• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Round One - Local League Thread (2010)

Ted

mariners4ever said:
trev said:
budgie MAA8 drew with Brekley vale 1 all
Budgie MAA5 drew with terrigal 2 all

great effort in goals trev, fark better hope we dont get that referee again this season, too busy fixing up his fringe to have any control over the game.

At least you had a ref...  :p

marinermick

Ted said:
mariners4ever said:
trev said:

great effort in goals trev, fark better hope we dont get that referee again this season, too busy fixing up his fringe to have any control over the game.

+1, i had to ref our game hobbling around on a dodgy calf

AA5 - Ourimbah 3 - Killarney 2

excellent game of football and pleasing to start this season with a win

mariners4ever

Ted said:
mariners4ever said:
trev said:

and 2 linesmen :p
to be fair i wouldnt really call him a ref, the older linesman did more talking and had more control

Man In Blue

Good start in Div1 1st Grade to GOS, WYG, KAR and KDS. Could be an interesting comp this one. The big shock in MPL was TER thumping ENT 6-1 !

Alicia

Kariong WAA5 defeated Kanwal WAA5-2's - 3-2.

Was a good game!  Both Pokey and Chimmi scored their first goals!!

BAD BULLZ

Kanwal 1-1 wyoming
1nil after 45secs to us could ve been 3nil in 2 minutes i personally missed to many chances.own goal equalizer.

Kanwal aa1s n prem league both won congrats.

Statue

marinermick said:
Watched 35As Kincumber v Ourimbah. 4-1 Ourimbah. Two things that really struck me:

1. Frost Reserve had grass  :eek:
2. The high standard of the game. Terrific passing and movement. Andrew Hubbard (hattrick) and Phil Cartner up front for Ourimbah could easily be still playing premier league.

Give it 5 weeks and it will be back to usual frost reserve again

J

jiggles

Alicia said:

WINNER!!

:-D

Kanwal Bull

Kanwal AA1's got up 1-0 against Wyoming.. tough game.. our keeper did well, kept a clean sheet after a concussion.. didnt even realise we had won at the end of the game

wyomingtiger

RE Kan vs Wmg AA1's - Competitive game with Wyoming missing some clear one on one chances. Kanwal GK outstanding, even after his KO... Disallowed goal against Wmg called offside that was clearly on- 15 year old girl assistant ref - Nothing much you can do, no point bagging her at this level.
A draw would have been a fair result I thought, but congrats to the winners capitalising on a  bit of a freak goal. Quite comical really.. good bunch of blokes & game played in the right spirit. Tough comp this year with the Berkley Vale & particulalry East Gosford being strong. East Gosford's side wouldn't look bad in reserve grade...

hilly1981

trev said:
guessing woongarrah are pish?

They only had 10 players to start the game, then lost one with a suspected broken ankle after 5 mins. Sniper in the crowd got him.

We were up 4-0 at half time, and after about 20 shots in the 2nd half (kicks going straight to the keeper or 100 metres over the bar) we finally landed another 3 late 2nd half. We should of won by a lot more, but our finishing let us down.

We also mucked around with positions in the 2nd half and everyone got a chance to play striker. So there were a few "defender" shots going on ;)

Wombat

Alicia said:

Well done Girls!

Saw your result on Kariong website.

Wombat

Kariong 035B

Lost 3.0 to Terrigal.

Much closer game than score showed but better side won. 

We had no subs and they provided their own ref who is a shocker.  2nd goal the bloke might have well have thrown it into the net.
They scored third with 10 secs to go.
They have a quality keeper and were a bit too young and fast for us.

Could be a long season.

neverwozza

marinermick said:
Watched 35As Kincumber v Ourimbah. 4-1 Ourimbah. Two things that really struck me:

1. Frost Reserve had grass  :eek:
2. The high standard of the game. Terrific passing and movement. Andrew Hubbard (hattrick) and Phil Cartner up front for Ourimbah could easily be still playing premier league.

I often say I'd rather watch 35A's (or premier league for that matter) rather than the Mariners. At least they can keep the ball on the deck and complete more than 2 passes in succession. Or maybe its the fact that the beers are in the esky 2 metres away, there are no queues and they are only $2.50 each and no f**king bluetongue.

priorpeter

hilly1981 said:
trev said:
guessing woongarrah are pish?

They only had 10 players to start the game, then lost one with a suspected broken ankle after 5 mins. Sniper in the crowd got him.

We were up 4-0 at half time, and after about 20 shots in the 2nd half (kicks going straight to the keeper or 100 metres over the bar) we finally landed another 3 late 2nd half. We should of won by a lot more, but our finishing let us down.

We also mucked around with positions in the 2nd half and everyone got a chance to play striker. So there were a few "defender" shots going on ;)

it was on my left foot... and behind me... on the volley...  ::)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred