• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Season 3 - Most memorable moments

midfielder

Omni said:
Best Away Game - Adelaide United 2 Queensland Roar 0

Best Home Game - V Wellington R21

Worst Home Game - V Melbourne 5-4

Worst Away Game - V Scum Semi

Outrageous Moment - Breeze's red (and non) card decisions in the 5-4

Omi it was the flying choppers we lost 5-4 to, not melbourne.

S

striker

It was great to be involved in V3..... I enjoyed every minute of it - almost as much as V1..... in order of preference:

V1 - so far the best
v3 - equally as good, except for the 5:4 thrashing by Hakoa
v2 - a little dull....

Omni

It's 3,1,2 for me - the Premiership was what did it, plus the crowds and weather were way better in this season compared to the first.

kepo

Best away trip = CCM VS SYDNEY (5-4) Emotions, drama the works

Best home game = CCM VS SYD (3-2 Win) Loved it! And all the melbourne home games

Worst home game = 5-2 lose to Perth (Worst send off to Big Blue Man)

Worst away trip = Wash out game ! :O

Most outrageous moment in a game = Sheilds Refeering, Corica send off vs melbourne

Most inspiring moment = Cove and SCC going nuts in the rain R21

Atomic

I don't think it's been mentioned in this thread yet, but one of the most memorable moments from V3 for me was when Tommy P chased down the last kick of the game against SFC in Rd 2 to save a certain goal. As it turned out, our season came down to goal difference and Tommy P's display of heart and determination really tippified our team and our year.

tsd

Hello all! 

i just signed up so that i can post my most memorable moment!!!

the weekend of the final round of the season... sitting in the pouring rain to witness the 2-0, then sitting in the pub with my mates watching all the other games on fox...  WINNING THE TITLE BY ONE GOAL!!!! awesome weekend.

that and the electric atmosphere at bluetounge when we kicked the jets asses in the second leg!

it was my first season that ive followed any league football team (only every watched socceroos prior) and i was able to follow them all the way to the grand final... it was a great season for me!

thomas477

Atomic said:
I don't think it's been mentioned in this thread yet, but one of the most memorable moments from V3 for me was when Tommy P chased down the last kick of the game against SFC in Rd 2 to save a certain goal. As it turned out, our season came down to goal difference and Tommy P's display of heart and determination really tippified our team and our year.

:goodpost:

marinersman

Atomic said:

Ah, the good old days when Tommy was one of us. Our best player in the first three seasons.

Kareem

IMO tommy P wasnt our best over three seasons.
Players to qualify-
Mrdja (worst in probably every1s opinion), vukovic (best IMO), gumprecht, hutcho, brown, clark, o'grady, boogard (injured for a bit), osman (injured for a bit).
Wow we still got heaps of foundation players (9)
however i suspect that will decrease by start of next season to...7?

bjw

bjw
Atomic said:

round 2?

however. good post.

Atomic

brennan said:
Atomic said:

round 2?

however. good post.

Sorry, I meant the 2nd time we played them.

Gav...

Best Away Trip: Rd 1 v Sydney. singing in the rain, sasho scores, we win......
Best Home Win: Semi Final Leg 2..... 3 nil to the coastie boys........
Worst Home Game: Melbourne 5 - 2....
Worst Away Trip: Every trip to toxic waste dump (newcastle)..... i hate going up there.... such a shit place
Most Outrageous Moment: stupid send off to porter..... matthew breeze&mark shield..... hollands handball......
Most Inspiring Moment: Sasho's performance in the 2nd leg......

S

soccersensei

Tommy, great season, but I think Mile's contribution was definitely the biggest this year, as rightfully reflected with the accolades.

Kareem

I think if we didnt have Danny we wouldnt have made GF in season 1 nor in season 3. And we definatelty wouldnt have won the league. Unless of course we had another top quality keeper- ie. like covic. Most likely without Danny we would have had a Necevski or a Reddy (not bad keepers but they arent as important!).
Tommy P had some good contributions (Winner aginst Melb...assists etc.) but Danny was just a mile ahead!

Wombat

Best Away Trip: Only went to one...Newcastle and the Scum beat us 2.0. Good day but.
Best Home Win:  3.0 thrashing of Scum and slowly watching a cocky fat noisy Scum slob dissolve as the game went on and the send off he got as he slunk off after the game.
Worst Home Game: Melbourne 5 - 2....
Worst Away Trip: Only had the one...apart from the loss and 15 minute queue for a beer..quite enjoyed it trip to Scumland and slagging off the toothless locals aftre the game.
Most Outrageous Moment: stupid send off to porter..... matthew breeze outright cheating against Sydney & mark shield's attempt to out do Breeze in the GF.
Not starting Gumps in the GF and costing us the game.
Most Inspiring Moment: The "Harper you are a Twat" banner.

bikinigirl

Kareem said:
IMO tommy P wasnt our best over three seasons.
Players to qualify-
Mrdja (worst in probably every1s opinion), vukovic (best IMO), gumprecht, hutcho, brown, clark, o'grady, boogard (injured for a bit), osman (injured for a bit).
Wow we still got heaps of foundation players (9)
however i suspect that will decrease by start of next season to...7?

. and those that apparently don't qualify: wilko, kwasi (who have probably played more than all others) & tommy (because he has left now???)

. s'pose the heff is technically a foundation member despite the sabbatical

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred