• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Round six - local league thread

hasbeen

Kareem said:
hasbeen said:
Kareem said:
Friday Night- Ourimbah vs Umina... My own personal derby. I know every single player in their team and they all know me! I will not be allowed time on the ball, will be pushed off the ball and will be the last person they let score a goal- result: we will probs kill them if we do that (as I am not the best player on my team and the others will just walk thru if Umina do that...:p). I think we should win (2nd vs 9th-aka last). Most players on their team have threatned to hurt me so it should be fun!!!

I wouldn't worry too much about being threatened with being hurt ... the Umina 18B's are a good bunch of lads and don't hurt dumb animals.
go and get a life! I am glad to that I have left Umina if it means leaving idiots like you behind. 1/2 the club are decent but its the other half I cant stand
And bull that the 18B's are a good bunch of lads. A few of them are genuine nice guys (who apparently dont make threats against me), others are the ones who take it personal i left the team. I would like to see any one of them try to lay a hand on me- my team has my back!

On a positive note- Umina RB and RM whom i will be most likely dealing with (im left sided player) are friends of mine with the RB bein the nicest guy ever and the RM a good mate of mine! (so for most of the match I will be safe :p)

Jeez, that's the last time I say anything tongue in cheek.

Far from most players on the Umina side wanting to hurt you, Kareem, I would expect that the vast majority couldn't care less whether you are playing or not. Certainly the ones I know haven't even mentioned it. You need to lose some of your self importance buddy ... no wonder you're always setting yourself up for a fall (something I might add that you are EXTREMELY good at).

marinermick

MarinaTed said:
marinermick said:
killarney aa2 v woy woy at home 9am

i am out for this because of breeze like refereeing

What happened Mick?

MarinaTed said:
Killarney 14Bs vs Berkeley @ Kurraba Oval - 12:30.

We will again be down on numbers so a win is probably wishful thinking..

Since posting, I found out at training we will have 11 players for this game with out borrowing any. Here's hoping a win comes our way...

read the round five thread

BAD BULLZ

Oiy "superstar"
I dont know if it applys to you cause you under 18's but apparently the rules have been changed this year if you play 5 games up for any teams after the 5th whomever that is you have to stay up.you use to be able play 4 games for each team above you but 5th game you couldn't go back down just watch out you might not be able to play 18s if you keep playin other grades.stupid rule completly fkd my plans for this season.

insert "GREY" area ::) Once you have played the maximum games for other teams so your forced to stay with um lets say aa5's are you aloud to play another 4games up at a higher level?
Anybody help??

oh and playin 3games in a day isn't that hard i did 3 back 2 back before the rain with bout 10mins on the bench for the whole time.A Fit little 18yr old like yaself will do it easy.

Kareem

Didnt realise u were talkin to me until i reread
I already confirmed with CCF...as long as AI play my game on the Friday I can play every game of season with any AA of my choice. We have a player dual reigstered with 18B's and AA7.
I asked this before I played 21s...but looks like there wont be any games at 21s unless they need me (15 in squad).
3 games in one day...u must be a machine (seriously coz I had trouble doin 2)...Last time I played back to back 17b's and 18A's full games and in 2nd half of 18A's I was unable to dribble more than a couple of metres (just didnt have any left in tank)...although am fitter now + AA isnt as high tempo- i dunno
but i wasnt complaining about pplaying 3 games- I sincerey hope I get 3 games as I probs def. need it!

Ted

marinermick said:
MarinaTed said:
marinermick said:
killarney aa2 v woy woy at home 9am

i am out for this because of breeze like refereeing

What happened Mick?

MarinaTed said:
Killarney 14Bs vs Berkeley @ Kurraba Oval - 12:30.

We will again be down on numbers so a win is probably wishful thinking..

Since posting, I found out at training we will have 11 players for this game with out borrowing any. Here's hoping a win comes our way...

read the round five thread

Thanks and done.

hasbeen

Eggy said:
Oiy "superstar"
I dont know if it applys to you cause you under 18's but apparently the rules have been changed this year if you play 5 games up for any teams after the 5th whomever that is you have to stay up.you use to be able play 4 games for each team above you but 5th game you couldn't go back down just watch out you might not be able to play 18s if you keep playin other grades.stupid rule completly fkd my plans for this season.

insert "GREY" area ::) Once you have played the maximum games for other teams so your forced to stay with um lets say aa5's are you aloud to play another 4games up at a higher level?
Anybody help??

oh and playin 3games in a day isn't that hard i did 3 back 2 back before the rain with bout 10mins on the bench for the whole time.A Fit little 18yr old like yaself will do it easy.

17/18's are Juniors so you don't need to dual register.
If you play Friday nght for your team you can play Sunday AA with no restriction.
If you don't play Friday and play AA Sunday it counts as 1 game in the 4 game rule.
Once you reach 4 games (ie you played Sunday but missed Friday 4 times) you can no longer play AA.
Byes / washouts etc ... count as not playing Friday.   

Kareem

9-2 against Umina- WIN!!!
they took early suprise goal and for a moment I was worried (only a moment )...
then I was unmarked at back post to half volleythe equaliser...
and then 5 mins later slid in for my left boot at the end of a shot going wide to take the lead...
we then scored 3 headers (well executed crosses-2- and 1 corner)
and a top corner lob over keeper
they pulled one back by nutting the keeper from long range lol (i've only seen a keeper nuttied from long range and funnily enough it was Umina 18B's 2 years ago).
Game got a bit heated- but I didnt get involved. A bit disspointed with 1 or 2 Ourimbah players- sore winners and 3 or 4 Umina players who were sore losers.
And extremely appaled by keeper!

RADINHO

Kariong U14B beat East gosford (won every Game) 5-2 !yay!  :eek:verhead:

And if MarinTed or AZZA are reading this what is your result and i hope you won.

Ted

Woke this morning thinking 'this could be the day' and I get a call from our sweeper saying his is sick and won't make the game. Seeing as we only had 11 available, meant we were once again at a disadvantage with only 10 players. This forced us to field a 4-4-1 formation.
We were the first to hit the back of the net twice before BV slotted a lucky one in with a 2-1 half time scoreline. In the 2nd half we missed several opportunites and a screamer from half way smacked the cross bar. Several rebounded off the posts and we unlucky to not take the win. An awesome game with a final score of 4-3 in favour of Berkeley.

If we can get to play a game with a FULL TEAM things may just go our way for a change.

Ted

RADINHO said:
Kariong U14B beat East gosford (won every Game) 5-2 !yay!  :eek:verhead:

And if MarinTed or AZZA are reading this what is your result and i hope you won.

congrats on the win

RADINHO

MarinaTed said:
Woke this morning thinking 'this could be the day' and I get a call from our sweeper saying his is sick and won't make the game. Seeing as we only had 11 available, meant we were once again at a disadvantage with only 10 players. This forced us to field a 4-4-1 formation.
We were the first to hit the back of the net twice before BV slotted a lucky one in with a 2-1 half time scoreline. In the 2nd half we missed several opportunites and a screamer from half way smacked the cross bar. Several rebounded off the posts and we unlucky to not take the win. An awesome game with a final score of 4-3 in favour of Berkeley.

If we can get to play a game with a FULL TEAM things may just go our way for a change.

Yea on the holidays the game we played against Toukely we played with 10 men and just lost but every dog has there day and your will come soon and i think that day will come when you play Umina because their the team we hav had the best score against with a full fair and square team that score was 8-1

Part_Timer

gez ted that must have been a rollercoaster game....my 16b side got up 3-2....after goin up 2-0 in 15 mins they fell asleep and walked in 2-1 at half time and stayed in the shed for another 15 and paid the price togo 2-2 but woke up with 10 to go and fought for a goal and got it in last couple of mins gez i was proud haha....and god its more stressfull being a coach than a player

Kareem

my u13s recieved 1st loss of season- my first loss as a coach. I kept my cool and I mainly just laughed throughout the game to do with 2 facts
1) The fact Toukley are in the 13C's they came last in A's and hence should be in B's but somehow they are in our comp and to win 4-1 against 2nd best team is very interesting indeed
2) some of the calls were dubious to say the least. I didnt have a go at ref...just laughed- Toukley as a club are IMO the roughest on the coast. I had one of the kids older brothers tellin me to return treatment and rough up their best player but thats not my style!
ROFL- one of parents said to me we were playin against 12. I almost had heart attack and started counting the Toukley players until someone pointed out he meant the ref as the 12th man...:p
oh well
Toukley were better but as my GK said "at least we aren't goin trophy hunting!" that said we will probs have to be content in battling for 2nd place

hasbeen

Kareem said:
and then 5 mins later slid in for my left boot at the end of a shot going wide to take the lead...
they pulled one back by nutting the keeper from long range lol (i've only seen a keeper nuttied from long range and funnily enough it was Umina 18B's 2 years ago).
Game got a bit heated- but I didnt get involved. A bit disspointed with 1 or 2 Ourimbah players- sore winners and 3 or 4 Umina players who were sore losers.

"And extremely appaled by keeper!"

Sorry, impossible to reply to this, as I have absolutely no idea what language you are attempting to speak......

hasbeen

Kareem said:
my u13s recieved 1st loss of season- my first loss as a coach. I kept my cool and I mainly just laughed throughout the game to do with 2 facts
1) The fact Toukley are in the 13C's they came last in A's and hence should be in B's but somehow they are in our comp and to win 4-1 against 2nd best team is very interesting indeed
2) some of the calls were dubious to say the least. I didnt have a go at ref...just laughed- Toukley as a club are IMO the roughest on the coast. I had one of the kids older brothers tellin me to return treatment and rough up their best player but thats not my style!
ROFL- one of parents said to me we were playin against 12. I almost had heart attack and started counting the Toukley players until someone pointed out he meant the ref as the 12th man...:p
oh well
Toukley were better but as my GK said "at least we aren't goin trophy hunting!" that said we will probs have to be content in battling for 2nd place

Thank God you put the facts on the table there Kareem, for a moment I thought maybe your kids weren't quite good enough, but obviously it's the CCF grading system at fault. You should complain to the Director of Competitions .. a certain Greg Marsh ...... 

Ted

aussiecross said:
gez ted that must have been a rollercoaster game....my 16b side got up 3-2....after goin up 2-0 in 15 mins they fell asleep and walked in 2-1 at half time and stayed in the shed for another 15 and paid the price togo 2-2 but woke up with 10 to go and fought for a goal and got it in last couple of mins gez i was proud haha....and god its more stressfull being a coach than a player

Yeah, 100% agree with it being more stressful as a coach than a player. Even more so with close games. I thought we were going to finally win one, but it was not to be. Next week we will again be short on players for the game and up against Toukley.... Won't have a full team until the last week of this month and I'll be fully grey or bald by then...  :-\

Kareem

hasbeen said:
Kareem said:

"And extremely appaled by keeper!"

Sorry, impossible to reply to this, as I have absolutely no idea what language you are attempting to speak......
wat u cant understand that...ur brain cant expend itself enough to work it out?
'And I was extremely appalled by the goalkeeper!'

Kareem

hasbeen said:
Kareem said:
oh well

Thank God you put the facts on the table there Kareem, for a moment I thought maybe your kids weren't quite good enough, but obviously it's the CCF grading system at fault. You should complain to the Director of Competitions .. a certain Greg Marsh ...... 
I have never seen my kids try harder...i can hack it when I dont play my best but today my kids did!
And are you telling me the team coming 3rd (2nd if we win game in hand against 9th place) arent good enough. I think everyone knows Toukley are a level above. The way they layed was a mentality totally mindblowing for C's comps. They lacked individual brilliance but knew how to win the game (which is the main thing).
As to the misgrading. I already have whined to greg marsh- buti cant expect him to do anything.
I think its both Toukley and CCF's fault. That said it wont be the worst misgrading in CCF/CCSA! (I remember SEE winnin GF 5-0 few years back in 12B's)

Kareem

MarinaTed said:
aussiecross said:

Yeah, 100% agree with it being more stressful as a coach than a player. Even more so with close games. I thought we were going to finally win one, but it was not to be. Next week we will again be short on players for the game and up against Toukley.... Won't have a full team until the last week of this month and I'll be fully grey or bald by then...  :-\
:postcount: for both of you!
it is a hell lot more stressful. I think it has to do with possibly the lack of control during the game??? I mean u r in charge but only to an extent- it depends on the players!

BAD BULLZ

Kareem said:
hasbeen said:
Kareem said:
oh well

I have never seen my kids try harder...i can hack it when I dont play my best but today my kids did!
And are you telling me the team coming 3rd (2nd if we win game in hand against 9th place) arent good enough. I think everyone knows Toukley are a level above. The way they layed was a mentality totally mindblowing for C's comps. They lacked individual brilliance but knew how to win the game (which is the main thing).
As to the misgrading. I already have whined to greg marsh- buti cant expect him to do anything.
I think its both Toukley and CCF's fault. That said it wont be the worst misgrading in CCF/CCSA! (I remember SEE winnin GF 5-0 few years back in 12B's)
Not sure if your trying to say that because a grand final finished 5nil it was down to bad grading thats rubbish.
either reseves or 1st grade won gf yr b4 last 5nil kanwal vs someone may have even been cant remember
the kanwal team im thinking of was down 5-1 in 1st round at half time came back had a draw
then went season undefeated
just because a team dominates doesnt always mean there in the wrong comp it happens.

Dont forget archie vs adelaide grand final that was clearly poor grading archie and melbourne do not belong in the Aleague.

Yes there are "issues" with the grading system and good players teams not playing at the right levels that happens with the minimal if any trial games at the start of season but just because your team lost to them doesnt make it unfair grading.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred