• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Round six - local league thread

kanewillow

to tell ya the truth i dnt think barca and real should be in the same comp after barca got beaten 4-1 grading was completly wrong

RADINHO

------------------PTS
Kariong------------12
East Gosford--------9
Kanwal-------------9
Doyalson-----------6
Toukley-------------6
Umina--------------6
Ourimbah-----------3
Berkely Vale--------3
Killarney------------0

14B so far

PubBrawler

Maa6,s Avoca def Kinny 2-1 our hardest game yet! Gopher of pern got his first goal for the season so he will be gettin some tonight of the miss i,m sure!

bjw

bjw
Yeeeew, First win of the Season today in MAA6's
I scored, we (East Gosford) beat Wyoming 4-0

T

dru said:
Congratualtions to the Gosford City WAA5's on the win Today.

Thanks, and congrats to all the girls for their hardwork!! We managed to score in the first 20 and then held on for a 1-0 win. First win of the season....  :thumbup: :thumbup:

Kareem

Eggy said:
Kareem said:
hasbeen said:
Kareem said:
my u13s recieved 1st loss of season- my first loss as a coach. I kept my cool and I mainly just laughed throughout the game to do with 2 facts
1) The fact Toukley are in the 13C's they came last in A's and hence should be in B's but somehow they are in our comp and to win 4-1 against 2nd best team is very interesting indeed
2) some of the calls were dubious to say the least. I didnt have a go at ref...just laughed- Toukley as a club are IMO the roughest on the coast. I had one of the kids older brothers tellin me to return treatment and rough up their best player but thats not my style!
ROFL- one of parents said to me we were playin against 12. I almost had heart attack and started counting the Toukley players until someone pointed out he meant the ref as the 12th man...:p
oh well
Toukley were better but as my GK said "at least we aren't goin trophy hunting!" that said we will probs have to be content in battling for 2nd place

Thank God you put the facts on the table there Kareem, for a moment I thought maybe your kids weren't quite good enough, but obviously it's the CCF grading system at fault. You should complain to the Director of Competitions .. a certain Greg Marsh ...... 
I have never seen my kids try harder...i can hack it when I dont play my best but today my kids did!
And are you telling me the team coming 3rd (2nd if we win game in hand against 9th place) arent good enough. I think everyone knows Toukley are a level above. The way they layed was a mentality totally mindblowing for C's comps. They lacked individual brilliance but knew how to win the game (which is the main thing).
As to the misgrading. I already have whined to greg marsh- buti cant expect him to do anything.
I think its both Toukley and CCF's fault. That said it wont be the worst misgrading in CCF/CCSA! (I remember SEE winnin GF 5-0 few years back in 12B's)
Not sure if your trying to say that because a grand final finished 5nil it was down to bad grading thats rubbish.
either reseves or 1st grade won gf yr b4 last 5nil kanwal vs someone may have even been cant remember
the kanwal team im thinking of was down 5-1 in 1st round at half time came back had a draw
then went season undefeated
just because a team dominates doesnt always mean there in the wrong comp it happens.

Dont forget archie vs adelaide grand final that was clearly poor grading archie and melbourne do not belong in the Aleague.

1st  :redcard: for comparing to international leagues!
Eggy said:
Yes there are "issues" with the grading system and good players teams not playing at the right levels that happens with the minimal if any trial games at the start of season but just because your team lost to them doesnt make it unfair grading.

2nd- let me ask you if after 5 games- Toukley have won 13-0, 5-0, 4-1, 5-1, 4-1- it isnt a bit unfair?
Hmm...that seems just a tad bad grading? EXACTLY!!!
besides how many times did MV win 6-0 in V2? once
and how mnay times did Madrid win 4-1 (2 or 3 times). 4-1 isnt one of Toukley's best performances (like it was for madrid)- it is one their equla worst performance!

rest my case.

Kareem

AA6- 3-2 loss. Got my 1st yellow of season. It would seem for dissent- disagree a bit there but I'll cop it.

AA2- 0-2 loss to Mangrove- played 10 mins. Waste of time really

Reserves- emphatic 4-3 win! Played last 5 mins and actually had sme good touches on ball (as compared to 1st grade in rd 1 where i didnt touch it :p)

I watched a bit of 1sts- where Ourimbah took 3-0 lead into halftime. Then SEU got a red card. Then somehow SEU mustered up 3 goals in 10 mins (75th min-85th min) with 10 men...at the?
Good heart by SEU but terrible lapse in training. Certainly not looking forward to training on Tuesday!

mariners4ever

my team ( gossie 17B's ) finally won 5-2 in a long and exhausting game for both teams. came back from 1-2 down to score 4 goals in the second half to win

Jimmy

U21's Kanwal 4 - 1 Terrigal.
Set up the 1st, scored the 2nd.
Almost every throw in from terrigal was a foul with the back leg being lifted, and the only time the ref called a foul throw was when one of our guys was standing to far back from the line, gotta love the Central Coast refs, they get better every year. He was terrible to do with everything. :p

Part_Timer

morisset united reserve grade got up in a hard fought 2-1 win went down 1-0 when one of their players went down injured and they all screamed kick it out only for them to keep the ball in and play on as our players stoped thinkin they were guna kick it out i chased down striker only to have his shot deflect off my leg around the keeper.. we got a quick goal after half time and then a penalty...followed by our striker being sent with 20 to go held on well...
first grade won 3-1 sloppy game at first should have been 8-1 they got a soft penalty only time they looked like scoring

coast

oufc maa6 3-2 loss too tuggerah, the game was a bit of a joke, ref was a c**t, and one of there golas didn't cross the line. Shit happens. maa5 2-1 win against tugg's, played well, definatly the better side.

Alicia

dru said:
Congratualtions to the Gosford City WAA5's on the win Today.

Thanks Dru.

It was good to get a win.  First win ever for the ex-kariong girls.  Let's hope we can do it again.

marinermick

oh, and massive congrats to the gosford girls for their first ever win

was one of the most nail-biting and thrilling matches i have ever witnessed

BAD BULLZ

Well done girls :eek:verhead:

After not kickin a ball for 4weeks i returned for game against gwandaln
2all draw felt like a loss
i scored double to pretty much rubbish goals including a penalty which was interesting balls being fumbled around in air off a corner and one of our guys and one of theres both went in for ball arms folded across there chests the ball landed on there arm and sat there for what felt like ages i apealed for hand ball and won it the ball was clearly sitting on both players arms never seen anything like it.

Gopher of Pern

coast said:
oufc maa6 3-2 loss too tuggerah, the game was a bit of a joke, ref was a c**t, and one of there golas didn't cross the line. Shit happens. maa5 2-1 win against tugg's, played well, definatly the better side.

That sux, i was hoping you guys would win.
We continued our winning streak, but alas, we let in a goal. I scored my first of the season! :) Was a cracker too if i might say so myself. But then it was partially my fault we let in a goal. Even more good news is that mountains had a draw against wyong, putting us outright leaders!

Marinerchick

The morisset under 9's d grade won 7-1 on the weekend
wasnt preseny at the game but have heard it was really good
so far through our trails and 2 matches we have been undefeated
lets just hope we keep that =]

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members