• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Round 22 - Local Thread

Wombat

Jolly_Roger said:
Wombat said:
Kariong 035B v Umina .  2.2 Draw.

We were pretty ordinary today and turned up thinking that was all we had to do.

We scored a nicely worked goal after 5 mins and immediately switched off allowing Umina into the game.

The ref had a shocker and gave Umina the first of two dodgy penalties. 1.1 at half time.

Second half we dominated early again to get back 2.1 up.  On a rare break a Umina player was shouldered off the ball and the muppet in black gave another hotly contested penalty....2.2.

Umina hardly had a shot apart from the Dot Shots but they were stuborn and we couldn't put them away.

The Ref looked like he was missing a couple of chromozones and certainly refed like it.

Never mind we were crap anyway.

Major Semi v East Gosford next week.

Having played in this game on the opposite team, i think you are being a little harsh on the referee. Both the penalties awarded were correct. A hand ball in the box, regardless of whether it was intentional or not, is still a hand ball and a penalty should be awarded. ANd this is what the referee did

The second decision involved a player moving well outside the line of a moving ball to shoulder an opposing player away. He was completetly flattened.This is obstruction, and is again outside the rules of the game. THe referee explained his decision at the time

We played well today considering we were playing with a second string team that was missing four of our ace regulars with no subs, and the midday sun. Unfortunately, not having all our cattle on the paddack at the same time has been our problem this year.
If only we had the luxury of four subs that could be rotated every 10 minutes. Although the breaks your subs provided were welcome reliefs.

I wont apologise for the weekends result stopping you guys from having a chance at winning the minor premiership. But good luck in the semis and we will look forward to continueing the battles next year!

Out of interest, you might recall when we met two weeks ago our keeper had to leave the field with a problem with his hand. Unfortunately, his hand was shattered in the contest and broken in several places. It was operated on mid week and wired up to the hilt. The challenge was fair and just one of those things. i thought you might be intersted

cheers

Hello Jolly.

I thought you blokes did play well.  3 of your back 4 are excellent and very composed and you have talent in the middle of the park....you are a decent Footballing side.  The main problem you have is u are a bit light on up front.
The second penalty was harsh but also stupid by our sweeper as your bloke wasn't going to get to it....coz he 100kilo when he shoulders you you tend to bounce abit!
The first one according to the resident ref on this forum was NOT a penalty.
Dot shots aside, the Ref appeared to be rather biased in your favour throughout the match...I don't think a single foul was given against Umina all game, where as we had 3 or 4 players booked.
Personally I thought we were rubbish but the boys and wives on the sideline were whinging big style about how bad the ref was.
BTW...who were you?....not the bloke I had a head clash with?
Best of Luck to your keeper who I remember is a good bloke...but your stand in keeper on Sat was also very good.
See ya next year...all games against Umina are very competative but always played in a good spirit.
Cheers

Jolly_Roger

Your quite right. We have no strikers. One of our fullbacks who has been out for the past eight weeks played up front on the weekend. The grand come back for the last game of the year!

We do play well on occasion. It seems we have been fielding second string sides all year. I dont think we played a game at strength all year.

Overall i have enjoyed the competition this year. I think its been a fairly even comp and we have had a competative game from virtually every team we have played. Its not a fast league, however most teams play with a bit of skill with reasonable with ball players in the right positions. I would be interested to know how the northern comp compares. I think one of the east gosford teams will go up into the "A" division next year. The A's only run with seven teams in their comp. If they graded both teams correctly i am sure they would have a team that would compete in A's.

I dont remember a head clash in the game so it certainly wasnt me. Not sure who that might of been............ I play left mid. I am not sure what our keepers plans are for next year.

Hows that own goal two weeks ago...........that was a pisser. Its the best goal we scored all year, be it into the back of our own net...

Good luck in the finals.

Kanwal Bull

Jimmy said:
People's Champion said:
BAD BULLZ said:
:eek:verhead: x thousands

KANWAL AA1 LEAGUE CHAMPIONS

:eek:verhead: :eek:verhead: :eek:verhead: :eek:verhead: :eek:verhead: :eek:verhead: :eek:verhead:

not yet..

In the words of Pauline Hason, "Please Explain?"

just a misunderstanding.. but we lost our major semi in a penalty shootout.. played shit myself.. but confident for next weekend..

Jimmy

People's Champion said:
Jimmy said:
People's Champion said:
BAD BULLZ said:

:eek:verhead: :eek:verhead: :eek:verhead: :eek:verhead: :eek:verhead: :eek:verhead: :eek:verhead:

not yet..

just a misunderstanding.. but we lost our major semi in a penalty shootout.. played shit myself.. but confident for next weekend..

Best of luck guys.
Wish I was there.

BAD BULLZ

People's Champion said:
Jimmy said:
People's Champion said:
BAD BULLZ said:

not yet..

Different understanding of the term league champions greggo always took it as u gotta finish 1st and win grand final.
I dont like the term minor premiors so i said league champs.

Wombat

Jolly_Roger said:
Your quite right. We have no strikers. One of our fullbacks who has been out for the past eight weeks played up front on the weekend. The grand come back for the last game of the year!

We do play well on occasion. It seems we have been fielding second string sides all year. I dont think we played a game at strength all year.

Overall i have enjoyed the competition this year. I think its been a fairly even comp and we have had a competative game from virtually every team we have played. Its not a fast league, however most teams play with a bit of skill with reasonable with ball players in the right positions. I would be interested to know how the northern comp compares. I think one of the east gosford teams will go up into the "A" division next year. The A's only run with seven teams in their comp. If they graded both teams correctly i am sure they would have a team that would compete in A's.

I dont remember a head clash in the game so it certainly wasnt me. Not sure who that might of been............ I play left mid. I am not sure what our keepers plans are for next year.

Hows that own goal two weeks ago...........that was a pisser. Its the best goal we scored all year, be it into the back of our own net...

Good luck in the finals.

Are you the Nippy Irish bloke?

The head clash was with your shortish stocky forward....might have been a ring in I don't remember marking him before.

Yeah you CB's Oggie was fantastic.........probably best Own goal i've ever seen...bizarre really!

BTW we made GF after beating Rams 2.1.  I think the draw with you blokes woke us up abit.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred