• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Round Three Local Thread

Part_Timer

morisset united vs charlestown azzuri

ressies 2-0 convincing win played good football on the ground in what was a mini wind storm

firsts 1-1 led for most of game only to be done on a counter attack last 10

BAD BULLZ

Kanwal had a good day at the office today :thumbup:

AA1's beat east gosford 2-1
21's beat gosford 3-1?
ressies beat gosford 3-0
1sts beat gosford 1-0 :thumbup:
:eek:verhead: :eek:verhead: :eek:verhead: :eek:verhead: :eek:verhead: :eek:verhead: :eek:verhead: :eek:verhead: :eek:verhead:

Caceras n Owens(or at least that twin bloke) were at gossie today i think.

hilly1981

MAA9

Doyalson 3 def Kariong 0

Played at Kariong and it was very windy. Made playing a bit more challenging thats for sure :)

marinermick

PubBrawler said:
Maa5 Avoca 3 Def Ourimbah 0 was a good clean game, i think it came down to fitness at the end. And i got denied a goal from 40 meters out that came of the inside of the goal bar, would of been goal of the year i recon bloody blind ref!

great shot, but it was actually saved by bear

yeah it was a good game and our boys tired after running into the gale first half and found that the wind swung around at halftime

your number ten is a gun and could easily be playing premier league

PubBrawler

marinermick said:
PubBrawler said:
Maa5 Avoca 3 Def Ourimbah 0 was a good clean game, i think it came down to fitness at the end. And i got denied a goal from 40 meters out that came of the inside of the goal bar, would of been goal of the year i recon bloody blind ref!

yeah it was a good game and our boys tired after running into the gale first half and found that the wind swung around at halftime

yer he had a good game, 2 header goals did well, your striker with the pony tail is dangerous but needs another striker with speed to help him out, he was the biggest danger at the back, why didn,t you play mick?

marinermick

PubBrawler said:
marinermick said:
PubBrawler said:

yer he had a good game, 2 header goals did well, your striker with the pony tail is dangerous but needs another striker with speed to help him out, he was the biggest danger at the back, why didn,t you play mick?

hammy and calf inury - out for four weeks

shame because i would have kicked the shit out of the number ten and maybe yourself if you got near me ;-)

little adz with the pony tail is a good player but he is so unpredictable it is hard to have anyone partner him

marinermick

Men's PL results:

BUDGEWOI 3 DOYALSON 0
EAST GOSFORD 1 UMINA 0
KANWAL 1 GOSFORD CITY 0
WYOMING 2 KINCUMBER 0
BERKELEY VALE 3 THE ENTRANCE 0

Kareem

OUFC vs Woy Woy
Reserve Grade          4-1 win
WOW- that was a suprising result. We played really well
Nothing to say- just brilliant

1st grade              4-1 loss
We dominated easily 1st half was leading 1-0 only til penalty before halftime (1-1 HT).
Then our 2 best defenders (IMO) had to come off (injuries etc.)- shook us up and we got down 2-1 from a mariners type corner (free header)(good header)
Then a red card to captain and they punished us. Well played by Woy Woy. Found out defensive insecurities.

hasbeen

marinermick said:
Men's PL results:

BUDGEWOI 3 DOYALSON 0
EAST GOSFORD 1 UMINA 0
KANWAL 1 GOSFORD CITY 0
WYOMING 2 KINCUMBER 0

i watched the EGO v UMINA game, and EGO's goal was about as offside as is possible in a game of football. The linesman was either corrupt or incompetent, and certainly should never be given a look in at a big game again. Fortunately (if that's the right word, cos it won't get Umina any points back), the ref's assessor was there watching and takes the appropriate action against this appalling excuse for a linesman.

J

jiggles

Note to self.

Don't play when you have a chest infection. It fails.

Fkn Avoca bitch...calls me a f**king bitch when she tripped over me and goes "Can't you see I've got bad knees, f**king bitch!"....

If your knees are that f**king bad, don't f**king play.

Douche.

W

Wilson

hasbeen said:
marinermick said:
Men's PL results:

BUDGEWOI 3 DOYALSON 0
EAST GOSFORD 1 UMINA 0
KANWAL 1 GOSFORD CITY 0
WYOMING 2 KINCUMBER 0

i watched the EGO v UMINA game, and EGO's goal was about as offside as is possible in a game of football. The linesman was either corrupt or incompetent, and certainly should never be given a look in at a big game again. Fortunately (if that's the right word, cos it won't get Umina any points back), the ref's assessor was there watching and takes the appropriate action against this appalling excuse for a linesman.

Was he a young referee'a assisitant

hasbeen

Wilson said:
hasbeen said:
marinermick said:
Men's PL results:

BUDGEWOI 3 DOYALSON 0
EAST GOSFORD 1 UMINA 0
KANWAL 1 GOSFORD CITY 0
WYOMING 2 KINCUMBER 0

Yeh, about 18 ish I suppose. The offside wasn't the only thing though, on a number of occasions the ref gave a throw-in the wrong way when he was partially unsighted, but the linesman who had a clear view didn't even help by putting his flag up and making a decision. The ref's assessor was there but on the other side of the park so don't know how much he saw ...

W

Wilson

hasbeen said:
Wilson said:
hasbeen said:
marinermick said:
Men's PL results:

BUDGEWOI 3 DOYALSON 0
EAST GOSFORD 1 UMINA 0
KANWAL 1 GOSFORD CITY 0
WYOMING 2 KINCUMBER 0

Yeh, about 18 ish I suppose. The offside wasn't the only thing though, on a number of occasions the ref gave a throw-in the wrong way when he was partially unsighted, but the linesman who had a clear view didn't even help by putting his flag up and making a decision. The ref's assessor was there but on the other side of the park so don't know how much he saw ...

I am glad that you just said that. The young Ref's assistants seem to be too scared to make a decision. On sunday at the game I was at, I asked the assistant why he did not inform the ref of a foul he said and I quote "I can't it's not my durastiction". This was the second week I had heard such from a young assistant. I no the official's haver certain area's that they are supposed to cover. But it was right in front of us and a clear foul he even said to me it was but he felt he could not inform the older more experienced referee

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

In premier league games, The referee is supposed to report on the performance of his assistants back to the board - 'word of mouth' holds a lot of sway (we can't inspect everybody, every week), and this feedback can affect future reports.

Assuming the appointments haven't changed since first drawn up, the first grade ref is a board member anyway - and the young AR in question is a first year ref....or possibly a 2nd year ref. 

Why are such referees given roles on the lines in PL?  Maybe nobody else was available, or maybe somebody else had given positive feedback.  While a single bad decision may not be enough to affect future appointments - after all, we've all missed blatant offsides or other infringements (we're only human after all), if he generally wasn't confident, then that should be provided in the feedback.  If the ref's assessor wasn't in line for the offside, then he might not be sure if it was missed anyway - you can't tell a damn thing with offsides when you're further down the pitch, and a player who looks 10 yards off may well be 5 yards on. 

So yes, performance will (well, should - assuming the feedback is actually provided) will affect future performances.

As for 'jurisdiction on the field' - well, basically the AR has to figure out if the ref had a good view, or if the AR had a better view.  If he thinks the ref had a clear view, then he should leave it - so sometimes, even right in front, the ref may have a clear view and the AR will leave it - although usually the closer to the AR, the more the ref will depend on the AR for the foul, unless he feels like he's had a decent view, or he thinks the AR has left it to him.  Teamwork between refs is tricky, and it's a tough balance to get right. 

Often on the line I've had offences happen some 40-50m away, and spectators asking me why I didn't flag.  That far away, it's certainly within the referee's jurisdiction, and if the ref hasn't called it it's probably because his angle said something different.  From that distance, the AR would only call it if he's adamant that the ref has missed something due to his angle (very, very rare case - normally you'd just assume the ref's view was better), or if the ref was looking over to you for help.  9/10 if the AR flags for something that's happened more within the refs 'territory', he's just interfering.

And then it comes down to confidence - it can take years for a young AR to develop the confidence to call fouls from the line.  That's fair enough, and I always tell them the best place to start is calling the real blatant ones the ref's going to call anyway, then you can build up to calling the things the ref's missed.  Really, the ref should find out the AR's confidence level before the match and take that into account.

As for throw-ins, AR's are generally told that if the ref signals first, just go with him even if you disagree.  That's why, when the AR has a better view, the ref should hesitate first.  If the ref's signalled straight away, then the AR's just supposed to agree, not offer a different opinion.

Then sometimes you just know you've got the kind of ref who isn't going to listen to you anyway, so why bother...

bradley

Capn Gus Bloodbeard said:
In premier league games, The referee is supposed to report on the performance of his assistants back to the board - 'word of mouth' holds a lot of sway (we can't inspect everybody, every week), and this feedback can affect future reports.

Assuming the appointments haven't changed since first drawn up, the first grade ref is a board member anyway - and the young AR in question is a first year ref....or possibly a 2nd year ref. 

Why are such referees given roles on the lines in PL?  Maybe nobody else was available, or maybe somebody else had given positive feedback.  While a single bad decision may not be enough to affect future appointments - after all, we've all missed blatant offsides or other infringements (we're only human after all), if he generally wasn't confident, then that should be provided in the feedback.  If the ref's assessor wasn't in line for the offside, then he might not be sure if it was missed anyway - you can't tell a damn thing with offsides when you're further down the pitch, and a player who looks 10 yards off may well be 5 yards on. 

So yes, performance will (well, should - assuming the feedback is actually provided) will affect future performances.

As for 'jurisdiction on the field' - well, basically the AR has to figure out if the ref had a good view, or if the AR had a better view.  If he thinks the ref had a clear view, then he should leave it - so sometimes, even right in front, the ref may have a clear view and the AR will leave it - although usually the closer to the AR, the more the ref will depend on the AR for the foul, unless he feels like he's had a decent view, or he thinks the AR has left it to him.  Teamwork between refs is tricky, and it's a tough balance to get right. 

Often on the line I've had offences happen some 40-50m away, and spectators asking me why I didn't flag.  That far away, it's certainly within the referee's jurisdiction, and if the ref hasn't called it it's probably because his angle said something different.  From that distance, the AR would only call it if he's adamant that the ref has missed something due to his angle (very, very rare case - normally you'd just assume the ref's view was better), or if the ref was looking over to you for help.  9/10 if the AR flags for something that's happened more within the refs 'territory', he's just interfering.

And then it comes down to confidence - it can take years for a young AR to develop the confidence to call fouls from the line.  That's fair enough, and I always tell them the best place to start is calling the real blatant ones the ref's going to call anyway, then you can build up to calling the things the ref's missed.  Really, the ref should find out the AR's confidence level before the match and take that into account.

As for throw-ins, AR's are generally told that if the ref signals first, just go with him even if you disagree.  That's why, when the AR has a better view, the ref should hesitate first.  If the ref's signalled straight away, then the AR's just supposed to agree, not offer a different opinion.

Then sometimes you just know you've got the kind of ref who isn't going to listen to you anyway, so why bother...

thats a problem that young AR's face, sometimes the ref in the middle doesnt listen to you anyways.... and also depends on the referees instructions at the start of the game, ive been on the line for some games where the ref has instructed me to just nod etc if u see a foul rather than flagging it.... soooo

also confidence is a major issue for young ARs, if they arn't confident in there decisions how can the ref in the middle be???

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

That's one thing I always tell the young guys - they're not just selling their decisions to the players and spectators, but to the ref.  If they don't look confident, even the ref won't have faith in them and will depend on the AR less.

But heck, it isn't just the young AR's that face the problem of refs that won't listen, some referees are just difficult to work with, as an AR - this occurs across all grades.

And you're right about the instructions - if the ref tells the AR not to signal fouls, then he doesn't signal for fouls.  Only signal the ref with a nod?  That's a ref who automatically doesn't have too much faith in his assistants, but then again, maybe he's been burnt too many times by AR's flagging for the wrong thing.

A lot of referees will tell you it's harder being a good AR than a good ref.... (maybe it's just because half of them can't keep up with some of those bloody strikers.... :p)

Ben

we had something like that with a young assistant ref who was overruled on an offside call which the assistant said was onside but the ref said it was offside and the AR then missed another blatant offside, we thought that nerves may have gotten to him because he had been overruled already

W

Wilson

Capn Gus Bloodbeard said:

So your telling me that that's FIFA's guidelines??

Ted

Sat - R3
9:00.....Killarney 13B v Avoca at Fagans.
12:45...Killarney 35C v Shelly Beach Fossils at Killarney.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred