• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Round 8 - Nix v CCM @ Wullingten

LFCMariners

A long way off yet but...

How great would it be to make the finals, draw the Jest week 1 and knock them out of the finals on their home turf?

Wombat

It was good.

Far from perfect and 4.1 flattered us but we were definitely better than NZ.

Kennedy. Good game. He has steadied the ship since he came in. He has turned out to be an excellent signing.
McGing. Another good game. His confidence is up.
Ryles. A lot to like. Tough in the tackle and strong and fast. Still learning his craft at LB. Bit lose in first 10mins. Didn't do well on Nix's only goal.
Golec. Pretty good. Didn't do well on the Nix goal but is becoming more solid.
Baro. Very solid. Our defence is much better organised when he is on the park.

Hoole. Very good. Drifted into middle and caused problems for Nix whenever he did. Scored a pearler.
Pain. Very Good. Set up Appiah a few times but Appi hasn't a clue how to finish. Set up Hoole for the 3rd nicely.
Hari. Very Good.
Woot Woout. His best game yet. Very professional and assured.
DSS. A real handful. Great close controlled and linked with Appi very well.
Appi. He really has NO clue how to play CF but his 1 touch stuff was very good.

Powell. Very good cameo. Looks a much more intelligent Footballer than Bingers. Could have set up Trent for a hatrick within 10mins but lovely through ball for Trent's goal. Very dangerous alongside Budgie.
Budgie. Quality finish. I think if he had started he would have had 3 or 4 today. I would definately like to start him at CF if the Spaniard is still injured. Work hard pressing as well.

Back 4 still could have conceeded 3 or 4 so work still needed. We still don't attack the back stick when we storm forward.

But overall VERY GOOD and Paul Okon did very well.

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
It was good.

Far from perfect and 4.1 flattered us but we were definitely better than NZ.

Kennedy. Good game. He has steadied the ship since he came in. He has turned out to be an excellent signing.
McGing. Another good game. His confidence is up.
Ryles. A lot to like. Tough in the tackle and strong and fast. Still learning his craft at LB. Bit lose in first 10mins. Didn't do well on Nix's only goal.
Golec. Pretty good. Didn't do well on the Nix goal but is becoming more solid.
Baro. Very solid. Our defence is much better organised when he is on the park.

Hoole. Very good. Drifted into middle and caused problems for Nix whenever he did. Scored a pearler.
Pain. Very Good. Set up Appiah a few times but Appi hasn't a clue how to finish. Set up Hoole for the 3rd nicely.
Hari. Very Good.
Woot Woout. His best game yet. Very professional and assured.
DSS. A real handful. Great close controlled and linked with Appi very well.
Appi. He really has NO clue how to play CF but his 1 touch stuff was very good.

Powell. Very good cameo. Looks a much more intelligent Footballer than Bingers. Could have set up Trent for a hatrick within 10mins but lovely through ball for Trent's goal. Very dangerous alongside Budgie.
Budgie. Quality finish. I think if he had started he would have had 3 or 4 today. I would definately like to start him at CF if the Spaniard is still injured. Work hard pressing as well.

Back 4 still could have conceeded 3 or 4 so work still needed. We still don't attack the back stick when we storm forward.

But overall VERY GOOD and Paul Okon did very well.
Budgie in for Astroboy if his still hurt, Interesting❗️

Wombat

Only if Asrubul is injured. Appi is probably less likely to score than any of our attacking players. Trent's finish was cool and clinical. If you polish Trent he will shine and he is a natural goalscorer.

Wombat

Agree Gus. I was laughing at that myself.

Yes watch the game. BTW Judas (weemac) looks washed up.

style_cafe

Anyone know where I can watch a replay?
Sadly I missed the game due to renovations at my son in laws?
The things we do! :-|

Big Al

Only if Asrubul is injured. Appi is probably less likely to score than any of our attacking players. Trent's finish was cool and clinical. If you polish Trent he will shine and he is a natural goalscorer.
Was a nice finish but needs time in the gym and the ring before he can be a starting striker. CB's will just push him around. Every 50/50 he will lose. Doesn't like the physical side against the men. Appiah has the hustle and wins those 50/50's through desire. Trent has speed but no desire for the fight

Wombat

Appiah has speed and a bit of aggression but not much else.
Appiah has maybe 5 goals a year in him.
Budgie has 15 given the same opportunities

Gratis

Was a nice finish but needs time in the gym and the ring before he can be a starting striker. CB's will just push him around. Every 50/50 he will lose. Doesn't like the physical side against the men. Appiah has the hustle and wins those 50/50's through desire. Trent has speed but no desire for the fight
Talking to people who were around Budgie prior to CCM days he plays best as a striker. Agree about the physical stuff though - so maybe a development plan for the future

scottmac

Suspended
Appiah has speed and a bit of aggression but not much else.
Appiah has maybe 5 goals a year in him.
Budgie has 15 given the same opportunities
I think I agree. Trent is also only 19. I think he'll be a better player than Appiah at his age. I'd like to see what happens with Trent as the starting forward.

Tevor

If Trent’s attitude is not good it doesn’t matter what we think, he needs to knuckle down and prove it to himself. Would love to see him have a long rewarding career but the rumours play on my mind too much. Also I’ve wonder about some players under PO and why he persisted with him but now McGing and Appiah are much improved and i’m sure have a good attitude to training etc. I enjoyed just as much as anyone on here Trent’s goal but way too early to have him as starting Striker. Assume natural talent has him on the bench not attitude towards the team at the moment. Good thing is we don’t have to rely on a sole Striker with so many threats in the front 3rd. Would also like to see the Dutchies pull the trigger occasionally as in their highlight packages both are capable of a good long range goal.

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
To be fair Kwabi is like bloody Pedj Bojic , he gets up to speed but his brain is still ten yards behind feet....still, bingaz makes him look like Andy cole

pjennings

If Asdrubal is not fit I'd definitely be trying Trent up front, with Blake maybe replacing him later to get some minutes back in his legs. Appiah I see more as a wide player and he definitely is more suited to coming on against tiring defences and causing havoc.

Asdrubal puts himself about and is a menace to the defence because despite his relative small stature he is quite strong on the ball. Trent is a different sort of striker, but with DDS, Pain, Hoole playing balls for him to chase he could be a revelation. He also seems to be more direct than either Appiah or Asdrubal.

MrCelery

To be fair Kwabi is like bloody Pedj Bojic , he gets up to speed but his brain is still ten yards behind feet....still, bingaz makes him look like Andy cole
Disagree with this. I think he's smarter than most people him credit for. I used to think the same, but watching the Phoenix match I was impressed with his service to other players. Quite a few times he laid off a nice ball for others, most notably for De Silva's goal.

Gratis

Disagree with this. I think he's smarter than most people him credit for. I used to think the same, but watching the Phoenix match I was impressed with his service to other players. Quite a few times he laid off a nice ball for others, most notably for De Silva's goal.
he had some very good technical control too

Spacks

Quite a few times he laid off a nice ball for others, most notably for De Silva's goal.

Uhhh bit of an exaggeration to claim he laid it off to DDS lol more like it hit his legs and ended up in the perfect spot for Danny boy to put it away lol but good on him for reading the play and getting into position.

Fishsdad

Uhhh bit of an exaggeration to claim he laid it off to DDS lol more like it hit his legs and ended up in the perfect spot for Danny boy to put it away lol but good on him for reading the play and getting into position.

But it would be true to say that he laid the ball off beautifully to Danny in the first half when their 'keeper saved Hoole's shot. Unfortunately Danny couldn't put it away, but the lay-off from Appiah was perfectly placed and weighted.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred