• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Round Three Local Thread

Ted

What a season we are having... I missed R1 with broken ribs, we have one player who has not even walked on the pitch due to shin splints, big Phil has been diagnosed with bakers cyst from what looks to be a torn ACL and we also have another player still on suspension from our R1 clash against woy woy..  :-\

marinermick

Ted said:
What a season we are having... I missed R1 with broken ribs, we have one player who has not even walked on the pitch due to shin splints, big Phil has been diagnosed with bakers cyst from what looks to be a torn ACL and we also have another player still on suspension from our R1 clash against woy woy..   :-\

that's what happens when you let old men play football

we have our keeper out 3-4 weeks with a quad injury and i am in a similar boat with a hammy injury

Ted

marinermick said:
Ted said:
What a season we are having... I missed R1 with broken ribs, we have one player who has not even walked on the pitch due to shin splints, big Phil has been diagnosed with bakers cyst from what looks to be a torn ACL and we also have another player still on suspension from our R1 clash against woy woy..  :-\

that's what happens when you let old men play football

we have our keeper out 3-4 weeks with a quad injury and i am in a similar boat with a hammy injury

Only one of the above problems is probably due to age and thats Phils injury. My ribs broke when I had a 'rather large defender' fall on top of me in a trial game and the player with shin splints is in his late 20s.

I do hope Phils bakers cyst is due to arthritis and not due to a torn cruciate. a few games on the side line is better than several months or worse..

Can anyone answer this though:

Player cops a 1 game ban due to 2 yellows in one game. He serves the one game to be told he has 2 extra games (total 3) to sit out due to abuse after game. He lodges an appeal against the extended ban, but hears nothing from the judiciary before the next kick off.

Can or cant he play?

If successful with his appeal then he has sat out an extra game when he actually has the right to play. But, if not successful he has played when he shouldnt have. Again though he could still sit out 2 games and honour the extra 2 game ban. Once a game is missed pretty hard to get it back.

razza

he can't play mate. If he plays, you guys can potentially lose any points picked up in the games he has played in. While in saying that, appeals seems to take forever to hear the result

Ted

razza said:
he can't play mate. If he plays, you guys can potentially lose any points picked up in the games he has played in. While in saying that, appeals seems to take forever to hear the result

cheers razza, he has decided to withdraw his appeal due to the length of time it takes to front the judiciary anyway. Pointless appealing it after already sitting out games...

mariners4ever

lost 4-1(might've been 5) against wyong last night. they outplayed us for the whole game used their subs well and had excellent team play. whereas us, had no subs, unfit, and had players who didnt pass the ball earlier enough

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Ted - AFAIK, suspensions will always stand pending appeal.  So, not having heard back, I'd say the suspension stands until then.

Your best bet is to call the junior/senior rep for your club though.

Surprised to see CCF handing out suspensions for post-match abuse, but then again we certainly can't accuse them of being consistent.

I'm curious as to why people appeal for these matters, though, when they know they've done wrong?

Usually hearings occur pretty quickly, though it will depend upon the availability of the judiciary members, the player, and the referee/s (well, that's if they bother to take the latter into account - I once sent off a player who copped a year, appealed, I couldn't make the date so they didn't bother holding it and just scrapped his additional suspension altogether.  A year down to a week, without stepping foot outside the house!).

Must not rant when somebody mentions judiciary....must not rant when somebody mentions judiciary.....must not rant when somebody mentions judiciary....

Ben

budgie AA6's drew 2 all with woy woy, budgie came back from 2 nil down at half time, draw was a fair result for both teams

PubBrawler

Maa5 Avoca 3 Def Ourimbah 0 was a good clean game, i think it came down to fitness at the end. And i got denied a goal from 40 meters out that came of the inside of the goal bar, would of been goal of the year i recon bloody blind ref!

trev

Aceventura19 said:
budgie AA6's drew 2 all with woy woy, budgie came back from 2 nil down at half time, draw was a fair result for both teams
and some cockhead stole my f**king new phone

T

Gos WAA5N drew in a very windy game 2 all... each goal scored was answered within 5mins by one from the other side

grecquemariner

trev said:
Aceventura19 said:

It was a great game. Pitty the ref was rubbish. His calls on both sides were complete crap.

trev

grecquemariner said:
trev said:
Aceventura19 said:

It was a great game. Pitty the ref was rubbish. His calls on both sides were complete crap.
yeah great game 2 sides that will be in the finals imo

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred