• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Round 25 vs Roar @ Lang Park

Hammo

There are 3 point for the taking here.. .
After a resurgent poerformance under Sully last night I think the boys will bounce back with a win on easter saturday..
Travelling up for this one and dragging some brisbane based friends to the game, their all knuckle dragger nrl supporters but I don’t hold that against them!!
Come on you yellow, let’s bring the points home and win the last 3 on the spin!!

FFC Mariner

Im not so sure, 532 looked much better than Okons rubbish but Roar are peaking at just the right time and with rumours that Aloi$i is off, they will be motivated to play for him

Wombat

I just watched Perth park the bus in the 2nd half but they have two brilliant hard arse centre backs.....also smart enough to have Keogh and Taggert offer an outlet to help the defence.
I never really rated Kenny as a couch but he is a genius compared to the mugs we have had in charge of us for the last 4 years

MagpieMariner

I just watched Perth park the bus in the 2nd half but they have two brilliant hard arse centre backs.....also smart enough to have Keogh and Taggert offer an outlet to help the defence.
I never really rated Kenny as a couch but he is a genius compared to the mugs we have had in charge of us for the last 4 years
Maybe we can sit on him. :vhappy:

tyson

Thanks Hammo. Really appreciate you getting these threads started.
While there were glimpses of decent football on the weekend and had a few decisions gone our way we could have got a result, I hope there is plenty of improvement for this game. It will be needed if Sully wants a look in for the gig next season.

FFC Mariner

Going 5311 against Sydney showed more tactical nous in 90 minutes than Okon has shown in his whole career.
If Sully gets a win or 2 he would be in the mix (being cheap and all)

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
Going 5311 against Sydney showed more tactical nous in 90 minutes than Okon has shown in his whole career.
If Sully gets a win or 2 he would be in the mix (being cheap and all)
Fark moi, I hope Sully ain’t gonna be in the mix , but yeah , his actually used tactics v the smurfs as opposed to plan A over and over again

Gratis

Sully is not a look in regardless.
1. He himself said he wasn't interested
2. The club are WELL aware that it's make or brake on the next manager...and so will go for at least some proven experience.
Man management seems to be a key criteria. Arnie had it, Lawrie had it, young players need it, older professionals need it, and the machine must be well oiled if it's going to run on fumes.

finally retired

Sully is not a look in regardless.
1. He himself said he wasn't interested
2. The club are WELL aware that it's make or brake on the next manager...and so will go for at least some proven experience.
Man management seems to be a key criteria. Arnie had it, Lawrie had it, young players need it, older professionals need it, and the machine must be well oiled if it's going to run on fumes.
I thought we already agreed...... no Farina...

JoyfulPenguin

With no Danny it will be very interesting to see how our midfield lines up. Wales looked great at 10 against Sydney and Danny's injury gives him a real chance to stake a claim while our future coach is invariably watching.

The chances are running out for players like Melling and Berry to impress. Berry needs to make an impact or I doubt he will get another contract, he showed real promise at the beginning of Okon's reign.

It seems like Bingham is already out the door, would be good to see him given one last chance leading the line. Powell and Skapetis must be keen to impress as well, if both stay on for next season and we bring in another striker, runs on the board will count for a lot.

A start from Glover wouldn't go astray if he's available next season. If not then giving Pearce some more A-League experience would only be beneficial if he is to be our backup next season.

With so many players with their contracts, and most likely professional futures, on the line it will be interesting to see how these final weeks play out.

Big Al

With no Danny it will be very interesting to see how our midfield lines up. Wales looked great at 10 against Sydney and Danny's injury gives him a real chance to stake a claim while our future coach is invariably watching.

The chances are running out for players like Melling and Berry to impress. Berry needs to make an impact or I doubt he will get another contract, he showed real promise at the beginning of Okon's reign.

It seems like Bingham is already out the door, would be good to see him given one last chance leading the line. Powell and Skapetis must be keen to impress as well, if both stay on for next season and we bring in another striker, runs on the board will count for a lot.

A start from Glover wouldn't go astray if he's available next season. If not then giving Pearce some more A-League experience would only be beneficial if he is to be our backup next season.

With so many players with their contracts, and most likely professional futures, on the line it will be interesting to see how these final weeks play out.
I think same 2nd half starting team and 2nd half formation that had TBT in for Danny as the half time sub. We had no target 1st half as DDS was so deep.

After last weeks mess I think we can play more like 2nd half setup and hopefully push harder early.
Wales can have his cameo again. He just is not ready for starting. Just 20-30 per game till the end of season for me

JoyfulPenguin

I think same 2nd half starting team and 2nd half formation that had TBT in for Danny as the half time sub. We had no target 1st half as DDS was so deep.

After last weeks mess I think we can play more like 2nd half setup and hopefully push harder early.
Wales can have his cameo again. He just is not ready for starting. Just 20-30 per game till the end of season for me
Yeah, Wales doesn't seem to have the engine yet for a whole game. Maybe giving him a half would be a good idea? Seeing Trent up forward was heartening and I thought he did terrifically well. Powell could do a job in the floating 10 role when Wales is off.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred