• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Round 2 Methcarthur away

Big Al

We don’t charge $40 though.

25% extra for a start up team is a joke imo.

And now I think of it, if there’s one team who should be charging a premium to away fans, it’s us. You get to sit in the most beautiful stadium in the country and for years been practically guaranteed a win.

Should have been charging double, ;)
We sure do charge $40+
I went to buy a general admission ticket for NYE and it was $44-$45 with Ticketek charges.
So I bought a 3 game membership with a hat for $74.
$25 a game for 3 instead of almost $50 for 1

Forum Phoenix

We sure do charge $40+
I went to buy a general admission ticket for NYE and it was $44-$45 with Ticketek charges.
So I bought a 3 game membership with a hat for $74.
$25 a game for 3 instead of almost $50 for 1
?? Big Al think you got ripped off somehow. I bought a Gold reserve ticket for someone else next to my seats for $40 for NYE.
But regardless I'm talking about Active away. Ours is only $30.

I think $40 for active in shit seats is too much. Even at $25, I think our active bay should be lower still, I think active should be encouraged and incentivised, not milked.

Big Al

?? Big Al think you got ripped off somehow. I bought a Gold reserve ticket for someone else next to my seats for $40 for NYE.
But regardless I'm talking about Active away. Ours is only $30.

I think $40 for active in shit seats is too much. Even at $25, I think our active bay should be lower still, I think active should be encouraged and incentivised, not milked.
I was horrified at the price myself. Went online and wanted best available navy and that was the price. Not sure if it was because it was the day before the game or what. The price was like $25 On the screen but when you select it it goes up which is nothing like the minimum price stated.
Either way I agree it’s way to much but it is certainly what you will pay at most venues.
I think it’s a massive issue and has been for years. They need to make the away bays attractive and they make it cheaper for members of the away team imo

Forum Phoenix

I was horrified at the price myself. Went online and wanted best available navy and that was the price. Not sure if it was because it was the day before the game or what. The price was like $25 On the screen but when you select it it goes up which is nothing like the minimum price stated.
Either way I agree it’s way to much but it is certainly what you will pay at most venues.
I think it’s a massive issue and has been for years. They need to make the away bays attractive and they make it cheaper for members of the away team imo

Yeah that's weird. Was it the NYE fireworks special price maybe? Navy Reserve full price for us is usually $30.

I read Methcarthur fans getting very upset about their prices a while back.

priorpeter

I remember showing up to WSW away a few years ago and getting slugged $48 for an ‘away supporters’ ticket at the gate. Their GA tickets were $20. Was not thrilled.

Macarthur slugging away fans $40 (plus booking fees) is a f**king disgrace as far as I’m concerned, and tbh slugging their own active $40 a pop is f**ked too. They were charging $450-odd for a full season active supporter membership in the ‘bullpen’, wtf is going on at executive/ticketing level there I don’t know but it’s a disgrace.

Forum Phoenix

I remember showing up to WSW away a few years ago and getting slugged $48 for an ‘away supporters’ ticket at the gate. Their GA tickets were $20. Was not thrilled.

Macarthur slugging away fans $40 (plus booking fees) is a f**king disgrace as far as I’m concerned, and tbh slugging their own active $40 a pop is f**ked too. They were charging $450-odd for a full season active supporter membership in the ‘bullpen’, wtf is going on at executive/ticketing level there I don’t know but it’s a disgrace.
Totally agree. Had the same experience at Wanderers away early on and never went back. Way too much effort to pay that.

marinermick

The bus down this year is good value for what it’s worth - $45 for travel there and back, includes a ticket - sign me up

Agree, the bus trip was awesome. Plus you could bring your own esky on the bus.

The only downside was walking into the stadium with Gibbo and he jokingly said loudly that we had flares.

I was not happy with the thorough patting down by security that resulted from that comment.

ryan

I'm not sensing much optimism for this game. For me today is more about performance. Backing up 3 days after a derby with a smallish squad against a team thought to have one of the best squads in the league will be tricky. If the lads can play well it will help restore some confidence in the team from the general public which could be very important moving forward

Ads

With the quick back up the mids are going to need some extra ooommphh.

With Hatch & Miller having both attacking and defensive mindset I would love to see them unleashed on the wide areas.

Might seem a bit weird but I would could help us strengthen both attack and defence at the same time as long as they get some training time in those positions.

And then have Stens come in to help see out the game and tactically foul and slow play.

Nigro—-Tonj—-Rowles—Clisby
Miller—-Niz——Olly——Hatch
——————DDS—————
——————Kuol—————

Stens for Mid
Simon for DDS
Smylie for Kuol
Hall for Fullback
Boumann small stint

Ironbark

I'm not sensing much optimism for this game. For me today is more about performance. Backing up 3 days after a derby with a smallish squad against a team thought to have one of the best squads in the league will be tricky. If the lads can play well it will help restore some confidence in the team from the general public which could be very important moving forward
Not optimistic about the result but am optimistic about the grit. We CAN win but the odds are stacked against.

After this we get our visas in with some time to train with the squad and then optimism goes up for results in a bigger way

MrCelery

possible side

HOUSOS FC​

1Adam FedericiGK
7Ivan FranjicDF
12James MeredithDF
6Aleksandar JovanovicDF
15Aleksandar SusnjarDF
5Mark Milligan ‎MF
31Lachlam RoseMF
8Denis GenreauMF
10Loïc PuyoMF
14Moudi NajjarMF
27Matt DerbyshireFW

Substitutes​

16Nick SumanSub
3Antony GolecSub
4Beñat EtxebarriaSub
21Jake HollmanSub
29Antonis MartisSub
19Michael RuhsSub
33Markel Susaeta
Housos FC! Love it!

pinklady

With the quick back up the mids are going to need some extra ooommphh.

With Hatch & Miller having both attacking and defensive mindset I would love to see them unleashed on the wide areas.

Might seem a bit weird but I would could help us strengthen both attack and defence at the same time as long as they get some training time in those positions.

And then have Stens come in to help see out the game and tactically foul and slow play.

Nigro—-Tonj—-Rowles—Clisby
Miller—-Niz——Olly——Hatch
——————DDS—————
——————Kuol—————

Stens for Mid
Simon for DDS
Smylie for Kuol
Hall for Fullback
Boumann small stint
If Hatch plays he needs to be at LB in place of Clisby to counter the pace of Lachie Rose (who played for Central Coast Under 16s in 2015 alongside Glassock, Runge, Bennett, Wilson, Thomas and Johnson who all went on to play NYL while Lachie wasn't considered for a NYL spot). It would also boost Hatchys confidence against an opponent he knows and has had the better of in the previous two seasons in NPL2.
Despite his goal I wouldnt start Kuol but bring him on later against two older, slower centre backs whose physicality could be an issue from the start (less so for Simon and Boumann).
Casella didn't play a full game and is young and fit, so if he Stens and Niz are injury free then they should all start. If not I would start Hall over Miller - unfortunately Lewis looked off the pace against the Jets.
Whatever happens, it is going to be a big test for the lads against a new team keen to prove their first up win wasn't a fluke, playing their first game at home and also having 6 ex CC players and 2 ex Mariners on their coaching staff many with a point to prove.

Tevor

If Hatch plays he needs to be at LB in place of Clisby to counter the pace of Lachie Rose (who played for Central Coast Under 16s in 2015 alongside Glassock, Runge, Bennett, Wilson, Thomas and Johnson who all went on to play NYL while Lachie wasn't considered for a NYL spot). It would also boost Hatchys confidence against an opponent he knows and has had the better of in the previous two seasons in NPL2.
Despite his goal I wouldnt start Kuol but bring him on later against two older, slower centre backs whose physicality could be an issue from the start (less so for Simon and Boumann).
Casella didn't play a full game and is young and fit, so if he Stens and Niz are injury free then they should all start. If not I would start Hall over Miller - unfortunately Lewis looked off the pace against the Jets.
Whatever happens, it is going to be a big test for the lads against a new team keen to prove their first up win wasn't a fluke, playing their first game at home and also having 6 ex CC players and 2 ex Mariners on their coaching staff many with a point to prove.
When I watched the replay I feel Miller was under instruction to slow the game and protect the lead. On the replay he played a mature comeo off the bench and helped disrupt the Jets. Lets leave judgement until he gets game time under different circumstances which will probably happen today. I was impressed with his maturity.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

We still give the active support the shit seats like all clubs do...and for too many years its been easy pickings for them..:popcorn:
I'd say our active support seats are better than most.....in line with the penalty area beats the corner of the stadium off the corner flag like most stadiums do.

Though I miss the days when the opposition support was in Bay 14 - great times having sing-offs versus a packed Sydney or Newcastle bay

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred