• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Season 5 Preseason Thread

Sean

Gold Coast smashed Byron Bay XI, 5-1
Barisic with a hat-trick, Piorkowski and Thomas (Triallist)

FFC Mariner

This weeks scum coach is of the view that SFC wont improve but the scum will - big call this early on I reckon.

Note that Kaz seems to be in favour under the current regime.

Stroll through the MF for the other 9 sides then

dibo

I reckon he may have a point - due to ACL, the scum and Mariners are in pre-season later, with less settled squads than most of the rest. They've got a managerial transition to handle too.

It's pretty likely that the scum and Mariners have more improvement left in them before round 1. However, that's a lot different to saying either of the other two NSW clubs will be better than SFC this year.

Mariners won't look comparatively good until late in the year, when depth matters more. It seems to me that we've got better depth than other sides (the better second XI thing I've talked about a few times). If they can keep the wheels on til then I think the home stretch will be kinder to us than most.

clarence

dibo said:
Mariners won't look comparatively good until late in the year, when depth matters more. It seems to me that we've got better depth than other sides (the better second XI thing I've talked about a few times). If they can keep the wheels on til then I think the home stretch will be kinder to us than most.

On the highlighted issue, I'd suggest we have a more consistent depth in certain areas, and maybe (hopefully PLEASE!) improved in others.

For example, Pedj, Doig and Huke are all about the same level of playing ability given their playing careers as comparison. But by getting Doig we have hopefully improved the starch in the backline AND added more leadership. Travis adds to Caceres and Huthcinson's abilities in CM and Travis can also get back too. If we sign Wales, indications are he's a 'run all day' type of midfielder and has some quality about him, perfect as backup to Caceres & Hutchinson and possibly a better squad player than we had in Osman.

That means if one of our starting lineup gets injured our replacement will be the same standard of player who's out.

Now for the GC if Culina or Smeltz gets injured, or over at Perth if Sterjovski gets injured, who is their replacement? As good, probably not. Up to the 'required' A-League standard or a cheap buy? We'll see...

I'm fully expecting both Culina and Sterjovski to shine this upcoming season and they are going to be a headache for us to handle. But if either is out for their side, we are in with a chance. And if Caceres or Huthcinson is out, then we do have these other players who should be able to step up without doubts about their ability to handle the pace of the game or the technical standard.

Sean

wouldn't be so sure about Perth's lack of depth once Sterjovski is scratched...
Dadi, Jelic, Shroj, Sikora, Pellegrino, Coyne (x2), Todd, Burns.

I consider that level of depth and quality a threat.

Sean

Wolverhampton defeated Fury 2-1.
Fowler scored on debut (pen)

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,25788218-5000940,00.html

Sean

Fulham thrashed Perth 5 - 0

http://au.fourfourtwo.com/news/107752,fulham-thrash-newlook-perth.aspx

marinermick

Sean said:

depth is players beyond the first eleven and sadly they still have the sekulovskis and bullocks

Kareem

Sean said:

lol
and everyone is posting perth for top 4 (someone even said 2nd...) :p
They will be better this seaso (not that hard)n...and I know you cant take ALL that much from that game...but I am more worried about Roar, GC, MV

Jesus

Jesus
Kareem said:
Sean said:

lol
and everyone is posting perth for top 4 (someone even said 2nd...) :p
They will be better this seaso (not that hard)n...and I know you cant take ALL that much from that game...but I am more worried about Roar, GC, MV

Melbourne lost 3 nil? Perth lost 5 nil in torrential rain. Without burns or coyne. IMHO there is little difference between being outplayed and losing 3 or 5 nil to a higher quality team. As compared to losing 3 or 5 nil to a similar quality team.

I dont think anyone in perth or melbourne will be worried about their loses.

GC drew with rockdale rovers 1-1. We drew with capital select 11, adelaide and brisbane have lost to state league teams.

I dont think any of those teams are worried about those results either

Sean

marinermick said:
Sean said:

depth is players beyond the first eleven and sadly they still have the sekulovskis and bullocks

You're right. It was more in response to the "Scratch Sterjovski and Perth are rubbish" call.

Kareem

Jesus said:

GC drew with rockdale rovers 1-1. We drew with capital select 11, adelaide and brisbane have lost to state league teams.

ok just to correct you ;)
the consensus on 442 (as of this afternoon)
Was 50/50 (worried vs not worried) on what this means of the coming season  (actually might be just in favour of perth fans being worried) + 1 random Melbourne fan telling them not to worry (suppose compared to their result)

on here we had one person suggest concerns over 3 goals conceded to a capital select 11...majority of us havent recriprocated this feeling. Personally I am not concerned. But the point is somebody was...

:popo:

Jesus

Jesus
Kareem said:
Jesus said:

ok just to correct you ;)
the consensus on 442 (as of this afternoon)
Was 50/50 (worried vs not worried) on what this means of the coming season  (actually might be just in favour of perth fans being worried) + 1 random Melbourne fan telling them not to worry (suppose compared to their result)

on here we had one person suggest concerns over 3 goals conceded to a capital select 11...majority of us havent recriprocated this feeling. Personally I am not concerned. But the point is somebody was...

:popo:

I meant no one within the clubs.

There are always doomsayer followers. The amount of times we have been winning, doing it comfortable and heard people saying "we are going to lose" "they are going to score " etc etc is enormous.

Also 442 posters tend to be the worst in regards to knowing little about the article/team/situation they are posting about. Most will make wild unsubstantiated arguments about teams and players they have never seen.

He will be an awful player, they play rubbish, he will be huge, Cole is God etc tec

bjw

bjw
marinermick said:
Perth lost to Gold Coast 1-0.

Joel Porter the scorer.

putting $10 on Joel Porter to win golden boot tomorrow. $101 :eek:

also, putting $10 on Simon ($26 odds)

Sean

fedelt said:
SFC 1-1 Jets

Brosque scored a cracker and Song lobbed Nicevski.

Ljubo is a maniac, yet very strong, fit and runs his ass off. If he can stay focused and not get himself into trouble by either abusing the ref, ripping into his own team and taunting the crowd (all of which he performed today), then he will do wonders for the Jets.

Sean

Sean said:
fedelt said:
SFC 1-1 Jets

Brosque scored a cracker and Song lobbed Nicevski.

Ljubo is a maniac, yet very strong, fit and runs his ass off. If he can stay focused and not get himself into trouble by either abusing the ref, ripping into his own team and taunting the crowd (all of which he performed today), then he will do wonders for the Jets.

ImageResizer.ashx

Here's his goal celebration in response to the crowd heckling him all game when he would chuck a tantrum after he didn't get passed to.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred