• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Season 11 in review - 2015/16

bikinigirl

Sydney got just 8717 to their final game.
Did you see that MC??????
You should be very grateful that the Central Coast people have stuck so solid.
Give us a decent team next year and we can once again drawer bigger crowds than Nix, Perth, Adelaide, Melbourne City.

. i love this message

. and demonstrates how stupid MC has been with some of his comments in the past ... effectively threatening to take our team away if we didn't show more support. this obviously disenfranchised many fans - some vowing never to return

. thankfully it appears enough people have now explained things often enough for him to start getting the message ... but unfortunately i reckon we are now in a position worse than we were after the Canberra debacle many years ago

Timmah

. i love this message

. and demonstrates how stupid MC has been with some of his comments in the past ... effectively threatening to take our team away if we didn't show more support. this obviously disenfranchised many fans - some vowing never to return

. thankfully it appears enough people have now explained things often enough for him to start getting the message ... but unfortunately i reckon we are now in a position worse than we were after the Canberra debacle many years ago
Did he ever actually make *those* comments though?

I look back and see him suggesting that playing all games at Gosford wasn't sustainable and to make it thus, some games would need to be played at NSO or similar.

I don't recall a threat to fully relocate the club, just lots of speculation from fans after the above line was said and everyone took it to the hilt.

Constantly making MC out to be the enemy is all well and good til you remember the fact this club wouldn't be here now if he didn't invest. Nobody else was interested.

dibo

Nobody else was interested.
There is considerable debate as to how true this is.

I think it's fairer to say that nobody else was interested in propping up what was at the time a failed property development venture alongside the football club.

Timmah

I think it's fairer to say that nobody else was interested in propping up what was at the time a failed property development venture alongside the football club.
There's also a stream of thought that seems to imply the FFA would prop us up if we fell over which I highly doubt it would ever happen. Not worth their $$ or time.

FFC Mariner

There was at least 1 alternative that I know of. The myth that only MC could have saved the football club may not be totally accurate

As Dibo says, the failed development deal only interested one person. The person who had a vested interest.

There are reports of interest since that day too that has subsequently gone up the Freeway

I'd be stunned if the FFA would ever prop up CCM.

nebakke

There was at least 1 alternative that I know of. The myth that only MC could have saved the football club may not be totally accurate

Oh yeah - there was "The Russians", "The Chinese" and maybe even Sheffield!?
Christ, for a while there anyone getting near Gosford, earning more than 50k/year was rumoured to be a potential buyer.
The only one that looked like it would eventuate - other than MC - was South Melbourne... I prefer MC to moving the club down there, that's for sure.
And looking at some of the other forums there are still South Melbourne fans death riding is in the hope that they can then buy us.

From the article the other day, the LED manufacturers look like a much newer thing.

dibo

There's also a stream of thought that seems to imply the FFA would prop us up if we fell over which I highly doubt it would ever happen. Not worth their $$ or time.
I disagree with this to some extent - I still don't think FFA wants to abandon any territories, especially this close to the new TV deal.

There are reports of interest since that day too that has subsequently gone up the Freeway
On this, I think there's something in the fact that the club up the freeway is actually for sale, and ours isn't.

We know that MC is open to accepting new investment, but he's not open to a sale and he's not open to losing control. If you want to maintain control, it's on you to keep pouring cash in.

He's got to last one more year before the TV deal is refreshed and he gets to breathe again. But the windfalls this year mean that getting to the end of 2016/17 will be a considerably cheaper exercise (in cash terms) than would've been anticipated 12 months ago - that'll be why we're actually buying some players this off-season.

style_cafe

Can anyone explain why the Grand final will be held at Hindmarsh Stadium which I believe holds 18,000 when Bluetonge was rejected because it only held 20,000?:fireup::fireup::fireup::fireup::fireup::fireup::fireup::fireup::fireup::fireup::fireup::fireup::fireup::fireup::fireup::fireup::fireup::fireup::fireup::fireup::fireup::fireup::fireup::fireup::fireup::fireup::fireup::fireup::fireup::fireup::fireup::fireup::fireup::fireup::fireup::fireup::fireup::fireup::fireup::fireup::fireup::fireup::popcorn:

sydmariner

Can anyone explain why the Grand final will be held at Hindmarsh Stadium which I believe holds 18,000 when Bluetonge was rejected because it only held 20,000?:fireup::fireup::fireup::fireup::fireup::fireup::fireup::fireup::fireup::fireup::fireup::fireup::fireup::fireup::fireup::fireup::fireup::fireup::fireup::fireup::fireup::fireup::fireup::fireup::fireup::fireup::fireup::fireup::fireup::fireup::fireup::fireup::fireup::fireup::fireup::fireup::fireup::fireup::fireup::fireup::fireup::fireup::popcorn:
It won't be
The Hyundai A-League 2016 Grand Final, presented by FOXTEL, will be played at Adelaide Oval on Sunday 1 May after Adelaide United defeated Melbourne City 4-1 at a sold out Coopers Stadium on Friday night.
Adelaide United man of the moment Bruce Djite sent the Reds on their way with a brace just after half time before Dylan McGowan and Pablo Sanchez sent Coopers Stadium into delirium with match-sealing goals in the dying stages.

The Championship decider will be played in Adelaide for the first time in the 11-year history of the Hyundai A-League with Adelaide United to meet the winner of Sunday afternoon’s clash between the Western Sydney Wanderers and Brisbane Roar.

Tickets go on sale TONIGHT for Adelaide United Members.

Tickets for the Hyundai A-League 2016 Grand Final will go on sale at the following times:

· Adelaide United Members from 9.30pm TONIGHT (Friday 22 April) through to 9am on Tuesday 26 April.

• Western Sydney Wanderers or Brisbane Roar Members from 7.30pm on Sunday 24 April (immediately after full time) through to 9am on Tuesday 26 April.
  • Members of the FFA Football Family from 8.30pm on Sunday 24 April through to 9am on Tuesday 26 April.
  • General Public from 11am on Tuesday 26 April.
All tickets can be purchased at www.a-league.com.au/tickets

MATCH DETAILS - Hyundai A-League 2016 Grand Final

Adelaide United v Western Sydney Wanderers or Brisbane Roar

Sunday 1 May 2016

Adelaide Oval, Adelaide

Kick Off: 3.30pm local time (4pm AEST)

Gates Open: 1.30pm local time

The Hyundai A-League 2016 Grand Final will be broadcast exclusively LIVE on Fox Sports 4 (Channel 505) with coverage starting at 3.00pm (AEST). The match will also be broadcast on free-to-air TV on SBS one a one hour delay.

Read more at http://www.a-league.com.au/article/...hjlgre8xm53k1c85pmjhumsbw#p4471Jfdf0Zzkz5Y.99

bikinigirl

Did he ever actually make *those* comments though?

. i didn't say that he did ... nor is it relevant to the point i was making

. it was certainly implied by his words and actions (but i can't be bothered trying to find quotes or mis-quotes from back in the day)

. quite simply it is one of the messages MC has got wrong mostly because his communication is poor ... and it has hurt support of the club

I don't recall a threat to fully relocate the club

. i didn't say that either ... but there are people that dropped their support (partially or fully) because of the message he sent

Constantly making MC out to be the enemy is all well and good til you remember the fact this club wouldn't be here now if he didn't invest. Nobody else was interested.

. constantly accusing people of making MC out to be the enemy whenever somebody criticises his actions is unfair too

. it's also easy to argue that the club wouldn't be here if not for the thousands that have continued to turn up to matches on the coast this year (and years past) ... and that was my point

Timmah

. i didn't say that he did ... nor is it relevant to the point i was making

. it was certainly implied by his words and actions (but i can't be bothered trying to find quotes or mis-quotes from back in the day)

. quite simply it is one of the messages MC has got wrong mostly because his communication is poor ... and it has hurt support of the club

. i didn't say that either ... but there are people that dropped their support (partially or fully) because of the message he sent

. constantly accusing people of making MC out to be the enemy whenever somebody criticises his actions is unfair too

. it's also easy to argue that the club wouldn't be here if not for the thousands that have continued to turn up to matches on the coast this year (and years past) ... and that was my point
So MC is responsible for the interpretation of what he says now? He seemed pretty clear with each message - it's not his fault if the media twists what he actually (or in some cases just invent it), nor is it his fault if fans deliberately use word of mouth to disseminate incorrect information.

Wombat

So MC is responsible for the interpretation of what he says now? He seemed pretty clear with each message - it's not his fault if the media twists what he actually (or in some cases just invent it), nor is it his fault if fans deliberately use word of mouth to disseminate incorrect information.

Wake up Timmah.
Do you work in PR for the Labor party?

Wombat

Where else can you been trained so well to tell people the health benefits of the shit sandwich you are about to feed them??

Forum Phoenix

I think Bikini's post is fair. MC has clearly made some errors in judgement in the past and he has been strongly criticised for them. But what really matters 'NOW' is that lessons certainly appear to have been learnt and we are moving forward. So I for one am happy with his intentions and thought he was very good on the podcast, so don't see anything positive to be gained by agitating for a new owner or focusing on issues we are mercifully past.

Time to look forward.

So please sign Wilko and a marquee #10 asap thanks CCM, so we can know we have something to look forward to.
:tophat:

Timmah

Wait on, not condemning Charlesworth makes me a Labor Party PR person?

What sort of awful logic is that?

Or isn't anyone entitled to disagree with the consensus?

Here I was thinking forums were here for others to challenge each others ideas with opinions...

pjennings

Wait on, not condemning Charlesworth makes me a Labor Party PR person?

What sort of awful logic is that?

Or isn't anyone entitled to disagree with the consensus?

Here I was thinking forums were here for others to challenge each others ideas with opinions...

:thumbup: It is - keep challenging!! Not everyone will agree with you - but that's the point.

Last edited by a moderator:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred