• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Round 20 - Sydney FC [H]

neverwozza

He was down at the ccma/blacktown trial last Saturday watching his brother run around for blacktown. My wife reckon he had a limp so still possibly injured.

Ozhammer

Personally I am struggling to get enthused about this game and my other half has flatly refused to attend, as she has had enough of the deliberate underinvestment in the team crueling any chance of CCM being genuinely competitive.

Let’s be honest with ourselves here, we would need to be at our best and SFC have an off day for us to get the choccies. No doubt some will call these comments defeatist but that’s just how I see it. SFC may of course have heavy legs after their ACL exploits but I’d be pretty doubtful that they wouldn’t have planned to deal with that and there is a reason they are 10 points clear at the top of the table.

Until such time as the club can find a way to at least spend the cap, I am afraid we are doomed to repeat the cycle of failure, as has clearly been shown over the last 6 seasons. I am honestly not sure how much more of this sort of purgatory I want to put myself through, whilst the club doesn’t seem to really understand how much it is killing the passion of us fans.

Wombat

I don't think so Waspish. I'll be bringing a young'un along. Whether he likes it or not.
I bought my son a three game pass and he hasn't been yet, so I am going to take some kid from the surf club who had a Mariners Tshirt when I was down there last week. His Dad may come too. If anyone sees what appears to be a kidnapping in the Killcare area on Sunday, that'll be me dragging the kid into my car.
I think the smurfs will swell the numbers this time.

I'm half watching the game tonight. How we didn't score against Adelaide as they've let five in now is beyond me. Also how WSW didn't give the Jests a good hiding too.

Izzo is not a great keeper!

Ancient Mariner

I am not expecting a result but will be there, to eat the prawn sandwiches, and as always keen to watch individual performances and tactics of the coaches.

I also see my membership fees and my attendance as a small way of contributing to the wellbeing of the Club which needs every little drop it can.

Michael

Personally I am struggling to get enthused about this game and my other half has flatly refused to attend, as she has had enough of the deliberate underinvestment in the team crueling any chance of CCM being genuinely competitive.

Let’s be honest with ourselves here, we would need to be at our best and SFC have an off day for us to get the choccies. No doubt some will call these comments defeatist but that’s just how I see it. SFC may of course have heavy legs after their ACL exploits but I’d be pretty doubtful that they wouldn’t have planned to deal with that and there is a reason they are 10 points clear at the top of the table.

Until such time as the club can find a way to at least spend the cap, I am afraid we are doomed to repeat the cycle of failure, as has clearly been shown over the last 6 seasons. I am honestly not sure how much more of this sort of purgatory I want to put myself through, whilst the club doesn’t seem to really understand how much it is killing the passion of us fans.

I agree with many things you post Oz.
But it hurt agreeing with this one. I’m more excited about mowing my lawn today than watching the boys.
And as I posted in the podcast thread just before. Seeing that the jets are likely going to sign Bernie I’m just incredibly angry towards the club again. I’ve been mostly understanding this season because I’ve seen positives in stajs coaching and some performances etc but I’m at my wits end after this.
They should be pulling all stops to sign a former player, former fan favourite and one of our genuine golden youth boys who’s been available for at least 2 months based in Sydney. And in all likelyhood didn’t even make contact. Who could genuinely bring some bums on seats, some excitement and some f**king goals. And after the scum just gave Roy more money than before Bernie wouldn’t be chasing big $$$ right now.
Livid.

Ancient Mariner

I would love to see Bernie back, however for a player of his quality not yet being picked up in the A-League already gives me pause to think and wonder how bad his injury may be. He had a club lined up but failed the fitness test.
I would be concerned that he may not play this season.
That he has not been snapped up rings warning bells.

marinermick

I agree with many things you post Oz.
But it hurt agreeing with this one. I’m more excited about mowing my lawn today than watching the boys.
And as I posted in the podcast thread just before. Seeing that the jets are likely going to sign Bernie I’m just incredibly angry towards the club again. I’ve been mostly understanding this season because I’ve seen positives in stajs coaching and some performances etc but I’m at my wits end after this.
They should be pulling all stops to sign a former player, former fan favourite and one of our genuine golden youth boys who’s been available for at least 2 months based in Sydney. And in all likelyhood didn’t even make contact. Who could genuinely bring some bums on seats, some excitement and some f**king goals. And after the scum just gave Roy more money than before Bernie wouldn’t be chasing big $$$ right now.
Livid.

I have only just decided to go. It was the game or football training and training nearly won out.

In saying this, there will be twenty guys at training, all passionate about football, some regulars, not going to the game. I can’t really blame them.

This is the biggest disappointment in the trajectory of this club.

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
Well , I’m fairly certain The Recks aren’t going ...and that’s just weird ....something like 6 homes games missed since the beginning and if memory serves this will be the first deliberate miss ,...thanks pikey Mikey

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

I have the sort of week coming up when I need to maintain complete focus at work and not end up with a frustrating distraction Sunday night - as such I don't even plan on watching it on Kayo at this stage.
Whether we turn up and get beat, or don't turn up and get beat - it's frustrating / infuriating either way, just at different things.

Historically I've always really enjoyed the Sydney games. In all honesty, when I lived on the coast in the early years I found them to have an even better atmosphere than the derby, and the games were usually better too. Even through our dark years the Sydney games have often been entertaining.

But this week I need to look after myself - and I know we're going to lose anyway.

Well , I’m fairly certain The Recks aren’t going ...and that’s just weird ....something like 6 homes games missed since the beginning and if memory serves this will be the first deliberate miss ,...thanks pikey Mikey
Understandable mate

MC didn't save the club all those years ago - he just seems to have stretched out its demise.

Man, imagine how much more free time we'd all have if he just let the damn club die rather than let it wither away.

Local bottle-o's would probably have been worse off though.

Wombat

I can't believe the pussy reaction from some of you so called supporters.

Why post on here when you dont have the gumption to actually SUPPORT your team.

Part time supporters.

AuzDutchy

I can't believe the pussy reaction from some of you so called supporters.

Why post on here when you dont have the gumption to actually SUPPORT your team.

Part time supporters.

If the players cant turn up and be bothered, how can you expect the fans to?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred