• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Round 25 vs Roar @ Lang Park

Ozhammer

From what I saw of the game (we watched up to the 65th minute before heading into CCS to boogie) we weren’t dreadful but then Brisbane weren’t that flash either.

Powell shouldn’t get a contract renewal purely on the basis of his sheer stupidity in barging Baro off the ball when he would surely otherwise have equalised. That showed a real lack of game smarts imo, which is something we simply can’t afford going forward.

Still not convinced about this 5-3-2 formation but at least WOS did include a (supposed) striker in this week’s line up.

Anyone know what the deal is with McGing? He’s been a starter all season and is now only coming off the bench for a cameo. Not sure how Roux can be considered a better FB in all honesty and he showed last night that he can’t defend the back post properly whichever flank he plays on.

But for a couple of errors, I thought Rowles went pretty well again last night and he is certainly one for the future. I personally wasn’t as impressed by Wales as some seem to have been but it’s a big ask for someone as young as him to impose himself on the opposition at this level, so I will temper my judgement. Hoole worked hard but still tends to hold onto the ball one touch too long at times, leading him to lose possession.

Rose senior definitely needs to hang up his boots at season’s end, as he just doesn’t have what it takes any more. Wout is finally beginning to show that he can control games, I just wonder why we are only seeing that this close to the end of the season? Pain really needs to make up his mind if he wants a future at our club, as his body language and application aren’t giving the right signals at the moment imo. When he is up for it, he can be really effective but he can’t do that once in every 10 or so games. Personally, I wouldn’t be too upset to see him let go and replaced by a naturally left-sided attacking midfielder.

BK’s performances have definitely plateaued and his flap at one cross in particular was pretty ordinary. No real blame on him for the goal in truth, as Henrique’s run should have been tracked. Rosebud put in a solid enough shift again this week but I would still like to see him moved further up the park where his control and vision could be put to better use.

This was another game where we should have taken at least a point but fell short in the quality stakes. It is fortunate that the Nix aren’t travelling any better than us at the moment but we need to jag a point or more from the last two games just so we can all breathe a little easier.

Last edited:

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Went to dinner then to see Chic and Lionel Richie. Ignored CCM completely and had a lovely evening.

Try it
Melbourne comedy festival for me.
That Hoole free-kick should've been a goal. The ball bounced just inside the line.

Hopefully next time he lines up one like that there can be no doubting it counts- and it gets the w against the Jest...

Given it needs to be whole ball, the ball will look like it's over the line well before it actually is, if you're watching it from an angle. You can have grass between the ball and the line and still have an edge of the ball over the line.

Ancient Mariner

But for a couple of errors, I thought Rowles went pretty well again last night and he is certainly one for the future. I personally wasn’t as impressed by Wales as some seem to have been but it’s a big ask for someone as young as him to impose himself on the opposition at this level, so I will temper my judgement. Hoole worked hard but still tends to hold onto the ball one touch too long at times, leading him to lose possession.

I agree with you about about Rowles, a very good prospect. I liked him better in the SFC game when he stuck to whoever he was marking like glue and didn't give an inch.

I had not been overly impressed by Wales until last nights game. Last night he gave us a lot of go forward and managed to get his head up and find team mates and kept trying things. Like Rowles he made some errors but if you play not to make mistakes he could have kept recycling the ball backwards and had better pass statistics. Frankly, I have seen enough of this and am happy for some "head up try it on" play. The more you try it the greater your confidence becomes and the less passes you leave short.

I thought it was one of Hoole's better games last night. He did not hold the ball and lose it every time he had it. There were some times when he actually moved it on quickly, just need to see more of this.

Overall the team was pretty ordinary but have created more chances and more excitement in the last two games (with a reduced squad) than most of the season.

If Sully does nothing else he can get them to have a go, try a a few different structures, and give some youngsters some experience at the top level.

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
Well, that was about what I expected, mind you Alo$$i should be thoroughly pissed at his lazy pack of dorks, did they ever get out of first gear?...I froze the free kick and I reckon it well and truly crossed the line...just our luck
NOW...Blake Powell WTF ❓give yourself an uppercut..before El Capitan does....Hoolie, Archie said on the pre game he had to stop over thinking stuff, I concur , hoi Hooley KISS....Kai was pretty good , Wout was brilliant Lachie was much better, McGing was ...ordinary...Painy had a pretty good 100th, Rose the Elder was very ordinary, Rose the younger was better...and Skapetis was in Gosford ...why did we get him if he ain’t getting ANY time, I’m fairly certain he would shit all over Powell.....any way two to go , then the re build can begin COYY

Big Al

I agree with you about about Rowles, a very good prospect. I liked him better in the SFC game when he stuck to whoever he was marking like glue and didn't give an inch.

I had not been overly impressed by Wales until last nights game. Last night he gave us a lot of go forward and managed to get his head up and find team mates and kept trying things. Like Rowles he made some errors but if you play not to make mistakes he could have kept recycling the ball backwards and had better pass statistics. Frankly, I have seen enough of this and am happy for some "head up try it on" play. The more you try it the greater your confidence becomes and the less passes you leave short.

I thought it was one of Hoole's better games last night. He did not hold the ball and lose it every time he had it. There were some times when he actually moved it on quickly, just need to see more of this.

Overall the team was pretty ordinary but have created more chances and more excitement in the last two games (with a reduced squad) than most of the season.

If Sully does nothing else he can get them to have a go, try a a few different structures, and give some youngsters some experience at the top level.
Agree with it all except Hoole. He did actually pass a few times but takes to long and is facing the wrong was so often when gets possession. Thats fine but you need to release it immediately to the next player facing the right way. He spends to ling trying to get control.

Big Al

Two things are absolutely horrible.
1. the hit hope in the attack. For such a structured side they have absolutely no clue. No runs and no idea where the crosses are going
2. The lack of Movement. So many times they get into a triangle but as soon as they have made their pass they just stop. You need to make a run and extend the triangle further up the field. To often the last player is stuck with no one to pass to and the last player who passed it to them lets the defence stand between them and goes it’s your problem now

greenlig

It boggles the mind how many times we get into a crossing position and there are 4 of their defenders and one of our attackers in the box. Usually our player is running out of the area too. Incredible.

priorpeter

Simply dreadful, dreadful game of football. Not nice to watch at all.
Cloudlands in the Valley afterwards was sensational though.

Wombat

The HAL this year has 5 decent teams and 5 woeful teams.

Us Nix and Bris are easily the worst.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred