• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Scum v Mariners (HAL round 1)

Gav...

I must admit although devastating i am more then pleased with a draw. We had a number of our first 11 players out and a couple of inexperience defenders.
Da'puzzo & Bojic will learn alot from last nights game and will continue to improve with the more game time they get.
They were alot of positives to come out of this game, firstly Matty Simon scoring his first goal, the mariners scoring there first goal at EAS since Nov. 2006, the run and attack that Elrich & Caceres can do. Nik Mrdja playing a few more minutes, Sasho, although he didnt score he was playing on his own up front and put alot of pressure on the jets defence. Porter ran his heart out for the whole game, the penalty he give away was a tired challenge. Wilko didnt play his best but he put his body on the line and got battered and brusied for stopping shots.

With players like Macca, Heff, Gumps, Mile & Boogs to comed back into this team, i think we have the players and depth to go one better this year and have a decent dig at the championship.

MrCelery

My summary of the match:

Enema Stadium is still a shit hole. A demountable parking lot, with a weedy rutted pitch. 'Escaping' this dodgy ground to the south is seriously suss, with thousands having to cross a drainage canal in single file, or else risk disease at the bottom of the drain. Even their much vaunted 'new improvements' to the ground in the south western corner are a total joke. They've built their vehicular entrance to the field where premium seats should be, rather than in the corner!
The game - probably a fair result. We played shite for quite a bit of the second half, and looked very predicatble, and couldn't defend a lead for more than a few minutes. Danny was commanding in the box as usual, but his kicking was aweful. The new players did OK. Good to see Matty on the scoresheet so early. Better to come I think. The scum were aweful in the first half. The 'new Jardel' was unimressive, although some of his passes were good. He'll improve to be better than Jardel, but that's hardly a compliment. The tubby sackerwacker did'nt impress.
The supporters - Apart from the TIFO - Scum who? Deathly quiet for most of the match, even with the wind in their favour. Jets fans I know confirmed that the only good singing was coming from the 'wet hill'. I had acute laryngitis so couln't talk much less sing. But the rest of the smallish band of yellow were awesome in the second half, and sang loud and proud nonstop. Well done.
All up - Never satisfied without all three points, but a point pinched away, and two points denied the Scum - a good result.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Oh, that reminds me - what the hall is with the testicle-toucher's poofy little bleached wannabe-mohawk thing?  Christ he looks like an inbred bogan.  It's the sort of hair 'style' you'd expect from some angsty 14 yr old trying to look full 'ard. 

Bear

Deej said:
As for the star, yes it was upside down, but I give credit where it's due, the small group who made it in such a short period of time they did a great job!

Deej, it had nothing to do with how long it took to make, its the same flag they had at the gf, its simply that they unfurled it upside down. Major stuff up. Thats like if we unfurled the shirt banner the wrong way up, those c**ts would be giving it to us.

Teddy Bear

after working in Sydney, went to the leagues club to watch he game only to find the kendall bar shut and the big screen in the other bar had the league on it. Only place to watch the game was on one of the smaller TV's.

When we asked why they couldn't open the Kendall bar to show the game they told us the marinators had instructed them not open it as they wanted as many people in Newcastle as possible. Too hard to watch it on the smaller screen with my eye sight and ended up going home. Is this for real that the marinators told them not to open the kendall bar?

FFC Mariner

Teddy Bear said:
after working in Sydney, went to the leagues club to watch he game only to find the kendall bar shut and the big screen in the other bar had the league on it. Only place to watch the game was on one of the smaller TV's.

When we asked why they couldn't open the Kendall bar to show the game they told us the marinators had instructed them not open it as they wanted as many people in Newcastle as possible. Too hard to watch it on the smaller screen with my eye sight and ended up going home. Is this for real that the marinators told them not to open the kendall bar?

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and refute that slander.

Do you honestly think that a mere sub club of CCLC has the power (or slightest interest) in closing a bar just to make people go to Newcastle??

I am quite sure that you demanded to see the duty manager (and got their name) and can give full details or we can expect you to take this back.

If this is in any way true, you surely didnt just shrug your shoulders and wander home??

Provide details or simply f**k off

Arabmariner

Greenpoleffc said:
Teddy Bear said:

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and refute that slander.

Do you honestly think that a mere sub club of CCLC has the power (or slightest interest) in closing a bar just to make people go to Newcastle??

I am quite sure that you demanded to see the duty manager (and got their name) and can give full details or we can expect you to take this back.

If this is in any way true, you surely didnt just shrug your shoulders and wander home??

Provide details or simply f**k off
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and make an educated guess...............

2.07am Sunday.

Greenpoles been on the ales.

Fulhams just been f**ked by Hull City (the Hamilton Accies of the EPL)

Greenpole reads TB's post.

Cranky,pissed Greenpole!!

;)

Auburn Mariner

Again, I disagree, I love going to the NISC. Great atmosphere, admittedly things still to be done, but the place is full of history and I will always cherish my time there (note; I was fortunate enough to attend the Earthquake Relief Concert there in Feb 1990, 47000 people, AMAZING experience).

The new SW corner looks pretty good, and was christened by an almighty blue involving 10 coppers (source: Ground Security). Well spotted Rowdy.

Why would the Marinators INSTRUCT the Duty staff to NOT screen the game? What a crock of poop!!! We have battled for YEARS to get A-League and International games on there, so that excuse is seriously pathetic. Not everyone can get to a Friday Night game, the Club is OUR HOME, we want all the support we can get.

Also, sub-clubs of CCLC DO NOT tell CCLC staff which Bar to open. Fact. That is the right & duty of Duty Managers.

I enjoyed the game, where we battled hard for a deserved point. Penalty was correct decision. Their Korean is very dangerous, especially from the set piece.

I have missed the football so much. It is very pleasing to see the same people gather for our fourth season, except seeing that young muppet KaneWillow with a JB & Cola was not good (the little bugger is now 18 and what made matters worse was that I was driving!!). How can KaneWillow be 18, I'm going fair dinkum senile!!!

Bring on the Bling!!

marinermick

Capn Gus Bloodbeard said:
The radio coverage was just confusing.  All I heard was Elrich this and D'apuzzo that, I still had no idea what team had the ball! :D

thanks for the feedback gus

we actually talked about the need to use both names before the game but it is always difficult to remember in the heat of the call when you have to relay so much information

was luke's first call as lead commentator in trent's absence - i thought he did a brilliant job in his debut

the bojic of our commentry team!!!

marinermick

have to give credit where credit is due but i thought breeze was pretty much faultless friday night

also liked the fact that he could control the game without the liberal use of cards in contrast to some puzzling cards shields gave last night

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
Why would the Marinators INSTRUCT the Duty staff to NOT screen the game? What a crock of poop!!! We have battled for YEARS to get A-League and International games on there, so that excuse is seriously pathetic. Not everyone can get to a Friday Night game, the Club is OUR HOME, we want all the support we can get.

Also, sub-clubs of CCLC DO NOT tell CCLC staff which Bar to open. Fact. That is the right & duty of Duty Managers

Donny parkes and meself found a tele near the jukebox that we could finally hear (at least until the niteclub started with 9 minutes to go and drowned out everything)

one chap did try earlier before kickoff to get those tele's behind the bar volume increased but was told because the bar was gonna be open later they couldnt do it...thats what he said anyway...i'm 100% certain if enough people had asked the kendall would have been opened (no bar service of course)

Donny and myself never even thought about the kendall..hell the lights were out and the door was shut..we just figured it wasnt happening so we hunted down our eventual seating possie...

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

marinermick said:
Capn Gus Bloodbeard said:
The radio coverage was just confusing.  All I heard was Elrich this and D'apuzzo that, I still had no idea what team had the ball! :D

thanks for the feedback gus

we actually talked about the need to use both names before the game but it is always difficult to remember in the heat of the call when you have to relay so much information

was luke's first call as lead commentator in trent's absence - i thought he did a brilliant job in his debut

the bojic of our commentry team!!!

Lol, you take me too seriously mick, I was taking the piss.  The team did a pretty good job of separating the two.  Considering there was always another player - 'Hutchinson passes the ball to Elrich' and so forth, it wasn't too difficult.

Funnily enough the match sounded a lot more physical and exciting on the radio than the TV :p

I agree with you about Breeze, he did well - especially after last season when he was prone to overreaction, or being so determined to not give cards out that he'd lose control (like the semi final).  There weren't too many hard challenges anyway, but he IS good at talking to the players to try and prevent those challenges.  I've always believed he's got the potential to be far better than Shield - if Rd 1 is anything to go by, perhaps we'll have him reffing us in the GF this year? :p

Bear

Im going into the club tomorrow to have a chat with Charles anyway, ill ask him what was going on with the tv situation.

Auburn Mariner

Breeze could have dished out more cards than he did, all credit to him, it being the F3 Derby and all. Penalty was the correct call.

I am yet to be convinced overall, especially at Bluetongue (he does not seem to go well at our place), but hopefully his performance last night is the catalyst for a good V4.

I will state this for the record; if we get a 50-50 split on refereeing calls, then God help the other teams. Test Cricketers call it "the rub of the green", and it is our time for a fair go.

I would never ask for or expect favouritism, but none of us EVER want a repeat of the last 5 farcical minutes of the GF.

I will happily cop penalties and red cards for our lads if is the correct ruling, but examples such as the James Holland "Hand of the Hunter" in the GF and Brad Porter's ridiculous send-off must be eliminated.

To be fair, "Santa Claus" Mrdja's tackle on Durante should have got 8 weeks AT LEAST, so let's hope that Breeze's mates can follow his lead.

Bear

Well red cards can be challenged this year, so we wont see a repeat of the Porter send off last year. However, no amount of coaching or training will make Shield a better ref, so im sure if we make another gf, we again will be f**ked

Jeff (LouMacari)

TBH, the situation with the Kendall bar not being open during an away match to scum has ALWAYS been the case as most fans travel there seeing as it's close. Same with Sydney?

The cclc will open the kendall for us and even put on bar staff if we have enough numbers to make it worth while (80 or so?)

If we know there are going to be reasonable numbers wanting the kendall bar opened just so we can watch the game on the big screen without bar staff, we can ask charles to organise it and there probably wouldn't be a problem, but seriously, I can't see them opening it just for a couple of people!

I guess the theory is, if you can get down to the cclc to watch the game, you can probably get to EAS to watch the game? (that was a guess folks!)

In future, if you know your'e not going to make it to eas or syd fc and there's enough of you, then get some organisation happening or tell one of the Marinators club committee and we'll speak to the cclc.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred