• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Scum v Mariners (HAL round 1)

Wombat

I'll offer a few comments.

We didn't go to the game (due to work problems) but thought the Marinators did a good job considering the relatively small numbers and you went off when we scored! On T.V. could often hear you guys chanting more than the scummers.

Regarding the game we were poor but considering the cattle we had out there it was no surprise and a draw was a good result.
Danny was solid but his clearances are horrendous...needs to wrap his foot around the ball a bit more.
Clarky was effective but I wouldn't like to see him starting too often.
D'Apuzzo didn't look as good as his brother but shows some promise.
Bojic and Wilko were immense.
Elrich looks like a useful signing.
Porter is improving but as always is suspect in defence and the tackle for the penalty was technically very poor.
Osman...looked rusty but great to have him back.
Hutcho...been taking diving leasons from Griffiths! Average game.
Sasho tried hard but needs support.
Caceras looks like a good player but can be a tad lazy but better than Kwas imho.
Brilliant to see Matty Simon excellent header (not offside) get the monkey off his back and shut my missis up who kept telling me he was never going to score.

Atomic

Auburn Mariner said:
Breeze could have dished out more cards than he did, all credit to him, it being the F3 Derby and all. Penalty was the correct call.

I am yet to be convinced overall, especially at Bluetongue (he does not seem to go well at our place), but hopefully his performance last night is the catalyst for a good V4.

I will state this for the record; if we get a 50-50 split on refereeing calls, then God help the other teams. Test Cricketers call it "the rub of the green", and it is our time for a fair go.

I would never ask for or expect favouritism, but none of us EVER want a repeat of the last 5 farcical minutes of the GF.

I will happily cop penalties and red cards for our lads if is the correct ruling, but examples such as the James Holland "Hand of the Hunter" in the GF and Brad Porter's ridiculous send-off must be eliminated.

To be fair, "Santa Claus" Mrdja's tackle on Durante should have got 8 weeks AT LEAST, so let's hope that Breeze's mates can follow his lead.

But what about all of us conspiracy theorists who like to think Lowy, Kosmina and Breeze form an unholy trinity out to sink the Mariners at all costs? A 50-50 split on refereeing call will ruin our seasons ;)

Teddy Bear

Jeff (LouMacari) said:
TBH, the situation with the Kendall bar not being open during an away match to scum has ALWAYS been the case as most fans travel there seeing as it's close. Same with Sydney?

The cclc will open the kendall for us and even put on bar staff if we have enough numbers to make it worth while (80 or so?)

If we know there are going to be reasonable numbers wanting the kendall bar opened just so we can watch the game on the big screen without bar staff, we can ask charles to organise it and there probably wouldn't be a problem, but seriously, I can't see them opening it just for a couple of people!

I guess the theory is, if you can get down to the cclc to watch the game, you can probably get to EAS to watch the game? (that was a guess folks!)

In future, if you know your'e not going to make it to eas or syd fc and there's enough of you, then get some organisation happening or tell one of the Marinators club committee and we'll speak to the cclc.

They first of all offered us the kendall bar with screen only and no bar staff if we had enough people. Went around and asked everyone sitting with mariners gear on if they would go into the kendall which they said they would (about 30 people)

The duty manager then came over to us and gave us the marinators story about asking the club to not open the kendall bar to show the game. Didn't wright down his name but I'm sure it would be easy to work out who the duty manager was at 8.00 on a Friday night.

Working in Sydney all week Jeff and getting home after 6, the leagues club was the best option for us to support the mariners.

FFC Mariner

Danny looks to have changed his kicking style this season.

He was using the S American style but has reverted to the more usual drop kick this year. his kicking has always been a bit iffy but is was absolutely terrible on Friday

Bear

Sonic_beats_Mario said:
Was it only me or was everyone else really annoyed by the comments made by the commentators on Friday night? Simon Hill especially

Was at the game, so have no idea what comments your talking about. Care to share?

Sonic_beats_Mario

Bearinator, i guess the only way to describe it was that it was worse than normal. Despite anything we did on the field Simon Hill never had anything positive to say.

They just seem to have no respect and dont rate our team at all! In the end i muted it so we have some peace from the abuse

Newieutd

Sonic_beats_Mario said:
Bearinator, i guess the only way to describe it was that it was worse than normal. Despite anything we did on the field Simon Hill never had anything positive to say.

They just seem to have no respect and dont rate our team at all! In the end i muted it so we have some peace from the abuse

He is just negative. No bias for either team

Aden

Sonic_beats_Mario said:

Simon Hill is the best commentator in the country

FFC Mariner

Aden said:
Sonic_beats_Mario said:

Simon Hill is the best commentator in the country

Also an easy game to whinge about, both of us were crap

brett

I watched the replay and thought Simon Hill was fair in his description of a poor game, while Robbie Slater seemed to be biased ie Tarek Elrich "unlucky" not to score at one end but the other end the Jets were "very lucky" not to concede when Hutcho did a similar attempt. One example of a few.

Fact is though we were there to expertly stifle them and make a poor game of it. We did that well until Mrdja came on at left wing and got sucked out wide when tracking back instead of following his man - Elrich. Then Porter's tackle was a shocker - but it shouldn't have made it that far (a bit like Aus vs Italy).

marinermick

brett said:
I watched the replay and thought Simon Hill was fair in his description of a poor game, while Robbie Slater seemed to be biased ie Tarek Elrich "unlucky" not to score at one end but the other end the Jets were "very lucky" not to concede when Hutcho did a similar attempt. One example of a few.

Fact is though we were there to expertly stifle them and make a poor game of it. We did that well until Mrdja came on at left wing and got sucked out wide when tracking back instead of following his man - Elrich. Then Porter's tackle was a shocker - but it shouldn't have made it that far (a bit like Aus vs Italy).

wasn't mrdja's fault because we went to a 4-4-2 in the last twenty minutes - first carceras up front then nik for him

it was only in this last twenty minutes that tarek was given the freedom to go forward because he was not marking the left winger at the time in carceras

in this time tarek almost latched on to a griffiths cross and earned his team a penalty

in hindsight we should have stuck to the 4-5-1, and it is only when we went more attacking we became more exposed

mind you, we may have not scored without two strikers

Sacko

1 point was a good enough start to the season.

From the replay Matt was on side, as he was at least level and even he couldn't miss from there! ;) Let's hope he now has the confidence in front of goal to prove me wrong over the season...

It was a def penalty, even I could see that at the time with my beer goggles on which was a shame for Porter as he had a great game in the PSC against SFC and solid game on Friday up to that lazy tackle.

T'was a good trip over all, but I'm still having nightmares about Fish's driving  :piralaugh:

brett

marinermick said:
brett said:

wasn't mrdja's fault because we went to a 4-4-2 in the last twenty minutes - first carceras up front then nik for him

it was only in this last twenty minutes that tarek was given the freedom to go forward because he was not marking the left winger at the time in carceras

in this time tarek almost latched on to a griffiths cross and earned his team a penalty

in hindsight we should have stuck to the 4-5-1, and it is only when we went more attacking we became more exposed

mind you, we may have not scored without two strikers

Tarek is making a habit of those killer runs in the last 20 - they are a real asset to their team.

I think Mrdja did track back on the penalty play, credit to him for that, but got sucked wide instead of going inside with Tarek. Hard to blame him. Fact is if we had the cattle we would have kept the shape we had and probably held them out.

I propose that we would have scored anyway because it was from a corner...but would we have earned the corner? etc. Overall you have to live what the variables threw up and we're happy with a draw, but it's still interesting to wonder what the gaffer will highlight on the video during the week.

Actually, he should just replay the farkin PSC Bozza match.

northernspirit

Arabmariner said:
pommypete said:
crap turn out by the Marinators
But a good performance by those that were there :thumbup:
im sure plenty of people were on the same boat as us, i didnt home from work in sydney till 7.30 and thus had no chance of making it there - sadly had to watch it on fox sports... its much easier on a saturday or sunday... fri night in sydney is ok for me as i work in the city and can make it no problems

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred