out.

turbo

Disagree. He left looking for greener pastures and didnt find what he was looking for. I understand why and I get it but I'm not sure that's a relationship we should be quick to resume.

pjennings

Disagree. He left looking for greener pastures and didnt find what he was looking for. I understand why and I get it but I'm not sure that's a relationship we should be quick to resume.
I can see and understand your reasoning. I look at it another way. He had rehabilitated his reputation and was not going to get additional funds. i.e. He probably thought he probably couldn't do better than 3rd with his squad. I suspect he saw opportunities and left for them.

If he took the women's squad he would know the managers on the coast as well as his in-depth knowledge of the women's game both here and abroad. He showed he could work within a budget.

As long there was no ill-will between him and the club I think he would be a great choice.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami