• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Round Nine - Local league thread

Part_Timer

lost both grades to cooks hill 1-0 both shit goals just wouldnt go in for us hit posts, crossbars but same as a miss..no luck this season

Paolo

Gosford Reserves 5-0 Woy Woy - I scored a goal from a misshit cross which went top corner  :-\
Gosford 1sts 6-1 Woy Woy

Gopher of Pern

Yeah, Avoca AA6's lost 2-1 to budgewoi.

They controlled the midfield well, kept putting pressure on us. They played well. The ref however was a disgrace. Wouldn't card anything, even slide tackles from behind, and deliberate hand balls. He also blew half time when we had a free kick at goals!

Aden

First Grade  Wyoming 1  Berkeley 0
wyoming with 10 men after  the left back  was sent off

marinermick

Killarney AA2 beat the previously unbeaten Kincumber 2s 3-1. Their team only conceeded two goals all season and we made them look bad.

The win was a great feeling because we have been playing some excellent football in the last few and have been unlucky.

Onwards and upwards.

By the way Sacko told me that Eggy got a double against his AA7 team.

BAD BULLZ

AA7/2s kanwal vs ourimbah 4nil win
I got a double ;)including lazy flukey over head kick that chipped there replacement keeper there starting keeper got subbed after 3heavy collisions with me very well done to him tho first half saved at least 3 1on 1s 

AA5 kanwal vs tuggerah 4nil win was 2nil after 3minutes
Didnt get much game time kanwal had 3 of there own reserves and 2 of ours which was alright cause i'd had a few cans inbetween games watching 3's

7goals in 2 games :-\
one game coming straight from pub crawl and the other against 1st place :-\

marinermick

oh, and a massive thumbs up to omni who reffed our game

probably the best ref i have had in many seasons

let the game flow well and didn't have to brandish yellow cards willy nilly when things got heated to maintain control

well done chris

Alicia

Gosford WAA5's lost 2-0 to Avoca.  The second goal was a penalty via a handball, meanwhile, there were many other handballs the ref didn't bother picking up.  Our keeper almost got a hand to it, which is a good improvement.

2-0 is a good scoreline for us.  We're cutting the goal's against us by at least half each week.  Perhaps a draw, or even better another win is around the corner. :)

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Gopher of Pern said:
Yeah, Avoca AA6's lost 2-1 to budgewoi.

They controlled the midfield well, kept putting pressure on us. They played well. The ref however was a disgrace. Wouldn't card anything, even slide tackles from behind, and deliberate hand balls. He also blew half time when we had a free kick at goals!

handballs will usually only be cautioned if it's breaking up a pretty clear attack, or it's a 'hand of god'.  As for time being up - hey, without stoppage time, when the time's up, it's up :) (bear in mind that we ARE under strict instructions to not add stoppage time to any grade except firsts) 

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

The way I see it, when time's up, it's up - that's the fairest method to both teams.  Some referees will allow a final free kick to occur, or won't blow for time when the ball's in play - but there are also a number who will apply the laws the same way I do.  The debate on this has been held repeatedly on refereeing forums, with pretty even numbers on both sides :p

If it's a match with stoppage time - such as first grade, or reps, then it's a bit different - because it might make sense to consider the time waiting for the free kick to be a stoppage, hence allowing time for the kick to take place (even though the laws don't say you have to).

It's kind of like blowing for time when one team is on the attack - again, you'll find that different referees have different interpretations.

If it's a penalty kick (dot shot), then yes, the laws clearly state that the kick will be taken (ie, a penalty put down with a second left on the clock will still be taken), with time to end immediately after, but the laws say nothing about a run-of-the-mill free kick, corner kick, etc. 

Gopher of Pern

Fair enough. The problem was we were trying to get their wall to back up, because it was well within the minimum distance to the ball. Then the ref blew time off! At the least it was delaying tactics by the other team.

The blatant handball i was referring to was after one of our blokes took a free kick, the opposition jumped up in the air, again well within the minimum distance, and it came off his arms, which were, to be fair, blocking the ball from hitting his face. We didn't even get another free kick.

On the other hand, i do commend the ref for not budging when our player complained quite aggressively to him. Kept a cool head. Even if it did mean the decision didnt go our way!

PubBrawler

i still recon that a few of the handball calls like that one when that guy jumped blatently in the air with his hands well above his head and hit the ball but nothing happened, both teams stopped because everyone knew it was a handball but still i didn,t hear a whistle, they nearlly scored of it! that was the worst call for mine not the penalty, the ref lost the game there for a bit i recon.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Gopher - if the player's just protecting his face, usually that won't be a free kick.  Inside the 10 yards?  Well, as with all things, the laws can be bent, for various reasons.

Personally, the biggest concern I had in my Sunday arvo match was whether or not we'd get to finish the darn thing - with those clouds it was getting bloody dark out there!!

Kanwal Bull

The referee blew half time in our game just as our player was having a shot on goal from within 12 yards, our players pulled his leg back to hit it then he blew his whistle... half time. missed the shot but i dare say without the whistle being blown he coulda hit it better. Same thing happened in the game after ours. Thats abit mean...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred