• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Round 27 - City Away

turbo

Why so many changes when could have just spotted in someone proven as a CB

I didn’t watch a lot of it but found the starting line up really odd. The only logic I can see is trying players in different roles to make up how mind on what exactly he needs to bring in, what doesn’t work and and who he might keep around. Aiden in to CB would have made heaps more sense but now he’s seen Clisby in CB. Seen Tom in his natural RB position. Hoole got a run in a very central attacking mid role. How Matty and Murray work as a front two. Gave the young blokes a run.

But hard to say any of it worked, poor way to send the season off. It doesn’t shake my faith in him but hopefully we hear why.

Tevor

Looked like they were having their end of season piss up in Melbourne and they started last night. Terrible display but then most are not here next year so not surprised by the lack of enthusiasm. Like others I look forward to seeing who are released in the next few weeks. Boy we tried hard to beat or equal Roars 71 goals conceded, I thought we were going to get there. I really hope things can only get better next year as i’m only good for one more season of this trash and then i’m done.

JoyfulPenguin

At this point you've come back to a better world. Hope things are ok now mate.
Bloody hell mate. Are you OK?
I thought you'd defected to the new Melbourne team. Won't have blamed you.
get well soon jp . stajic quality is top shelf .if stajic had the squad the drive by's had last week .
we'd be top 4 and a real show for the toilet seat .
the sacking of stajic shows how incompetent the FFA are . if we fail in the world cup the sacking will be why .
Just some heart problems I have had since I was born flaring up. Unfortunately had to have an operation to fix it, some leakage that would get worse if left. Didn't have WiFi in hospital or at my mum's so couldn't watch or really chat. Not 100% yet but getting back to it, tonight was my first outing since hospital because I wasn't going to miss a Mariners game in Melbourne!

Wombat

A horrible performance. Flat and gutless

Pearce 3/10. Just no.
Tom 6/10. Nice to have that quality and control in the backs but wingers will try and take him on for pace.
Graham 5/10. Certainly not the scapegoat some on here have suggested. Did quite well at times but lacks a bit of class with the ball at his feet.
Clisby 5/10. Is an honest player and tried hard but has some issues especially in a rudderless team.
Millar 4.5. Is a truly awful FB but he tried hard going forward.
O'Neill 4.5. Probably his worst game of the season and the Riley goal (2.0) was a disgraceful lack of awareness. Dumb and lazy. In fact he couldn't have done worse if you track his movement once we lost the ball. Shame because he was in the top 3 for the season (with Judas and Pain).
Hoole 4. Started quite well but it turned to shit once pressure was applied.
Jem. 5. Poor.
Melling 4. Once Melling is turned he is gone as he only has one speed. His passing was very poor tonight as were his turovers but he did try.
Simon 6. Put in a big shift and did set up Melling and someone else with great chances but he is a battler and not much more.
Murray 5. Toothless.

Look at the difference that 2 solid and experienced CB's gave City to build from and they had a numpty in goals.

Forum Phoenix

Staj failure so far. No time to work on the narrow 4-4-2 diamond and the player positions are puzzling - Hiariej is no right back just as Clisby is no centre back. And Hoole at ten is a terrible decision.

Tom can’t bomb on with the diamond and Millar is pegged back.

And Millar left was a debacle. He tried but got this one badly wrong imo.

Time to clean house, recruit properly and get back to work as soon as humanly possible.

Big Al

Just some heart problems I have had since I was born flaring up. Unfortunately had to have an operation to fix it, some leakage that would get worse if left. Didn't have WiFi in hospital or at my mum's so couldn't watch or really chat. Not 100% yet but getting back to it, tonight was my first outing since hospital because I wasn't going to miss a Mariners game in Melbourne!
Tonight was the last thing your heart needed.

Hope the recovery goes well.

Hospitals are the worst place so enjoy the off-season because we can’t have another year like that.

Big Al

Staj with a rememberance round for Mulvey.

Where was the strong tight back four?

I only saw the second half, which was to much but when you defend with players out of position and use witches hats you get the Mariners of Mulvey again.

Tom H was turned horribly for the third I think it was. Turned hos body the wrong way. Has been a year for him and unfortunately didn’t show us that we need him as RB

And the utter frustration on ONeill. He is a very dirty player when loosing. He mustbbe so pissed off he came here.

At least it’s over

Michael

Tom H was turned horribly for the third I think it was. Turned hos body the wrong way. Has been a year for him and unfortunately didn’t show us that we need him as RB

Tommy bossed Lachie in the first half multiple times and lachie didn’t have an answer. So I think credit goes to lachie for flicking the switch in the second half, the way he set up vidosic was beautiful. He confidently ran straight at tommy and the others every time he could. Tee’d up Harrison with a no look pass too I think. A single tear rolled down my face knowing he should still be with us. But tommy definitely isn’t the long term RB we need. Despite being a natural there he isn’t the overlapping bombing on type. Especially if the diamond midfield is our thing again. (Which could be good for us)
I think Staj came to the decision that he didn’t feel Lewis Miller wasn’t up to starting for whatever reason so then it became a patch work job in the back 4. Could’ve even used tommy in CB and Millar back to RB so balance is kept.

But anyway, it’s over. I’m willing to give Staj benefit of the doubt that he’ll learn from it.

Time to hope the recruitment exceeds our expectations and has a very f**king clear method to it. Not signing f**king 16 players and then literally having a 28-29 man squad.
And hopefully come Monday, or whenever training is done with, the release list contains the players that truly need to f**k off.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred