• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Season 3 - Most memorable moments

FFC Mariner

Before consigning V3 into the waste bin of history, my personal high (and low) points.

Best away trip = SFC round 1

Best home game = Scum (major semi)

Worst home game = Lowy FC (5-4) ties with NYE (Melb 2-5)

Worst away trip = Scum (major semi) - not just for the game, the whole FFA experience.

Best piss up = Post season cup final @ KB

Most outrageous moment in a game = Breeze sending off Danny in the 5-4 game. Clearly not a red

Most inspiring moment = Players reaction to beating Lowy FC 1-0 in round 1.

skilbeck

Best away trip = SFC round 1

Best home game = Newcastle major semi leg two

Worst home game = Melbourne 5-2 loss

Worst away trip = Newcastle major semi leg one

Best piss up = After Wellington R21 game

Most outrageous moment in a game = shields no-handball decision on holland

Most inspiring moment = our come from behind win against Melbourne

dru

Best away trip = Wellington rd 9. although standing on the terraces in perth (rd 13) after catching the shed bus to the ground is a very close second

Best home game = 3-0 win over wellington rd 2

Worst home game = 4-5 loss to Sydney

Worst away trip = Take your pick of the Newcastle trips

Best piss up =  Yellow army corner in the backbencher hotel in wellington (before and after the game)

Most outrageous moment in a game = Red card to smitta rd 8 against QLD

Most inspiring moment =  Aloisi celebrating the penalty under the palm trees.

midfielder

Best for me was the street scene after the Scum semi final, people waving flags in the car park, dancing in the street pure joy, ................and for me the time the Mariners won over any of the media who had doubts about us.

Second and on a strange note the non clash between fans after the grand final loss especialy given the hand ball. Nothing for the waitng establishment media to put us down with and great credit to both fans groups and there leaders on saying to all keep out of trouble don't react (well done) and top points to city rail for the seperate trains.

The Kill the ref night............Flying Choppers ...........joke ......it still hurts five players carried off Kosie and his gang kicked the sh*t of us all night and we have two players sent off. IMO cost us big time even in GF lost Heff and his speed at the back. Actually for a while I hated the choppers more than the scum.

Most cheered mom.......third goal against the scum in extra time of the semi final.

Crying time.............when vidy lost the ball, was right in front of us ...........and you got the feeling from when he lost it this is going to cost us big time, and it did.

Sad time............when we had to let go of Tommy.

Happy times...............Gosfords getting so much behind us, stores all over running out of Mariner gear.

In your face mom...........tonight if Jedi gets his Socceroo call up ............the force is with us.

:pirashoot: :pirashoot: :pirashoot:

bjw

bjw
Best away trip = Rd. 1 vs Sydney. Sasho to score his first goal for us against his old club, our 2nd biggest rivals, amazing

Best home game = 3-0 win over Newcastle Semi Final leg 2. Best night of my life. Amazing

Worst home game = 4-5 loss to Sydney or 5-2 loss to Melbourne

Worst away trip = Any Newcastle away trip :(

Most outrageous moment in a game = Grand Final, not being able to pick up a clear handball

Most inspiring moment =  Sasho taking off his shirt in celebration, then when recieving a yellow, telling the ref it was worth it :)

dantheman2259

Best away trip = Syd rd 1

Best home game = Newy home semi (i quite enjoyed the melb come from behind and adelaide game where Aloi$i kicked penalty aswell)

Worst home game = new years vs melb

Worst away trip = newcastle the 2-0 semi

Best piss up = Whatever the newcastle board were doin when they decided to sign jardel

Most outrageous moment in a game = hollands handball in gf / porters red against melb (i think) was woeful and honorable mention to the crowd invasion at 5-4 syd game (stupid)

Most inspiring moment = Never giving up in the scummers tie. All the players seemed like they new they were gonna win

thomas477

Andy said:
thomas477 said:
jw how was it not a red?

Because it didn't deny Borsque a Goal-Scoring-Oppurtunity.

So you telling me that hand balling it when it was going past him and danny would have to turn around when brosque was runnng full pelt = red.

Then again the striker was brosque, dunno if he ever gets a goal scoring opportunity.

thomas477

dantheman2259 said:
Most outrageous moment in a game = handball / porters red was woeful and honorable mention to the crowd invasion at 5-4 syd game (stupid)

Porter wasnt sent off.

Kwasnik was

dantheman2259

thomas477 said:
dantheman2259 said:
Most outrageous moment in a game = handball / porters red was woeful and honorable mention to the crowd invasion at 5-4 syd game (stupid)

Porter wasnt sent off.

Kwasnik was

Sorry mate i meant the holland handball in final and porters red card for the nothing challenge in another game

Andy

thomas477 said:
Andy said:
thomas477 said:
jw how was it not a red?

So you telling me that hand balling it when it was going past him and danny would have to turn around when brosque was runnng full pelt = red.

Then again the striker was brosque, dunno if he ever gets a goal scoring opportunity.

The same ball that skidded off the surface and would most likely have beaten both players over the goal-line?

IMO, not a red.

Ted

Andy said:
thomas477 said:
Andy said:
thomas477 said:
jw how was it not a red?

The same ball that skidded off the surface and would most likely have beaten both players over the goal-line?

IMO, not a red.

I fail to see it as a red either, he was trying to avoid the ball and I still have doubts after watching several replays of the incident, that it actually hits his arm anyway. More an underarm chest area hit IMO!

serious14

Best away trip = Round 1 to Sydney.  Best.  Away (NSW) trip.  Ever.  Away games are infinitely superior to home games fan wise.  ;D

Best home game = 2-1 against Melbourne, 3-0 against Newcastle

Worst home game = 1-0 against QLD (the Porter sending off).  That game seriously gave me the sh*ts for a week or two after.

Worst away trip = 0-0 to Newcastle.  34673 degrees and I forgot my sunnies.  Rubbish game too.

Best piss up = Bear's house after the Major Semi.

Most outrageous moment in a game = Matthew Breeze ever making it onto the park.  Ever.

Most inspiring moment = The reclamation of OUR pedestrian crossing.

sorjesk

Best away trip = 5-4 (i am sydney fan so it counts as an away trip)

Best home game = 2-1 v Melb or 3-0 v Newcastle SF

Worst home game = Melbourne 5-2

Worst away trip = Newcastle SF 2-0

Best piss up = after SF in Newcastle - tore up scumville

Most outrageous moment in a game = Mark Shields (numerous moment)

Most inspiring moment = our come from behind win against Melbourne

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
Best Home game....walloping Scum 3- blot

Worst away game....that 200 farenheit day up at the toxic waste dump

Worst home game...that 9 goal debacle

best away game..... The Bling Rd 1

Most inspiring moment.....the singing, dancing mass on the crossing after getting into Asia

The I had to blink twice moment....The short beer queue at the Glory game, almost half time and i got served straight away

The absolute waste of airplane tickets award.... The LismoreMarinator coming down for the SFC game at BT and we got flooded out

Kareem

Best away trip = Round 1 Sydney- great effort- nice to Sasho score!

Best home game = Newcastle major semi 2nd leg- wow!
Worst home game = Melbourne 5-2 loss- just coz of how we played...we played awesome in 5-4 loss to SFC

Worst away trip = Newcastle major semi leg one- yep! Terrible game- refs and everything

Most outrageous moment in a game = shields no-handball decision on holland hooligan + the kwansik send off in 5-4 loss + the penalty decision in the 5-4 loss + the offside ruling on Aloisi in 1st leg vs Newcastle + J>Griffiths not getting sent off for assualting an official (can i continue?)

Most inspiring moment = come from behind win against Melbourne OR the 5-4 loss against Sydney. We were crazy good in that match...just some bad refereeing

marinersman

Best away trip - R1 by a mile

Best home game - Major Semi

Worst home game - A tie, 5-2 against the tards, we were terrible and the GF, again we were terrible and didn't turn up

Worst away trip - every game every year at scum

Most outrageous moment in a game - Judas's non-handball in the GF

Most inspiring moment - Shaso's double against scum at home. I have yet to see a better performance from a striker in the HAL apart from Archie in last year's GF. His effort that night was inspiration personified.

Omni

Best Away Game - Adelaide United 2 Queensland Roar 0

Best Home Game - V Wellington R21

Worst Home Game - V Melbourne 5-2

Worst Away Game - V Scum Semi

Outrageous Moment - Breeze's red (and non) card decisions in the 5-4

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics