• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Round 8 - Local league thread

Kareem

hasbeen said:
Kareem do you realise how patronising you sound by saying you played the worst game of the season but still won 10-2?

(hence there two goals) - whoops .. watch the grammar their (sic) son .....
i swear if you saw the way we played it honestly was our worst performance of season. I swear!
most of our goals were one on ones- slow defence. Our passing was terrible, no triangles, crosses were crap (my fault on left side), and we seemed a bit flat (we had bye previous week) but I dont mean any disrespect to Kincumber team but we know we didnt play that great- we deserved a draw (cant say a loss coz we did have possesion)
on the grammar i apologise i rushed my post...but I do have to say that its interesting how these grammar errors that you discover are only from me...either I am only one with ocassional lapses in grammar (no) or you are grabbing every chance to pick me up on something- you must be very proud of yourself- wouldnt expect anything better from someone like you!

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
Kareem said:
hasbeen said:
Kareem do you realise how patronising you sound by saying you played the worst game of the season but still won 10-2?

(hence there two goals) - whoops .. watch the grammar their (sic) son .....
i swear if you saw the way we played it honestly was our worst performance of season. I swear!
most of our goals were one on ones- slow defence. Our passing was terrible, no triangles, crosses were crap (my fault on left side), and we seemed a bit flat (we had bye previous week) but I dont mean any disrespect to Kincumber team but we know we didnt play that great- we deserved a draw (cant say a loss coz we did have possesion)
on the grammar i apologise i rushed my post...but I do have to say that its interesting how these grammar errors that you discover are only from me...either I am only one with ocassional lapses in grammar (no) or you are grabbing every chance to pick me up on something- you must be very proud of yourself- wouldnt expect anything better from someone like you!

Sanctimonious , egotistical little neophite

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
Gen (MarinerMum) said:
Wyong 17B's won against Terrigal 7 NIL  JD scored 2 goals to bring his season tally to 7.  This betters last season by 7.  They will be playing on Tuesday night at 7pm at Pluim Park against Gosford.  If they win this will put them top  of the table.  Some of the team are still U16 including our keeper.  So a great job by these lads.

Waddick, you have now scored 5 (finally) those boots do it every time. MM

and a couple of good goals they were too....I was there waiting for the 18a's wyoming v Cucumber...(tiges got whipped :( )

bjw

bjw
We East Gosford Lost 2-0 to Avoca (AA6's)

It was 0-0 at half-time, considering were 3rd from bottom and Avoca are top of the table I thought we went okay ;)

Oh and I got Avoca voted me man of the match :D

PubBrawler

Maa6,s  good game brennan didn,t mean to call you a girl, was just jokin around but yer that was the worst iv,e seen us play all season, not takin it away from you guys your team played well against us but for a team that is coming first that was crap, next week we would want to lift against budgie, not happy jan!

RADINHO

Azza said:
RADINHO said:
Won 4-1 Yet it was the worst game of my life!
Why was is he worst game of your life?

It was a win yet we didn't play very well from a scoring perspective we had so many chances we lost count yet we only won by 3 goals and just couldn't hit the back of the net and we hit the bar three or four times so it was frustrating and were not taking time to get our shots on target.

marinermick

Killarney AA2 played the undefeated Mountains and we lost 3-2.

They were not much chop and a lack of finishing as well as three stupid goals given away were the difference.

Alicia

Gosford WAA5's lost 0-4 to top of the table Ourimbah.  Even though we lost, it was one of our best games. 

Congrats to Chimmi, who was our lady of the match.  She played a great game.

Omni, you did a good job as our ref...... except for when the ball was clearly out near our goal in the second half and you called play on!  :)

T

Alicia said:
Gosford WAA5's lost 0-4 to top of the table Ourimbah.  Even though we lost, it was one of our best games. 

Congrats to Chimmi, who was our lady of the match.  She played a great game.

Omni, you did a good job as our ref...... except for when the ball was clearly out near our goal in the second half and you called play on!  :)

Not to mention that the 3rd goal they scored was clearly offside... Congrats to all the girls it was a great game, and they have improved so much since the 1st game!!

Kanwal Bull

Kanwal aa3's 3-3 Kariong, who are undefeated, was a great game to play, we shoulda won, had a few easy chances missed in the 1st few minutes. Got myself 2, 1 of which was actually a normal goal (ive scored 3 penalties in the last 3 weeks)

Gopher of Pern

Kanwal Rover said:
Kanwal aa3's 3-3 Kariong, who are undefeated, was a great game to play, we shoulda won, had a few easy chances missed in the 1st few minutes. Got myself 2, 1 of which was actually a normal goal (ive scored 3 penalties in the last 3 weeks)

Do you have a Drogba in your team, or have they actually been legitimate penalties? The one last week i didn't think was a handball, thought it got him on the chest.

Kanwal Bull

the 1st one was abit suspicious but the last 2 have been blatant handballs in the box. they havent been cos of us diving or anything, the 1st one our team didnt know why we got it but owell these things happen. im just there to finish em, not judge the decision :p

ryan

Budgewoi AA7 got up 2-1 against Eggys Kanwal 2 team. The match was played in very good spirit for the most part and Eggy was dangerous as usual just missing with a nice diving header.

BAD BULLZ

ryan said:
Budgewoi AA7 got up 2-1 against Eggys Kanwal 2 team. The match was played in very good spirit for the most part and Eggy was dangerous as usual just missing with a nice diving header.

:ashamed: :ashamed: :ashamed: :headbutt: :headbutt: :ashamed: :ashamed:

Missed 3 sitters including that one  :headbutt: :headbutt: :headbutt: :headbutt:
Was fuming the whole time with our team and especially my rubbish display  ::)
To make things worse they kept smicko away from me :naughty:

So pissed bout the header its been my dream to score i proper one of those ever since my fav coach ever regulary does them at over 40 i m issed the perfect chance for my perfect goal  :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Your team was unlucky not to punish us was many defensive brain explosions
was fun playing against your mob again tho i've had a fun rivalry with the dawsons for many yrs and a few other mates in that team.
good luck 4 season.

Gen (MarinerMum)

Well, after last nights make up game 17B's at the top of the table, so sorry Gossie.  1-0.
Interesting game, poor refing but that's football.  Game ended up being decided by dot shots.  Gosford missed their's and we got ours.  Both given for felling a strickers in the box.  Happened a few more times but nothing came of those! Interesting!

Hard fought game by both sides.  We were down to ten men early in the first half but defensively we hung on. Our Keeper red carded, ref had no choice even though it was not deliberate.  Our back up keeper Daniel had a blinder considering he has not kept this year. Both sides had opportunities.  JD will be walking home for missing a shot outside the 18 yard box, only missing by centimetres.  Would have been a blinder if it was a little more to the left.

Gwandalan whingers this week. Anyway.  Hopefully we have a strong ref for the game as it will make a difference both ways and keep the game clean.

Well done lads.  we are top of the league say we are the top of the league.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred