• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Round Five Local Thread.

trev

Aceventura19 said:
Ted said:
Killarney 3 - Doylo 5.

The field was a bog and the ref was shit. A Doylo player punched one of our guys in the head in front of the ref and nothing was done about it. It was a shit game and to make it worse I deflected one past our keeper....  :(
wow a high scoring game, ref must have been shockin if he didn't do anything about that punch
our game got called off :(

Ted

trev said:
Aceventura19 said:
Ted said:
Killarney 3 - Doylo 5.

The field was a bog and the ref was shit. A Doylo player punched one of our guys in the head in front of the ref and nothing was done about it. It was a shit game and to make it worse I deflected one past our keeper....  :(
wow a high scoring game, ref must have been shockin if he didn't do anything about that punch

Unlucky with the game washout.

The ref left much to be desired IMO.

trev

Ted said:
trev said:
Aceventura19 said:
Ted said:
Killarney 3 - Doylo 5.

Unlucky with the game washout.

The ref left much to be desired IMO.
next week will be good we vs ya's down at killarney

Sym

haha

"that's a red card he hit him in the head"
"hmmm...nah it was an accident"

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight

Redline

Woy Woy MAA6 2 - Wyong 2.

Ref was a joke...we should have won it 2-0 but some sloppy defence and poor communication let 2 in. I enjoyed watching from the sidelines for the first 40 mins of the first half and the first 38 mins of the second half. *rolls eyes*

J

jiggles

Ours was called in around the 50th ish min due to a bad injury to our goalie, and since it was a neck injury, we couldn't move her from the field.

Apparently ref called it at 0-0, but Berkley were up on us 2-0 so no idea what's happened there.

Hope your ok Karlene!

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Sym said:
haha

Are we talking about a blatant, trying-to-fight somebody punch or a sly one that was thrown in as part of a challenge?  Just curious :p

Kanwal Bull

apparently in the game before ours, the ref gave a red card to the wrong player, both teams told him it was a diff player but he didnt change his mind, and gave a yellow for a player laughing..

nutmeg

poko said:
Ours was called in around the 50th ish min due to a bad injury to our goalie, and since it was a neck injury, we couldn't move her from the field.

Apparently ref called it at 0-0, but Berkley were up on us 2-0 so no idea what's happened there.

Hope your ok Karlene!

I hope she is ok as well.
You played well pokey. Too bad i have some issues with walking at the moment.

kanewillow

we got up 1-0 entrance AA8 over umina

prem res entrance 1-5 kingcumber
      1st  entrance 1-4 kincumber

ref was joke in prem   

Ted

Capn Gus Bloodbeard said:
Sym said:
haha

Are we talking about a blatant, trying-to-fight somebody punch or a sly one that was thrown in as part of a challenge?  Just curious :p

A challange was made and completed. Player turns around and clocks one to the side of our players head right in front of the ref and linesman and neither did shit. It was blatant and even a few of his own players said he should have been sent off.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

While it may have been right in front of the ref, perhaps he wasn't looking at those players, but following the ball that had left the challenge (same as the AR)?  It's surprisingly easy to miss something in your field of view if you're intently watching something specific....just throwing a possibility out there.  I know I've had a couple of incidents that players thought I saw because my head was turned in that general direction, but I didn't see at all because I was focussing somewhere else...

That's why I always tell my AR's to watch the challenge for just a moment longer than myself, to pick up the little hacks and elbows that take place just after the ball's released.  Sometimes AR's aren't taught that, or just miss it anyway.

Why is it I never get to inspect a referee when interesting stuff like this happens - those ones are always dead boring!!

Funny how sometimes nothing really comes of incidents like this, yet something more minor and players will be running in, pushing and shoving, abusing the ref, and trying to break the first offender's legs for the rest of the match....

Kareem

Reserve grade for Ourimbah played fantastic today
We were playing Avoca who had won 4/4 scoring something like 15 goals and conceding 0!
We scored early goal, and after that we dominated- we soon added a 2nd. They got one back before halftime. 2nd half we made a tactical sub (to rest for 1st grade)
They came back (missed obvious chances and then scored off just pathetic defence). I am very pleased that we are 1) 1st team to score against them , 2) to take points off them

1st grade- 4-3 loss
We took lead twice in 1st half only to lose 2 goals (due to long balls) where our defence was caught square. 2-2 HT
We conceded early goal not to mention then conceding a penalty which was so stupid
good call by ref by all means. Just we made a stupid tackle in the box when the guy had no chance of doing anything tbh- just silly. Not to mention 3rd penalty in 3 weeks for us
the boys pegged back a late goal
gotta love avoca's timewasting tactics- no cards...
seriously more cards need to be given IMO (once was really ridiculous- other times they walked to ball- fair enough)
At this rate looks like we can maybe only afford 1 more loss if we want promotion...thats shocking considering our great preseason form
Killarney game next week looks to be turning point
Oh and thats 2 losses and a draw at home this season

Alicia

T said:
Gos WAA5N are playing Tuggerah at 10.15am.... should be a good game :D

We lost 3-1...  ref was... hmm ....

at one stage, tuggerah girl got smacked in the face with the ball.  people were calling to kick the ball out, their own players kept passing it to each other, eventually T kicked it out.  once she was checked out and everything was okay, instead of a drop ball he said tuggerah throw in, pretty shitty call imo

Kareem

Alicia said:
T said:
Gos WAA5N are playing Tuggerah at 10.15am.... should be a good game :D

We lost 3-1...  ref was... hmm ....

at one stage, tuggerah girl got smacked in the face with the ball.  people were calling to kick the ball out, their own players kept passing it to each other, eventually T kicked it out.  once she was checked out and everything was okay, instead of a drop ball he said tuggerah throw in, pretty shitty call imo
who does T play for? (I assume Gosford)
Drop ball is incorrect
Drop ball is only for instances where ref decides to stop play by blowing the whistle ie. when someone may have possession of ball.
If a team kicks it out (which is preferred), once the injury concern is sorted play MUST be restarted with a throw-in. From there it is team's choice to throw it back in (coach should encourage it)

NB: common complaint (i know not in this case)- ref blows whistle and the ball is kicked out. Since he blew his whistle whilst ball was still on the field- he must then restart with drop ball!

So basically he was spot on according to LOTG

Sym

yahz, sportsmanship is used at moments like this and Tuggers will harmlessly lump the ball up to opposing keeper.

Ranyen

Hey, that girl was new & was the first year she has played. She was unaware of the Etiquette (not the rules) and did not realise that she had to throw it back to the other team.

There were a few injuries in Gosfords side, (poor girls), like I said, hopefully you will be better next week as we don't want the "credit" from the next team you play for "taking your key players out". We don't want a reputation like that...  Also, I did say that tuggerah field has lots of potholes, and the rain did not help at all.

Ted

Capn Gus Bloodbeard said:
While it may have been right in front of the ref, perhaps he wasn't looking at those players, but following the ball that had left the challenge (same as the AR)?  It's surprisingly easy to miss something in your field of view if you're intently watching something specific....just throwing a possibility out there.  I know I've had a couple of incidents that players thought I saw because my head was turned in that general direction, but I didn't see at all because I was focussing somewhere else...

That's why I always tell my AR's to watch the challenge for just a moment longer than myself, to pick up the little hacks and elbows that take place just after the ball's released.  Sometimes AR's aren't taught that, or just miss it anyway.

Why is it I never get to inspect a referee when interesting stuff like this happens - those ones are always dead boring!!

Funny how sometimes nothing really comes of incidents like this, yet something more minor and players will be running in, pushing and shoving, abusing the ref, and trying to break the first offender's legs for the rest of the match....

I think the ARs were too young and a bit intimidated to make any calls mate. We were also not permitted to slide tackle. Take into account we were playing in mud and just about every tackle ended up in a slide, slip, fall over scenario.

The fact is, the ref did see it and even said ' oh that was an accident', while the player stands there with his fists clenched after throwing the punch. His own team mates came in to drag him away.

T

Ranyen said:
Hey, that girl was new & was the first year she has played. She was unaware of the Etiquette (not the rules) and did not realise that she had to throw it back to the other team.

Thats where the coach stepps in and advises. The ref was a bit of a twat, not only did he play 45min halve (we're AA5 FFS) he spent more time monitoring the behaviour of the sideline than paying attention to what was happening on the field. There was quite a bit of stuff he let go. Definatly one of the poorer refs we have had this season.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred