• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Round 8 - Nix v CCM @ Wullingten

Ozhammer

Whooo f*cking hooo! What a great result, at a ground where we have struggled to get anything in recent years.

Well done boys! :overheadl::pirashoot:

MrCelery

CCM2017.jpg

Wombat

I saw Hoole's superb goal (3.0) but that was it.
Can someone post.
The radio said DDS and Wout were magnificent.

true believer

mcging was good again , rowles the back 4 . baro makes them look very good . my mom
wout looked like a guy that played a zillion games in the dutch league , quality
hoole was always dangerous
apia is being played out of position but never gives up
ooooooh danny should go to russia

scottmac

Suspended
DeSilva was in everything . Our play at times was just f**king great football. Rowles did well and played pain in a few great balls. Appiah was brilliant tonight just missing the goal which if he was better positioned a few times may have come.
Hoole and DeSilva are looking the goods together. I know we've got this season to go but next year is going to be a cracker.

nero

DeSilva was in everything . Our play at times was just f**king great football. Rowles did well and played pain in a few great balls. Appiah was brilliant tonight just missing the goal which if he was better positioned a few times may have come.
Hoole and DeSilva are looking the goods together. I know we've got this season to go but next year is going to be a cracker.

The January transfer period is going to be so critical for CCM. I can't see this team,(including Okon) staying together longer than the end of next season, especially if results continue to improve.
If Okon can bring in a striker and some bench players that can make an impact than we will have a shot at reaching the finals (even grand final)? Next season will be our shot at the title for sure.

We just need to get a result next week to get some consistency.

Pirate Pete

The January transfer period is going to be so critical for CCM. I can't see this team,(including Okon) staying together longer than the end of next season, especially if results continue to improve.
If Okon can bring in a striker and some bench players that can make an impact than we will have a shot at reaching the finals (even grand final)? Next season will be our shot at the title for sure.

We just need to get a result next week to get some consistency.

I was thinking the same thing. I know Danny was subbed, but he was still running like crazy despite that foul when he got treatment.
He's on a three year deal isn't he? Still if someone (Manchester City) want him badly enough he could be on his way.
I'm not sure of the loan rules now though. Could he end up at Melbourne City?

Yes let's hope we get a result next week. After the high when we beat SFC, then the low of the Adelaide game.
Let's keep it on a high for a few weeks.

Even Bozza said after the game, apart from the first game of the season and the Adelaide game we could have won all the others.

Ancient Mariner

I saw Hoole's superb goal (3.0) but that was it.
Can someone post.
The radio said DDS and Wout were magnificent.

Just from watching last night (while drinking).

Kennedy - competent, while not being called upon too much.
Rowles - filled the gap and was better than last week, still a long way to go, before he reaches starting level.
Golec and Baro - very solid
McGing - Looks more like a full back every week and is gaining confidence in attack. Excellent.
Brama and Hirariej - excellent as usual.
Hoole - Great in patches, always comes inside when the pass to the line may be a better option, however this allows him to link with De Silva, who gets wider at times to give Hoole this space.
Paine - some great runs, but unfortunately ran into dead ends. It seems that he no longer has the confidence to take on his marker and go round him. Maybe oppositions have learned his game. Tended to spend a long time on the ball looking for the next pass. Could be because we were playing without a striker.
De Silva - Massive, MOM by a long way. He came back to the A-League to get some game time and he is getting double time in every game. He goes like the battery in that add, just never stops. If he had a decent shot in him he would be in one of the top leagues already. Tore Nux apart. I hope we can keep him past Jan.
Appiah - Another solid effort. Worked his butt off but unfortunately is not a striker. Caused the Nux no end of problems, but had poor positioning. With Asdrubal there we would have had six, with Kwassey we would have had 10.
Powell - On at the end briefly but looked slow ( but then so would anyone replacing De Silva)
Buhagier - Also on briefly and scored a very well crafted and well finished goal. If Asdrubal is out any longer I would like to see Buhagier get some time up front I really think striker will turn out to be his position.

Timmah

Still early doors, but roughly a third of the way into the competition and we will see out this round inside the top six.

Is it too early to suggest we're a genuine shot at a finals berth?

Big Al

I was thinking the same thing. I know Danny was subbed, but he was still running like crazy despite that foul when he got treatment.
He's on a three year deal isn't he? Still if someone (Manchester City) want him badly enough he could be on his way.
I'm not sure of the loan rules now though. Could he end up at Melbourne City?

Yes let's hope we get a result next week. After the high when we beat SFC, then the low of the Adelaide game.
Let's keep it on a high for a few weeks.

Even Bozza said after the game, apart from the first game of the season and the Adelaide game we could have won all the others.
They shut the door on City buying our players for Melbourne. So won’t be sold to go to Melbourne. City could buy for themselves but talk of DDS leaving is premature. He won’t leave in January and i don’t think he’d go even if offered a deal.
He is only 8 games in after such a long stint on the sidelines. He hasn’t been great in all those games either. His finishing needs a lot of work (has already blown 2 or 3 goals hitting the keeper when it was easier to score. Blast them Danny).
He is rusty and as we can see getting better each week and getting game confidence back.

I also think us qualifing for the world cup might keep him here for the season as well as he will he playing 90 mins each week to press for those last spots.

Great to see him up and running but bit early for the he will be leaving conversations

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
well, how about that, once the gaffer got the "oh shit were good we beat Sydney" crap out of their heads they turn around and demoralise the Funex
I was thinking wed win but not getting four ... ...well, 3 but to the K1w1 with the big melon, all i can say is 'Chairs bro, grab yourself a tinnie out the chilly bin " imagine what would of happened if we Astroboy to harass the Nux defence....happy that Budgie got a goal, maybe his finally got rid of the crap that was rumoured to be filling his head ... roll on Perth ( AT 5PM NOT 7PM )

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred