• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Round Five Local Thread.

FFC Mariner

Ted said:
Capn Gus Bloodbeard said:
While it may have been right in front of the ref, perhaps he wasn't looking at those players, but following the ball that had left the challenge (same as the AR)?  It's surprisingly easy to miss something in your field of view if you're intently watching something specific....just throwing a possibility out there.  I know I've had a couple of incidents that players thought I saw because my head was turned in that general direction, but I didn't see at all because I was focussing somewhere else...

That's why I always tell my AR's to watch the challenge for just a moment longer than myself, to pick up the little hacks and elbows that take place just after the ball's released.  Sometimes AR's aren't taught that, or just miss it anyway.

Why is it I never get to inspect a referee when interesting stuff like this happens - those ones are always dead boring!!

Funny how sometimes nothing really comes of incidents like this, yet something more minor and players will be running in, pushing and shoving, abusing the ref, and trying to break the first offender's legs for the rest of the match....

I think the ARs were too young and a bit intimidated to make any calls mate. We were also not permitted to slide tackle. Take into account we were playing in mud and just about every tackle ended up in a slide, slip, fall over scenario.

The fact is, the ref did see it and even said ' oh that was an accident', while the player stands there with his fists clenched after throwing the punch. His own team mates came in to drag him away.

good tip Gus, as a spectator, I always look at the challenge for a few seconds in case someone has a bit of a sly dig.

Alicia

T said:
Ranyen said:
Hey, that girl was new & was the first year she has played. She was unaware of the Etiquette (not the rules) and did not realise that she had to throw it back to the other team.

Thats where the coach stepps in and advises. The ref was a bit of a twat, not only did he play 45min halve (we're AA5 FFS) he spent more time monitoring the behaviour of the sideline than paying attention to what was happening on the field. There was quite a bit of stuff he let go. Definatly one of the poorer refs we have had this season.

True, ref should have told her to throw in to a Gosford player.  I agree, worst ref we've had this season thus far.

marinermick

Alicia said:
T said:
Ranyen said:
Hey, that girl was new & was the first year she has played. She was unaware of the Etiquette (not the rules) and did not realise that she had to throw it back to the other team.

Thats where the coach stepps in and advises. The ref was a bit of a twat, not only did he play 45min halve (we're AA5 FFS) he spent more time monitoring the behaviour of the sideline than paying attention to what was happening on the field. There was quite a bit of stuff he let go. Definatly one of the poorer refs we have had this season.

True, ref should have told her to throw in to a Gosford player.  I agree, worst ref we've had this season thus far.

If he spent more time worrying about the potty mouth trailer trash of a right midfield in the tuggerah instead of worrying about us on the sideline things would have went smoother

fair play to the tuggerah team as they were the better team in the second half but that is one disgraceful pitch

also, i agree with T, it was up to their coach to encourage the girl to throw it back to the opposition - not sit there like a stunned mullet

ourimbah aa5 had a 1-1 draw against mountains - our third 1-1 draw in five games

we had the better of opportunities but our keeper saved a penalty and their player missed the open goal on the rebound so i am happy with the one point

saw your reserve grade game kareem and you boys did well - congrats

Sean

Sydney University 2 - 1 over Queens Park who were top of the table. Dibo with Delap assist?!

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Alicia said:
T said:
Gos WAA5N are playing Tuggerah at 10.15am.... should be a good game :D

We lost 3-1...  ref was... hmm ....

at one stage, tuggerah girl got smacked in the face with the ball.  people were calling to kick the ball out, their own players kept passing it to each other, eventually T kicked it out.  once she was checked out and everything was okay, instead of a drop ball he said tuggerah throw in, pretty shitty call imo

Actually, the ref was 100% correct on that one :D

Alicia said:

The ref is not allowed to give instructions in that regard - it's up to the players what they do.  Some referees will look very, very hard for a foul throw in these instances, but if the foul was perfectly clean than the player is perfectly entitled to keep it within their team.  Etiquette isn't part of the referee's domain.  If the player says they'll give it back to the other team, and doesn't, then it's different, and should result in a yellow card and an indirect free kick or a retake, depending on the situation and the ref's interpretation.

Ted said:
While it may have been right in front of the ref, perhaps he wasn't looking at those players, but following the ball that had left the challenge (same as the AR)?  It's surprisingly easy to miss something in your field of view if you're intently watching something specific....just throwing a possibility out there.  I know I've had a couple of incidents that players thought I saw because my head was turned in that general direction, but I didn't see at all because I was focussing somewhere else...

That's why I always tell my AR's to watch the challenge for just a moment longer than myself, to pick up the little hacks and elbows that take place just after the ball's released.  Sometimes AR's aren't taught that, or just miss it anyway.

Why is it I never get to inspect a referee when interesting stuff like this happens - those ones are always dead boring!!

Funny how sometimes nothing really comes of incidents like this, yet something more minor and players will be running in, pushing and shoving, abusing the ref, and trying to break the first offender's legs for the rest of the match....

I think the ARs were too young and a bit intimidated to make any calls mate. We were also not permitted to slide tackle. Take into account we were playing in mud and just about every tackle ended up in a slide, slip, fall over scenario.

The fact is, the ref did see it and even said ' oh that was an accident', while the player stands there with his fists clenched after throwing the punch. His own team mates came in to drag him away.

Fair enough mate.  Hey, the young and inexperienced AR's have to be put SOMEWHERE on a Sunday, part and parcel of playing in the lower grades I think.  I used to play AA6 myself :) - it can take some time for a young AR to build the confidence and experience to start doing more than the basic in/out and offside calls, which is fair enough

Over the years playing and reffing I've noticed a few referees have this peculiar idea of banning slide tackles in muddy conditions.....there's nothing dangerous about sliding in the mud (heck, I'd rather fall over on mud than on a concrete-like ground), it's just when players think the mud means they can slide in at top speed that there's a problem (with the law changes this season, there's even more scope for the ref to penalise players who have got nothing but ball but didn't do so in a 'controlled' fashion, in the opinion of the ref)....oh well, the joys of football.  Thanks for the response :)

dibo

Sean Francis Lacy said:
Sydney University 2 - 1 over Queens Park who were top of the table. Dibo with Delap assist?!

two in two weeks - it's baffling how badly some sides (especially sides that are otherwise pretty competent) defend long throws.

Ted

marinermick said:
Alicia said:
T said:
Ranyen said:

If he spent more time worrying about the potty mouth trailer trash of a right midfield in the tuggerah instead of worrying about us on the sideline things would have went smoother

fair play to the tuggerah team as they were the better team in the second half but that is one disgraceful pitch

also, i agree with T, it was up to their coach to encourage the girl to throw it back to the opposition - not sit there like a stunned mullet

ourimbah aa5 had a 1-1 draw against mountains - our third 1-1 draw in five games

we had the better of opportunities but our keeper saved a penalty and their player missed the open goal on the rebound so i am happy with the one point

saw your reserve grade game kareem and you boys did well - congrats

The Tuggerah pitch is appalling. Corrugated iron has less bumps and surface is a sandpit to concrete to sandpit in the space of a few metres.

T

Actually, the ref was 100% correct on that one :D

Alicia said:

The ref is not allowed to give instructions in that regard - it's up to the players what they do.  Some referees will look very, very hard for a foul throw in these instances, but if the foul was perfectly clean than the player is perfectly entitled to keep it within their team.  Etiquette isn't part of the referee's domain.  If the player says they'll give it back to the other team, and doesn't, then it's different, and should result in a yellow card and an indirect free kick or a retake, depending on the situation and the ref's interpretation.

Was more the delay in blowing the whistle, he was not paying attention to the field. I was prepared to take the throw in as it was not clear as to who had kicked the ball out, me or the defender... I was going to throw the ball back to their goal keeper, and stated that to the ref, so the intent to turn the ball over in fair play had clearly been established.
The calls were not consistant throughout the game, he would pick up a foul throw in, but let the next one go. At least he was consistantly shitty throughout the game.

Ranyen

marinermick said:

Well, if you did not start abusing her, she wouldn't of abused you back! Even if you were annoyed at her, you didn't have to get personal.

Also, by that time our coach was on the next field playing his game. We only had an assistance coach, that was too busy telling another girl where he wanted her to play, so he didn't notice until she had thrown it in. He told the girl in question at half time & she said that if she knew, she would of done that. But it seriously did not warrant abuse.

And Yes, I know the Tuggerah field is horrible, I train on it every week. That field is worse than our "main" pitch, but the guys game got that one.

As for Refs, he wasn't too bad (not just saying that cause we won). The girl we had the week before against the mountains was really bad. It was her first year of reffing, and she could not control the game. By the end of it, both teams were swearing at each other & our team had heaps of bruises from elbows. Also, there was a goal that came off the oppositions arm & should have never been allowed.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Ranyen - was it a deliberate handball?  If it was accidental, then the goal should've been allowed.

Surprisingly I've only been to Tuggerah once, and it was an absolute mudpit....that was a few years back though.

marinermick

Ranyen said:
marinermick said:

Well, if you did not start abusing her, she wouldn't of abused you back! Even if you were annoyed at her, you didn't have to get personal.

wrong, she abused and swore at me first otherwise she would have not been singled for personal attention

i didn't swear once and certainly didn't have a disgusting mouth like hers

end of - sick of talking about trailer trash anyway and this will be my last post on the matter

Bear

Ranyen said:
marinermick said:

For what its worth, she should have recieved a card for the foul language that was used on the field. I can confirm that there was no swearing from the sideline, and that the young lady in question clearly has an anger issue. But dont worry Mick, i believe, as she said, she will not forget your face, tough cookie she is ::)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred